Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest Hotel in Marrakech

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:46 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
My wife and I ate tons of salads/fresh raw veggie dishes at Amanjena and all were delicious and fine. However, I got sick from the Japanese menu...toro got the best of me
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:46 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
I didn't even think about this in Marrakech and normally I'm pedantic (brush teeth with bottled water, try not to wet face in shower, etc.). I ate salads too.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
My wife and I ate tons of salads/fresh raw veggie dishes at Amanjena and all were delicious and fine. However, I got sick from the Japanese menu...toro got the best of me
I don't think Japanese food is a good idea in Marrakech. I would be careful of this in Paris, too! Raw fish needs careful handling.
bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:52 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I don't think Japanese food is a good idea in Marrakech. I would be careful of this in Paris, too! Raw fish needs careful handling.
Well, if I didn't think of this before I certainly do now! Took one for the team
vuittonsofstyle and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
In order for raw fish to be a good option for me, I would want it to be either locally caught (Like the Maldives) or a major airline hub,

But it does show exclusivity of the restaurant doesn’t guarantee anything. Perhaps it was turning bad on arrival, but also, they probably kept it longer than they should. When I was in Tokyo (albeit many years ago), supermarkets had to sell all their sushi/sashimi on that day, otherwise they pulled it from the shelves. Great sales in sushi within a half hour of the store closing as a result.
vuittonsofstyle and BESVISOR like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:13 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by beachfan
In order for raw fish to be a good option for me, I would want it to be either locally caught (Like the Maldives) or a major airline hub,

But it does show exclusivity of the restaurant doesn’t guarantee anything. Perhaps it was turning bad on arrival, but also, they probably kept it longer than they should. When I was in Tokyo (albeit many years ago), supermarkets had to sell all their sushi/sashimi on that day, otherwise they pulled it from the shelves. Great sales in sushi within a half hour of the store closing as a result.

I must admit that I was just hungry for sushi and didn't question much. My assumption at the time (false assumption in hindsight) was that the fish was flown in from Japan.
The chef did tell me the Toro was local, which I was a bit surprised but again, just went on with it. In all of my trips, I've never gotten ill from foods. Raised in China as a child, eating fantastic, yet, questionable street food and hotpot so I have every pro-bacteria imaginable! This was the first time. So I wasn't the most cautious customer at the time. But now, I go into the kitchen and oversee the chef's sourcing and cooking in person, just before I make them sign a waiver!

It was a shame as all other foods & beverages we've had at Jena was actually very very good!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I'll be at Amanjena from 14-16 September and Kasbah Tamadot 16-18 September so looking forward to it.
How did you find these ?
Keen to hear recent feedback on both properties, particularly the latter. Those berber tents with jacuzzi seem a goer ?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Nizar
How did you find these ?
Keen to hear recent feedback on both properties, particularly the latter. Those berber tents with jacuzzi seem a goer ?
Just returned from Marrakech and Amanjena. What a wonderful resort. From my large and airy pool villa to the onsite Moroccan restaurant to the lovely uncrowded grounds, the physical space had a palatial feel to it. Service was at the highest level, including frequent personal contact with GM, Nick Ilickovic, and his assistant to frequent tidying of the room to little touches that are rare and appreciated. For example, I had casually mentioned how much I enjoyed a glass of fresh peach juice in the bar my first night. On returning from my adventures the next afternoon, I found a carafe of peach juice in my villa's refrigerator. Small, but nontrivial gifts arrived nightly with turndown. Bed was comfortable, room controls intuitive, plumbing solid.

