Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Nicest Hotel in Marrakech

Nicest Hotel in Marrakech

Old Jan 27, 19, 2:33 pm

Itís certainly not going to be as lavish as , eg, the Royal Mansour, but to this day Dar Ayniwen is one of my favorite small hotel stays. The property has a tremendous laid back vibe, excellent food, great shuttle to the city, etc.

I had for a long time wanted to visit and stay at La Mamounia (mostly for historical reasons) but Iím so happy they were sold out as I have little doubt Day ayniwen was an upgrade.

on the same trip Istayed at Kasbah Tamadot and thought the natural setting was breathtaking. Food OK. Definitely an experience worth having.
Old Jan 27, 19, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Lebron2323 View Post
I had for a long time wanted to visit and stay at La Mamounia (mostly for historical reasons) but I’m so happy they were sold out as I have little doubt Day ayniwen was an upgrade.

on the same trip Istayed at Kasbah Tamadot and thought the natural setting was breathtaking. Food OK. Definitely an experience worth having.
Finding a better experience than La Mamounia is not hard frankly, except maybe if you're a gambler. Had not yet heard of Dar Ayniwen.

Kasbah Tamadot is a great lunch stop when you are doing a tour through the Atlas Mountains (preferably in a Range Rover to ease the bumps), yet I couldn't bring myself to stay there. I saw a few rooms and suites (including the famed Master Suite with the tower) and while they all had great views and a rustic chic to them, I never felt I lost that dusty smell. Maybe it didn't help we came across one too many ponds in which the water circulation wasn't really adequate or the horribly chlorinated indoor pool or the rude Spa receptionists.

Most of the rooms at Kasbah Tamadot have good bones -- bautiful zellij-tiled floors, intricate wood carvings, berber rugs and interesting choices of Ouarzazate marble but the whole look is a bit cheapened by cheap split A/C units on the walls and odd choices of furniture. They also try to minimize costs in many ways, which doesn't really fit the vibe. There are some interesting antique pieces all around by former owner Luciano Tempo, though frankly creates an odd vibe, which seems attractive to a few (including Madonna). Their interior designer seems to have a fractious relationship with colors, velvet and plaster.

By the way, I just heard that the buy out rate is officially around 40k USD, though realistically can be had (and was negotiated) a bit lower than that.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.