Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

best hotel in Hong Kong

best hotel in Hong Kong

Old Jan 18, 18, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the tip... Heading there in a few weeks... I'll have to check it out.
Old Feb 14, 18, 2:08 am

May potentially be visiting HK for a few nights with the family later this year; have been before, but never at one of the luxury hotels. Will mainly just be eating and some sight-seeing with our daughter (3.5yo). Location isn't a major deal breaker either way. I know one really can't go wrong with any of the usual suspects here, but thought I'd check to see if any of them have become more (or less) favoured in recent times, mainly in terms of service?

In terms of different rooms at the time with our preferred budget:
- MO Hong Kong City view suite (they have a 1NT free promotion which brings down the price)
- FS Deluxe (entry) room
- Peninsula deluxe (entry) room
- Ritz HK Grand Seaview Room
- The Upper House (studio 70) - is a bit more expensive than we'd ideally like (have to draw the line somewhere)

Leaning towards the MO given the suites promotion giving a higher room category for the same price as the others, but could be swayed if the product / service is miles ahead at one of the others : )

Last edited by Arrow29; Feb 14, 18 at 2:48 am Reason: Added info
Old Feb 14, 18, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I love the Peninsula, but some of their standard rooms are small for more than one person even though they generally have nice big bathrooms.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Feb 14, 18, 2:38 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Arrow29 View Post
May potentially be visiting HK for a few nights with the family later this year; have been before, but never at one of the luxury hotels. Will mainly just be eating and some sight-seeing with our daughter (3.5yo). Location isn't a major deal breaker either way. I know one really can't go wrong with any of the usual suspects here, but thought I'd check to see if any of them have become more (or less) favoured in recent times, mainly in terms of service?

- MO Hong Kong City view suite (they have a 1NT free promotion which brings down the price)
- FS Deluxe (entry) room

Leaning towards the MO given the suites promotion giving a higher room category for the same price as the others, but could be swayed if the product / service is miles ahead at one of the others : )
I think you're forgetting The Upper House here!
Old Feb 14, 18, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I think you're forgetting The Upper House here!
Oops yes you're right! I had looked at it, but forgot to add it in - have edited my original post. I've read a lot of good things about it, although it is a bit more than we'd like to spend ideally (20% more total stay than the MO City View suite)..but not ruled out.
Old Feb 14, 18, 3:27 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We loved the Peninsula Hong Kong. It’s such an iconic part of the city...great views, wonderful upgrade via virtuoso. And the Peninsula Hotels are always the best at catering to children.
Your little one might enjoy this...
https://aqualuna.com.hk/experience
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Feb 14, 18, 5:06 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Originally Posted by Ericka View Post
We loved the Peninsula Hong Kong. Itís such an iconic part of the city...great views, wonderful upgrade via virtuoso. And the Peninsula Hotels are always the best at catering to children.
Your little one might enjoy this...
https://aqualuna.com.hk/experience
And the lovely RR Transfers
Old Feb 14, 18, 5:10 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Rosewood Elite, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Hyatt Prive, Shangri-La, SPG LP, etc...
Originally Posted by Arrow29 View Post

- FS Deluxe (entry) room
- The Upper House (studio 70) - is a bit more expensive than we'd ideally like (have to draw the line somewhere)

Note sure when you're going but Rosewood HK should open in Sep, there may be a nice grand opening offer or something +then book through Rosewood Elite...could be an option as well. I really do love the Peninsula, though but agree that the entry rooms may not be ideal.
Old Feb 14, 18, 11:10 am
Formerly known as cedricgerald

Congratulations for bringing your Daughter

- Love the MO. Their suites are really nice.. Having a bath looking at the harbor is an experience. Small indoor pool (usually empty and kids are allowed). Probably the best food options of all hotels. Not sure if you have enough space to put an extra bed in the suite BR (she won't mind sleeping with her Parents )

- RC Love the hotel but the location is not ideal especially with a 3 YO. Their indoor pool has great views if weather permits (and they have a lovely outdoor jacuzzi).
- Upper house : hotel with small lobby. Food is OK Wonder why all the buzz about this one. I'll not pick up this hotel
- Pen location is great (for Kowloon side). The pool is nice with great view (assume child are allowed ?). I'll not pick up this hotel. For me this is more a tourist attraction than an hotel.
- FS GREAT outdoor pool. Your daughter will love it. They're usually kids Friendly
- Landmak MO: Rooms with no view. Limited food option (2 restaurants only ). Great SPA but relatively small indoor pool

