Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Latest On Renovations at Ritz Carlton Kapalua, Maui?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2007, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, HH Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis First

We are interested in staying at this property next year. Does anyone have an update on how the renovations are progressing?
Old Oct 14, 2007, 8:01 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum
I stopped by last week while visiting Maui. Lots of construction activity going on. Bulldozers everywhere, ground ripped up around the pool, all the balconies looked like they were putting new sliding doors in (or something like that). To my untrained eye, they've got a lot of work left to do, if for no other reason than all of the landscaping and pool repair they are going to have to do. Seriously, there was a ton of heavy equipment all over the place. I did not see anyone to ask about the status of the overall project. I took a few pictures that I'd be happy to share but I just got back from Maui so I haven't uploaded them yet.

I'm sure it's going to be great when they finish. I was told that there had been a lot of rain in the last few weeks, so I hope this has not sidetracked the project.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I also stopped by there a couple of weeks ago and we saw that the rooms had no sliders and inside the rooms were pitch black. It looked like that had just begun to start this project.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 4:00 pm

Bumper

Is anyone there for the Mercedes Benz Championship? How does the resort look these days, with renovations at the Ritz Carlton at or near completion? How is the construction at the site of the former Kapalua Bay?

We are looking at a late May stay in the Kapalua Villas.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wulicny
We are looking at a late May stay in the Kapalua Villas.
you mean the 1/2BR residential suites?
http://www.livingkapalua.com/floorplans.html

or are they also renting any of the 2/3BR fractionals or 3/4BR residences?
http://www.ritzcarltonclub.com/image...floorplans.asp

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 6, 2008 at 4:18 pm
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:53 pm

Actually, we will be staying in the Kapalua Villas, not on the Ritz Carlton property. However, with one rental option I am considering, we will have priveleges at the Ritz - hence my curiousity as to the construction and progress not just at the Ritz, but at Kapalua in general.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I'll be participating in a WebEx on this property tomorrow. If anyone has any specific questions they'd like me to ask of the Sales Manager, shoot them my way.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, HH Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis First
I believe the Ritz Kapalua has reopened. Any reviews? Has anyone stayed there yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.