If I had to point to any areas that were suboptimal, I would say that technology (wifi, number/variety of plugs) could be more up-to-date. Also, an outside guide they found for me was nice enough and helped immensely with the language barrier for me (no Arabic, tiny amount of French), but was clearly in on the hustle at rug and local products shops in the medina. I'm a big boy and can fend off hard sell as well as anyone, but it would have been nice had the guide been less obviously working with the house. I did end up with huge and gorgeous rug, though I'm certain I overpaid...and anxiously await its arrival.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:53 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Nizar
How did you find these ?
Sorry for the late reply - never made it to Marrakech so ...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by mczlaw
Just returned from Marrakech and Amanjena. What a wonderful resort. From my large and airy pool villa to the onsite Moroccan restaurant to the lovely uncrowded grounds, the physical space had a palatial feel to it. Service was at the highest level, including frequent personal contact with GM, Nick Ilickovic, and his assistant to frequent tidying of the room to little touches that are rare and appreciated...
I can only second that. Stayed there 4 weeks ago with my 4 month old baby girl in tow having her first Aman stay. GM Nicolas and his assistant Petar (who recently was an apprentice to Sven at Zoe) are doing an excellent job, the property is stunning yet relaxing even if it is running at high capacity. A sublime haven, especially after returning from a Medina visit. Really enjoyed our Pavilion Piscine. Food was good to very good overall, the Morrocan restaurant a highlight. Nice a la carte and buffet breakfast next to the pool or the golf course followed by daily feeding the resort donkey which is well accommodated by the resort after a guest bought it for them. Service was on a high level with only very minor lapses on occasion. It is much harder work for management to get to and to maintain a high level of service performance in places like Morocco, Turks and Caicos, Greece, Montenegro etc. compared to the Asian properties where people are much more service oriented. Staff were so genuinely child friendly that it was a pleasure to watch how they all treated her with great care and love.

One evening, there was a large party with invited sales reps from selected travel agencies minggling with hotel guests (who were invited to attend) and four GM's from other Amans (Amangiri, Amanoi, Amankora and Amandari) who cooked signature dishes from their locales for the participants. Local belly dancers, camels and berber tents added to the lively yet appropriate tone and atmosphere...a nice change to the usual tranquility of the place.

Can only recommend to arrange for a VIP fast track with the hotel as it saves valuable time getting through immigration at RAK.

Overall, it was just another marvelous Aman stay (my 12th Aman property to stay at) and I did not find any signs of dilution to Aman's brand recognition and ethos. As mentioned, Nicolas and Petar both are on the spot. Wouldn't hesitate to go back in an instant. Bliss!

Last edited by ngfan; Oct 9, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by ngfan
As mentioned, Nicolas and Petar both are on the spot. Wouldn't hesitate to go back in an instant. Bliss!
Nicolas and Petar made our stay at Amanjena spectacular. Petar is still gaining his confidence but he is one of the best I've encountered recently at Amans in terms of engaging with guests, making sure they are attended to and following up on requests.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:49 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
I recently stayed at Kasbah Tamadot in the Berber Tent with jacuzzi. I absolutely loved this property my only niggle was some of the food wasn't quite to my taste.

You can read the review on my blog. Full disclosure this was a press trip.

Kasbah Tamadot: A Breathtaking Hotel in the Atlas Mountains - SilverSpoon London

Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by SilverSpoon
I recently stayed at Kasbah Tamadot in the Berber Tent with jacuzzi. I absolutely loved this property my only niggle was some of the food wasn't quite to my taste.

You can read the review on my blog. Full disclosure this was a press trip.

Kasbah Tamadot: A Breathtaking Hotel in the Atlas Mountains - SilverSpoon London
Hi, I've thought about this place and also the same room type but was a bit concerned of some reports that the jacuzzi wouldn't work or wouldn't heat up enough. What was your experience like with regards to this ?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:29 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Avios
Our jacuzzi was fine, I never even thought about it.
Nizar likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:31 am

Not only did FS Marrakech win numerous awards recently, they have also re-launched their Spa menu with some great additions. I am especially happy to now be able to have Thai massages in a dedicated treatment room. They have also brought back a second, organic ILA facial and other remedies and envelopments in true Moroccan tradition with ingredients sourced from all over the country. Very curious about further updates, especially larger private pools -- many projects in the works. M Avenue will open in the near future and bring more buzz to this area (it also sees the opening of an adjacent hotel branded by a soccer player, dubbed CR7).

Fifa recently did various meetings in Marrakech, the city also hosted Formula E (great!) and both events brought hordes of glitterati to Marrakech.

VD will undoubtedly be very happy that British actress turned bikini designer Liz Hurley, happily-divorced tinseltowner Justin Theroux and LVMH's fashion sensation Kim Jones patronized Jena, among others.

Meanwhile, Oberoi take their time opening The Oberoi Marrakech, which seems to want to welcome guests in October, with the resort standing finished for years now. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!
FlyerEC and vuittonsofstyle like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.