My choice will be either the MO or the FS (mainly for their pool that your daughter will enjoy)
Also if you have a late flight or early arrival, MO is usually flexible if you book via FHR / virtuoso (last stay I had a 7 am check in and a 8 pm check out at no extra charge)

Another option but not as luxury is the IC for their outdoor pool (room facing the harbor are smaller than the city view rooms)

Enjoy your trip
FlyerEC and mumum17 like this.
Old Feb 14, 18, 11:24 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Originally Posted by CGRA View Post
Congratulations for bringing your Daughter

- Love the MO. Their suites are really nice.. Having a bath looking at the harbor is an experience. Small indoor pool (usually empty and kids are allowed). Probably the best food options of all hotels. Not sure if you have enough space to put an extra bed in the suite BR (she won't mind sleeping with her Parents )

- RC Love the hotel but the location is not ideal especially with a 3 YO. Their indoor pool has great views if weather permits (and they have a lovely outdoor jacuzzi).
- Upper house : hotel with small lobby. Food is OK Wonder why all the buzz about this one. I'll not pick up this hotel
- Pen location is great (for Kowloon side). The pool is nice with great view (assume child are allowed ?). I'll not pick up this hotel. For me this is more a tourist attraction than an hotel.
- FS GREAT outdoor pool. Your daughter will love it. They're usually kids Friendly
- Landmak MO: Rooms with no view. Limited food option (2 restaurants only ). Great SPA but relatively small indoor pool

My choice will be either the MO or the FS (mainly for their pool that your daughter will enjoy)
Also if you have a late flight or early arrival, MO is usually flexible if you book via FHR / virtuoso (last stay I had a 7 am check in and a 8 pm check out at no extra charge)

Another option but not as luxury is the IC for their outdoor pool (room facing the harbor are smaller than the city view rooms)

Enjoy your trip
Appreciate your input...I wanted to ad that we booked the MO city suite for this march (on our way to South Africa for a Safari). Taking our daughter too. They are indeed going to give us an early check in and presumably a late check out (our flight is at 11:30ish pm). Taking their airport transport likely was the big key for us.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Feb 14, 18, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Can someone tell me what the MO and FS is
Old Feb 14, 18, 11:35 am
Formerly known as cedricgerald

Originally Posted by mumum17 View Post
Appreciate your input...I wanted to ad that we booked the MO city suite for this march (on our way to South Africa for a Safari). Taking our daughter too. They are indeed going to give us an early check in and presumably a late check out (our flight is at 11:30ish pm). Taking their airport transport likely was the big key for us.
Yes their airport transfer will help and will have in room check in.
They have Tesla (in addition to MB) but didn't find it comfortable in the back. Suggest to stay with the S class
Also they have "meet & greet" at the airport where you're picked up by a buggy at the gate and they helped with your bags (but you still need to make the regular customs lane). Sometimes the MO charged extra for this service sometimes they don't but believe you do need to request it
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Feb 14, 18, 11:35 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by Edgerfly View Post
Can someone tell me what the MO and FS is
Mandarin Oriental and Four Seasons
Old Feb 14, 18, 12:05 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by mumum17 View Post
They are indeed going to give us an early check-in and presumably a late check out (our flight is at 11:30ish pm). Taking their airport transport likely was the big key for us.
Make sure to verify this ahead of time. I once had FS HK try to charge me for 3 nights on a 34-hour stay. Upper House is my choice for HK, but I'm not traveling with a small child.
Old Feb 14, 18, 12:16 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla View Post
Make sure to verify this ahead of time. I once had FS HK try to charge me for 3 nights on a 34-hour stay. Upper House is my choice for HK, but I'm not traveling with a small child.
In early check-in and/or late-checkout situations, the Peninsula shines with PEN Club which offers flexible check-in and check-out. Just need to make a PEN Club booking and let hotel know in advance your ETA and departure times. If you room is not ready at check-in, they will give you the use of another guest room until yours is ready.

Search this Thread