Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
the use of the Mini Cooper with Chauffeur is a great value for suite guests!
Still have to laugh about it. Most wired chauffeured car IMO......
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:47 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by offerendum
Still have to laugh about it. Most wired chauffeured car IMO......
Haha, what's even funnier....I was staying there with another friend/client...we both had suites and had friends visiting us, so a total of 7 people.
Instead of 2 mini coopers, they gave us the option to being chauffeured around sites in a van...so we did
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Visited The Murray in February. I'll do a rundown soon.
Some photos from my brief tour last month in the meantime...

Signature Suite

Signature Suite

Signature Suite

N2 Grand

N2 Grand

Signature Suite

N2 Grand

N2 Grand

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
I've read this thread and a thread regarding MO and wanted to ask the experts for some advice. My wife and I are going to Hong Kong in July for 5 nights before heading to the Maldives. We are looking for a harbor view room. We can stay at the MO for the 5 nights, We can stay at the LMO for 3 nights (pay for 2) and change to another hotel. We can stay at the Four Seasons for 3,4 or 5 nights. We've been to Hong Kong twice (1988 and 1996) and stayed at the old Regent Hotel and loved the harbor views. I believe this is now the IC Hotel. It is purely a vacation trip. We thought we would stay on the Hong Kong side vs. Kowloon since we have stayed on the Kowloon side on both prior trips. I wonder what people think of staying on the Hong Kong side vs. Kowloon? . Also, what about the MO vs. the Four Seasons?. Thanks in advance.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:38 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
I've read this thread and a thread regarding MO and wanted to ask the experts for some advice. My wife and I are going to Hong Kong in July for 5 nights before heading to the Maldives. We are looking for a harbor view room. We can stay at the MO for the 5 nights, We can stay at the LMO for 3 nights (pay for 2) and change to another hotel. We can stay at the Four Seasons for 3,4 or 5 nights. We've been to Hong Kong twice (1988 and 1996) and stayed at the old Regent Hotel and loved the harbor views. I believe this is now the IC Hotel. It is purely a vacation trip. We thought we would stay on the Hong Kong side vs. Kowloon since we have stayed on the Kowloon side on both prior trips. I wonder what people think of staying on the Hong Kong side vs. Kowloon? . Also, what about the MO vs. the Four Seasons?. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like a fun trip!

Normally, I advise clients to book the Upper House, MO or Peninsula...However, in the summer months, I always prefer the Four Seasons due to its awesome outdoor pool over looking the Harbour. This FS also has a great Club/Lounge, of course, I always go out to eat when in HK Also, have always had great feedback regarding service at the FS. So IMHO, at least spend a couple nights at the FS in July.
I'm heading to HK myself in early July and will be staying at the Four Seasons for that reason as well.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
July is rather hot & humid ( with pollution ) which you will get in Maldives . I would stay at MOHK , possibly at TUH to start .
Kowloon is the wrong side
Old May 8, 2018, 2:40 am

I would book Deluxe harbour view room at MO, and try to negotiate upsell to a suite. MO had my favorite suites in Hong Kong.

However, BESVISOR makes a very good point re club level and outdoor swimming pool at FS. So it comes down to what you value more, the modernity of FS and its features such as club level and beautiful swimming pool, or the unparalleled classic elegance of Mandarin Oriental and its great F&B.

They’re basically in the same location, so that is not a factor. You cannot go wrong with either, so it’s a personal choice. Landmark MO would not be my choice, but it is also loved by many and would be a third option, especially if you want a more boutique sized, modern rendition of the Mandarin Oriental experience.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 4:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Deltalimos
I think The Peninsula Hong Kong is the best hotel.
Dorsett Mongkok and Regal Airport hotels
Old May 8, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
For a leisure trip and if pool is important definitively FS. It´s outdoor pool area is better than many resorts. Correct me but pool at MO is nothing special, indoor and very small, at Upper House non existent. LMO is also indoor and not resort-like.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:04 am
formerly htang333

Seems like MO and FS gets the general vote...maybe 3 nights at MO (3rd night free) + 2 nights at FS. You can compare both for fun and won't feel like you missed out on either...Then share your feedback with us
MikeFromTokyo and United747 like this.
Old May 13, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Seems like MO and FS gets the general vote...maybe 3 nights at MO (3rd night free) + 2 nights at FS. You can compare both for fun and won't feel like you missed out on either...Then share your feedback with us
I wanted to do the 3 nights at the MO and 2 at the FS but my wife didn't want to unpack and pack again so we decided on all 5 nights at the FS. The pool seemed to be the deciding factor. Thanks for all the advice
BESVISOR likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 6:23 pm
formerly htang333

I wanted to do the 3 nights at the MO and 2 at the FS but my wife didn't want to unpack and pack again so we decided on all 5 nights at the FS. The pool seemed to be the deciding factor. Thanks for all the advice
Glad you guys were able to decide on one and I'm sure it will be a great time! I've never had complaints from any clients staying at the FS HK. Be sure you book with FSPP, though as it gets the higher priority for upgrades and all else.

We will likely be there between July 6 - 10 to review the property, maybe I'll run into you guys at the pool I'll have a name tag that reads "Flyertalk"!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Blown away by the responsiveness, adaptability, and creativity of the concierge team at the MO Hong Kong. They respond in truly record time to my inquiries, actually take the time to read every word of my emails (this is rarer then it should be), and have yet to miss a beat on a single request. We haven't asked anything of them that's too crazy, but its just the overall attentiveness that I really appreciate.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Blown away by the responsiveness, adaptability, and creativity of the concierge team at the MO Hong Kong. They respond in truly record time to my inquiries, actually take the time to read every word of my emails (this is rarer then it should be), and have yet to miss a beat on a single request. We haven't asked anything of them that's too crazy, but its just the overall attentiveness that I really appreciate.
That's to be expected. I've found that end of the hotel to be ultra professional and efficient. It's some of the other parts of the hotel that can be lax and leave more to be desired.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by callmedtop

I had my next HK stay planned at the RC but from what i hear about MO first their showers and now their concierge suddenly I am not so sure.

What is the consensus here on which is better ?
For those who have stayed at both - which would you rather return to and why ?

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.