MO Singapore - Quick review

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MO Singapore - Quick review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Fliar
please, no shouting. Let's keep this friendly.
I just wanted him to hear me when I reiterated.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:59 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by hairpeace
I have to confess I found your original post obscure as well.

I assumed, that you had inadvertantly posted a Trip Advisor link to the 10th most popular hotel (according to TA) Raffles, instead of the MO.

Raffles is Colonial Disneyland, with its mass of shops and tourists being charged £10 for a sweet drink and free glass. If by best you mean most expensive, then you're probably right. If by best, you actually mean best then IMO you're wrong, but the debate to what is the best will rage on for a while yet.

As for shouting to make us hear, if you are a regular traveller you should know that simply raising your voice and shouting the same message will not mean you get understood any easier - use the correct language, be polite, smile and speak more clearly and you'll find people will understand
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by hairpeace

I will join KN QC in observing that your posts sometimes need a bit of tone-adjustment. Calling the pre-shouting one in this thread "obscure" is quite charitable. Your post over the weekend in this thread also left a bit to be desired. Contributions are welcome. Unhelpful or worse comments are not, IMO.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:31 pm

MOsin only has one good thing going for it nowdays ......that is the mortons bar...and that is ........only just .....and thats cos of the yummy steak sandwiches that are served to accompany the cocktails ...if that is still hapening.......nice Jap and Chinese restaurants. BUT the rest of the hotel is pretty mucha let down. ..and i attribute much of that to the architecture of the hotel in the first place...the dated and almost oppresive atrium is a big minus......as is the entrance and lobby area..and the reception which is unfriendly and seem cramp esp when you have groups ..which was prevalent when i ws last there.. and with them jostling for the congested lift lobby area to get a good shot of the atrium ...it can be very frustrating and confusing......recent renovations has made it more ...."moody" and "sultry" ....but IMO lacks the drama of the original interiors ......the renovated rooms are ok and has pretty good vews if you are on the harbour front side.....pool area is dismal

the only good thing is that is does have attractive rates compared to the ritz carlton which a short walk away......not to mention availability during peak spore seasons...which is like...most of the time nowadays...but the MOsin seem to always have rooms!!!

not a first choice hotel or for that matter a 3rd choice.......OH and the service is very mediocre......througout.

the pool is just not up to otthe standards of a deluxe hotel......all activities in the fairly new spa - charges apply for some reason t he landscaping around the pool seem to have been forgotten by the renovations.....

Last edited by bearbrick; Sep 4, 2007 at 12:37 pm
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:18 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
OK, just checked out of the hotel.. The longer I stayed the more dissappointed I become om this property.. More thoughts:
(1) housekeeping uses the housekeeling cart (like you would find at the Sheraton). Surprising I have yet to see that at a 5* property.
(2) There apparently was a convention downstairs and it was incredibly crowded. Felt like a convention hotel.
(3) Wireless interent access is incredibily slow and I am constantly disconnected.

Anyways, I wrote a note to the GM documenting the issues so far.

Off now to my favorite MO: Landmark in HKG.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 12:17 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I have posted elsewhere that I was very disappointed with aspects of this supposedly first rate hotel after 3 stays within one month. The clincher for me was the brush-off response I got from the manager after I took the trouble to fill in a post stay questionnaire. Basically if the manager's attitude is "when guests complain just ignore it" it's not surprising the service levels are unacceptable.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Color me as one who is a fan of the MO SIN. Yes it isn't as good as BKK or HKG, but it doesn't cost nearly as much either. I love the club and I always get great service there. And as others have said, the clincher is the 8pm (or in my case, usually 9:30pm) checkout.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:12 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by ACfly
Just checked into the MO Singapore tonight, and having stayed at various MO properties this is probably the worst of the MO property so far.
Have you stayed at the one in Jakarta ?
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:19 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Braniff
Have you stayed at the one in Jakarta ?
No, I have only been to the MO's in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Hong kong Landmark, bangkok, Chang Mai, london, Singapore, Miami, New York, Geneva, SF, Honolulu and Munich.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 7:26 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by ACfly
No, I have only been to the MO's in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Hong kong Landmark, bangkok, Chang Mai, london, Singapore, Miami, New York, Geneva, SF, Honolulu and Munich.
This was several years ago but Jakarta was my absolute worst experience with them. Dingy is the one word adjective that pretty much covers everything there...
Old Sep 26, 2007, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Name Change - Welcome the Mandarin Oriental Singapore

It's no longer the "Oriental". I guess they got over the fact that right behind them is the Mandarin Marina hotel. I wonder how long it will take for the taxi drivers to catch on?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Im considering the MO in SIN due to the Centurion benefits and the existence of what appears to be a good club level.

1.) Has anyone stayed recently and seen an improvement in the service?

2.) Can someone compare the RC Club with the MO Club? (If anyone could also throw the FS Club into the mix of this comparison; that would be great too.)

Thanks!
DR
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

stimpy and luxury did rankings IIRC
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
stimpy and luxury did rankings IIRC
Thanks Kage, I'll do a search on that aspect and see what I come up with. Ill edit this post if I find it. Found it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...singapore.html. Nice comparison from Lux in there.

It sounds like the MO might be the way to go for a two night stay as I would get a Club City Room for an effective rate of 190SGD (roughly $130 US) per night plus all other Centurion benefits. RC Club is up around $350/night and the FS lowest category starts around $275US.

That being said, any thoughts regarding the two questions above would be appreciated.

Last edited by DrivingRain; Jun 20, 2009 at 1:18 pm Reason: Found the links via search
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, if you do a search you will find a lot. My quick take is the MO and RC are sort of equal, but each has its unique strengths. The FS was way, way down the list, but I expect it has improved with renovations, etc., since I last stayed 2 or 3 years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.