Low Season FS George V?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Low Season FS George V?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2007, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
Low Season FS George V?

I love the FS George V, but ugh, the room rates, they are a killer. Any one know of when they are off season or if these are FS travel agents who get rate reductions?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i believe someone said in AMEX forum they got an FHR discount of 100 euros.
(AMEX plat costs $450/yr)
(standard FHR benefits = breakfast & late checkout, FSGV amenity = $100 spa credit)

low season rates are indicated on the FS website.

AFAIK FS "preferred agents" or whatever it is (like davido) never get "discounts" but rather benefits/upgrades/etc. (sometimes better than usual Virtuoso/FHR)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 24, 2007 at 1:14 am
Old Aug 17, 2007, 10:58 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by UA1kMFR
I love the FS George V, but ugh, the room rates, they are a killer. Any one know of when they are off season or if these are FS travel agents who get rate reductions?

We stayed at the George V the November after 9/11. While I would never wish that on the world again, we paid somewhere around $400 US for a double upgraded, close to $1000 US room (this in 2001 dollars). Certainly the extreme of "off season" and not practical for usual traveling, but worth keeping in mind. I think fondly of it still and rent apartment in Paris when we go now!
Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:07 pm

As Kagehitokiri pointed out, its usually a $100 off with the FHR rate. I know corporate rates there are amazing (~400E), but unfortuneatly I don't quality .

How was ^ ^ though.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:16 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
David O might be able to get you a reduced rate and some freebies. Great guy, you should talk with him.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
I am not sure if the George V needs a low season rate it is busy all the time, and as a Four Seasons property I doubt if they discount. Last time I was there 2 years ago no discount, but the service was wonderful. You need to pay for the view, location, and service I guess.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Continental breakfast in La Galerie Restaurant or via Room Service
Complimentary home made chocolate and nougat with Evian Water
Special Virtuoso rates (exclusive to Virtuoso)

hmm, maybe Virtuoso gets a discount just like FHR?

presuming the FHR discount at FSGV is a $100 off the base room, thats ~10%.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 21, 2007 at 9:05 am
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:51 am

On a side note have you tried the newly renovated and reopened Le Grand Hotel Inter-Continental...it is a wonderful property with an outstanding club room for much less money. The value per Euro on this one is outstanding. I cannot commend this property enough.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Virtuoso benefits @ IC >

-Automatic upgrade from Classic to Superior room
-Upgrade to next room category upon arrival, subject to availability: from Executive to Deluxe Opéra View, from Deluxe Opéra View to Junior Suite and from Junior Suite to Prestige Suite
-Guaranteed free access to the private Club Lounge with complimentary use of all its services: (normal supplement is 120 EUR per night) >

--- Private check-in/check-out

--- Personalized welcome

--- Complimentary buffet breakfast in the private dining room of Club Lounge

--- Complimentary finger food, fruit and soft drinks at lunch time

--- Complimentary afternoon tea, pastries and fruit

--- Complimentary evening cocktail hour with Champagne, wines & liquor, soft drinks and canapes 

--- Priority reservation for. small private meeting room in Club Loung (4-5 people), -Exclusive views of the Garnier Opera rooftop

--- Complimentary access to computer, printer, scanner. and high speed internet access 

-VIP welcome amenities and letter
-Late check-out to 4pm, subject to availability
-25% discount on rack rates for Suites upon availability

(http://hotels.dinersclubus.com/europe.htm)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 2, 2008 at 6:53 pm
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:02 am

I totally agree the two are not even comparable, but still a luxury property with fabulous benefits. THe food at the club level is outstanding. The virtuouso benefits for this property sound amazing. The Georgetown RC will be my first Viruoso stay -- DavidO has been outstanding. However, I am getting nervous because it has been 3 days since I emailed the property to book spa appointment, and I have left 2 vm's with no reply. Back to the topic the Le Grand Hotel offers a trenendous value for those who truly want the GEORGE V luxury -- I'm afraid you'll probably have to shell out the money for it.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:14 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
hmm, maybe Virtuoso gets a discount just like FHR?
Yes... FSGV gets Virtuoso very well.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ABG
Yes... FSGV gets Virtuoso very well.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 7:01 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
"gets" the concept of the network
Old Aug 23, 2007, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

gotcha - sorry.

what is the discount? or does it vary?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:44 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
InterContinental Le Grand is a good value and in a great location (opposite the Opera). The free Club access (at BAR) as a Virtuoso amenity is a great selling feature. The standard rooms, though, tend to be quite small (by American standards). You really need to get to a Jr. Suite level of room at the Le Grand to get the room size you'd normally associate with a Deluxe room.

Another possibility is the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome which has great Virtuoso pricing which I have found in the past to be far better than anything you can book even on the hotel's own site. It's a hotel with a typical Park Hyatt "contemporary" feel, rain shower baths, in a classic French building. Location is great, right on the Place Vendome, between the Ritz and Le Meurice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.