Nicest Hotel in Marrakech

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest Hotel in Marrakech

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:23 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Thanks for the update. Sucka you got sick. Sounds like the offering at Nama are more than when we were there. There was definitely no O toro....

the Maison Jardin looks ridiculous for a couple. How private did you find the pools? They face the central basin from what I recall... I was in the smaller pool villa which were nice but I thibk all in the same area.

agree on Nicholas. One of my favorite Aman GMs,,, well Since Mark Swinton left... he runs a tight ship at Amanjena and sounds like service has stayed quite good in spite of Astrid leaving and the strike.

previous transfers were via X5s and 7 series. The X5s were probably about 8 years old so time to be replaced. S class is a nice upgrade for sure.

Any progress on the villas or spa?

fdw
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:53 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Thanks for the update. Sucka you got sick. Sounds like the offering at Nama are more than when we were there. There was definitely no O toro....

the Maison Jardin looks ridiculous for a couple. How private did you find the pools? They face the central basin from what I recall... I was in the smaller pool villa which were nice but I thibk all in the same area.

agree on Nicholas. One of my favorite Aman GMs,,, well Since Mark Swinton left... he runs a tight ship at Amanjena and sounds like service has stayed quite good in spite of Astrid leaving and the strike.

previous transfers were via X5s and 7 series. The X5s were probably about 8 years old so time to be replaced. S class is a nice upgrade for sure.

Any progress on the villas or spa?

fdw
My pleasure!

Yeah, it wasn't fun but oh well, things happen during travels and I much prefer getting sick than something more irreversible, like an engine on the plane being problematic over the Atlantic

The Maison Jardin really did feel a bit ridiculous at times, haha. You're 100% right that it does face the central and separated by just bushes but we didn't have any privacy issues. Aside from staff sweeping in the mornings, no one really passed by on the other side or at least that we were aware of.

Service really was top notch and Harry (our Instagram friend) even told me this is one of his favorite Amans and that he thinks Nicolas is the smartest GM at Aman, lol!
If I recall correctly, I think Astrid had worked for Nicolas at some point, maybe Summer Palace? But Nicolas thinks very highly of Astrid and Amansara, as many do here.

Yes, the S was brand new and much appreciated!

I didn't get to tour the Villas. I was actually offered a complimentary spa treatment but I declined as I was still recovering from being ill and just wasn't in the mood.

Still, great stay overall!

Excited about returning to Aman Tokyo and first visit of Amanfayun next week, though High hopes for Fayun.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:08 pm

Is there a big difference between the Mandarin pool villas and the Oriental pool villas at MO Marrakech? I’m also a bit surprised that the infinity pool suites are more expensive despite offering a more classic layout and nothing really better than the villas. Thanks for your advice.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:08 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Thanks for the review and great photos @BESVISOR - maybe all couple bookings should be 2-bedroom from now, just incase of any conflicts mid-way through the stay/night. FEARLESS!

I'll be at Amanjena from 14-16 September and Kasbah Tamadot 16-18 September so looking forward to it.
ngfan and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:10 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Is there a big difference between the Mandarin pool villas and the Oriental pool villas at MO Marrakech? I’m also a bit surprised that the infinity pool suites are more expensive despite offering a more classic layout and nothing really better than the villas. Thanks for your advice.
We also stayed at the MO Villa and while the hard product looked really impressive at first glance, it started to crack soon as we (I) started to examine the details...The pool was a bit dirty and just enough to make me hesitate to jump in. The sofa looked inviting but on closer look, it had stains. The outdoor terrace looks gorgeous but there were bird droppings everywhere and most importantly there were planes flying above us and very annoying. The service was actually very good at M.O. Food, not so much!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Haven't been since sometime between '10 and '12 (don't remember exactly), but the Amanjena was easily the best.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:42 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Well, I tested the Royal Monsour by sending yesterday a general email inquiry to confirm they could guarantee even a daytime temp of 19 C in their riads. I had a quick reply this morning confirming that the riads could maintain 19 C even during the heat of the day.

I’m sold. Looks like the Royal Monsour will be our choice. Between having confirmed and guaranteed air con to 19 C, the most incredible and yet traditional hard product in town, the best food/beverage in town, and its more Medina adjacent location, and having an excellent service reputation (reinforced by such a prompt general email response), it really checks all the boxes for us.
BESVISOR likes this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jul 6, 2018 at 9:48 am
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I'll be at Amanjena from 14-16 September ...
Nice! Will be there from 10-15 September
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:57 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
I'll be at Amanjena from 14-16 September and Kasbah Tamadot 16-18 September so looking forward to it.
Sounds like a nice trip!

Since @BESVISOR got sick while there and couldn't head over to test the air con at Royal Monsour for me, perhaps you might get a chance? Pretty please? I have to confirm their riads can maintain 19 C like they claim.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by ngfan
Nice! Will be there from 10-15 September
Nice! Will be there in late July

Edit: No I won't. The Embassy wants 3-6 months to issue a visa to my Partner. FFS.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Jul 12, 2018 at 3:22 am
Old Jul 14, 2018, 2:45 am

Anyone in Marrakech in August?

Have heard that The Oberoi Marrakech might open after all, but 2019 at best. Let's see if it will become a ruin or things are moving ahead finally...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:29 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Sounds like a nice trip!

Since @BESVISOR got sick while there and couldn't head over to test the air con at Royal Monsour for me, perhaps you might get a chance? Pretty please? I have to confirm their riads can maintain 19 C like they claim.
what time of year are you going? I’m guessing that that would make a difference in terms of AC keeping up. We were there in February and I have no doubt that suitable temps for you are achieveable then...

fdw
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by scented
Anyone in Marrakech in August?

Have heard that The Oberoi Marrakech might open after all, but 2019 at best. Let's see if it will become a ruin or things are moving ahead finally...
Me for a long week-end mid-August. I chose MO over Amanjena mainly because I wanted to try a place where I had not already stayed with Pierre.
scented likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:56 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
what time of year are you going? I’m guessing that that would make a difference in terms of AC keeping up. We were there in February and I have no doubt that suitable temps for you are achieveable then...

fdw
We most likely would consider April/May or Sept/Oct.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:42 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin

We most likely would consider April/May or Sept/Oct.
Marrakesh weather this year is strange... in early May at Amanjena we lit the fireplace everyday and spent our days inside with heating on because it was to cold and uncomfortable to be outside...
Even now, temperatures are below 40 during daytime and below 20 at night.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.