Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:40 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Also, below are some pics from the Aman Tokyo. We visited and met with the Director of Sales & Marketing for Aman Japan and also met the GM. (as previously mentioned, we had met the Director of Sales at an event in NYC a few weeks ago, along with many Aman GMs from all over the world, including some GMs from our past Aman stays). They, of course, were wondering why we didn’t stay with them in Tokyo, but our agent has a great relationship with MO Tokyo and we decided to stay there instead. Very happy with our choice at MO. They took great care of us. But we had planned to meet the Aman Director of Sales & Marketing while we were in Tokyo and below are some pics. He showed us the "Suite" category, which is 1517 sq ft (141 sq meters). Both hotels are generally in the same area and the Aman is a stunning design. These two hotel properties would be my choice when staying in Tokyo.

Aman: "Suite" category:

Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
And some pics from the Aman Tokyo property itself:

Lobby

Pool

Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm glad you didn't give that Aman Tokyo GM your business. She talks a good game at those meet and greets but she has no sense of customer service and satisfaction.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the pics. But the base room is already so huge that I don't really see the merit in paying more for a suite.

Any future stays at the Aman Tokyo will be 100% for the hard product.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Thanks for the pics. But the base room is already so huge that I don't really see the merit in paying more for a suite.

Any future stays at the Aman Tokyo will be 100% for the hard product.
Correct, their entry level room is the largest in Tokyo. Still nice to have the extra space, especially on a long stay (depending on price, of course)
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:33 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Nice pics!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:01 am

Does anyone know if there are Nespresso makers (or some such) and tea making in the suites at the Aman?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Mickidon
Does anyone know if there are Nespresso makers (or some such) and tea making in the suites at the Aman?
They certainly do. In Tokyo ALL hotels have coffee/tea making facilities in room, and in high end hotels Nespresso or similar machines are common. At Aman, you do not ever have to worry about something like that, because you have only to ask if you need something and they’ll take care of you.

I tend never to use in room coffee makers, because A) I prefer proper coffee from room service or in restaurant, and B) I get weird about cleanliness of things like that. I would certainly hope that any good hotel’s housekeeping department keeps everything clean, but one never knows.
vuittonsofstyle and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:17 pm

Anyone know the email for the concierge at the Shangri-La?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by lazard
Anyone know the email for the concierge at the Shangri-La?
[email protected]
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:27 pm

Press release on upcoming Bvlgari hotel in Ginza:

2022: MITSUI FUDOSAN | Corporate Information | News Release

Last edited by RichardInSF; Apr 28, 2018 at 4:41 pm Reason: explain what the link led to
Old May 16, 2018, 8:07 am

Hi All,

So we ended up booking the RC twice on our upcoming trip in November, and I had emailed about making dining reservations for the first leg of our stay. One of the reservations I was most hoping to secure was Den. I received this email back from the concierge this morning:

"Good afternoon from concierge.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
As for Den, they do not take reservations from hotels. Please kindly confirm it by yourself from the website below:
DEN"

To be fair, according to Den's reservation page:
"Reservations ara accepted from 12pm to 5pm from Monday to Saturday.
Reservations can be made up to 2 months in advance. For example, if you would like to make a reservation for 15th March, please contact us from 15th January onwards.
We take reservations for parties up to 4 people.
※We do not take reservations from a third party.
※We do not take online reservations.
Please call +81-3-6455-5433 for reservations."

I was assuming (clearly incorrectly), that the RC would have a little pull or that they would chose to make the reservations for their hotel guests anyway. Am I on my own attempting to call here or should I try again/is there another party I can speak with? This seems to be the general concierge line.

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2018, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by jmj10
Hi All,

So we ended up booking the RC twice on our upcoming trip in November, and I had emailed about making dining reservations for the first leg of our stay. One of the reservations I was most hoping to secure was Den. I received this email back from the concierge this morning:

"Good afternoon from concierge.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
As for Den, they do not take reservations from hotels. Please kindly confirm it by yourself from the website below:
DEN"

To be fair, according to Den's reservation page:
"Reservations ara accepted from 12pm to 5pm from Monday to Saturday.
Reservations can be made up to 2 months in advance. For example, if you would like to make a reservation for 15th March, please contact us from 15th January onwards.
We take reservations for parties up to 4 people.
※We do not take reservations from a third party.
※We do not take online reservations.
Please call +81-3-6455-5433 for reservations."

I was assuming (clearly incorrectly), that the RC would have a little pull or that they would chose to make the reservations for their hotel guests anyway. Am I on my own attempting to call here or should I try again/is there another party I can speak with? This seems to be the general concierge line.

Thanks!
I booked Den last year over email (not sure if that's allowed anymore based on their website). The chef's wife said they don't take reservations from hotels--all credit card information was handled over email.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by op487062
I booked Den last year over email (not sure if that's allowed anymore based on their website). The chef's wife said they don't take reservations from hotels--all credit card information was handled over email.
Thanks so much! I just wanted to double check and plan ahead correctly. They do still have an email - I may email and call, and see if that's at all helpful.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:50 pm

In recent years, has FHR had any 4th night free offers in Tokyo that are valid for a late-March stay? i've used these offers in the past but not at that time of year; am worried that perhaps such offers usually end prior to cherry blossom season (of which I'd be catching the very beginning). I'd greatly appreciate any historical anecdotes. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.