Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Can anyone provide me with the email for the Palace Hotel's concierge? Thank you.
Old May 18, 2018, 2:09 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by 747FC
Can anyone provide me with the email for the Palace Hotel's concierge? Thank you.
PM'ed you.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The Prince Park Tokyo - Garden Suite

I am a newly minted Platinum in Prince Hotel's loyalty program. I had a voucher for a free night, so I went to talk with them about how I could use it over Golden Week for a room for three people. The voucher was only good for a standard room, but there were none available for the night I wanted, so they graciously offered the option to use it for one of the Garden Suites on the second floor.

The Garden Suite was a very nice half Western/half Japanese suite.

The Western Bedroom was very bright and cheerful, with a huge window overlooking the trees of the neighboring park:

In contrast, the Japanese room was more understated, with an enclosed view to enjoy the tranquility:

The beds are certainly more comfortable than the futon, but I enjoyed lounging on the futon with this view:

The area between the two rooms includes a kitchen area with a Nespresso machine, and a bathroom with a nice jacuzzi.

None of the great views of the city that you'll find from the higher floors, but the room itself was a huge improvement over a standard room, and I would take such a trade again if offered in a heartbeat.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:52 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Decision for a July visit:

Deluxe Room at Aman Tokyo or Andaz Suite....have been to both but haven't stayed in the Andaz Suite which looks nice...price will end up being close enough to not matter...

While I love Aman Tokyo's hard product, I actually like Andaz's as well....I like Andaz's rooms better than RC, Pen or MO...which feels bit too dated. Even the renovated rooms/style still feels dated (but personal/subjective view).

I don't find service to be great at either property so it's a wash...although, have heard Aman is getting better and better...MO concierge is still probably best in the city, though.

Welcome any thoughts
Old May 21, 2018, 5:55 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Decision for a July visit:

Deluxe Room at Aman Tokyo or Andaz Suite....have been to both but haven't stayed in the Andaz Suite which looks nice...price will end up being close enough to not matter...

While I love Aman Tokyo's hard product, I actually like Andaz's as well....I like Andaz's rooms better than RC, Pen or MO...which feels bit too dated. Even the renovated rooms/style still feels dated (but personal/subjective view).

I don't find service to be great at either property so it's a wash...although, have heard Aman is getting better and better...MO concierge is still probably best in the city, though.

Welcome any thoughts
Perhaps look into a suite at the Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho and compare. The hard product is as good if not better than Aman. Comparably amazing views. English language may be an issue from time to time, but then it was for us at the Aman too. Once language overcome, service at Prince Galler was outstanding. Breakfast buffet at Prince is amazing. Japanese menu outstanding for dinner. Western menu for dinner was just OK but food was outstanding. Concierge team was incredible—got us bookings at Yoshitake, Narisawa, and Sawada without any issue at all. Great hotel bar/lounge, too. Air con was superb once I asked them to fix it.

We toured rooms, suites, and public spaces at Aman, MO, Pen, and FS in Tokyo. We’d stay at the Prince Gallery Kioicho again in a heartbeat, though we did also love the Aman. The MO rooms/suites are so very tired and the rooms reminded me of the MO SF—which is why it reflagged to to a Loews. The Pen looked even more tired and dated, even in the pubic spaces. The FS looked like a sad and dated version of a tiny Park Hyatt.

My Expert Review and perhaps overall Japan TR (Prince Gallery Tokyo, Suiran Kyoto, RC Kyoto, StR Osaka) to come. We also checked out FS Kyoto, Hoshinoya Kyoto, RC Osaka, Conrad Osaka, and IC Osaka.
BESVISOR likes this.

Last edited by bhrubin; May 21, 2018 at 6:03 pm
Old May 21, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Wanted to touch base on my car / limo experience at the Peninsula hotel - it was great. I took the service multiple times to Ginza. Yes it would have been faster to travel by subway, but it was a nice change of pace when going out for dinner.

That being said, would I choose my hotel location based on the car limo service - heck no. As work is walking distance around Tokyo station, that is why I choose hotels like the Peninsula and the Four Seasons
Old May 23, 2018, 1:24 am

This will be slightly off-topic, but we are heading to Tokyo next month for our honeymoon and we'll be staying at the Conrad hotel as we loved it on our previous trip to Tokyo. We are starting to plan out some great meals while we are in Tokyo and we always plan on going to a great steak house on our trips as we love a good steak. Our best meal ever to this day is still the Dry-Aged 35 Rib-Eye steak at Hawksmoor Guildhall in London. Do you have any recommendations on where to get the best steak in Tokyo?

When searching online every recommendation seems to be based on Kobe/Wagyu and personally I find Kobe/Wagyu to be overpriced for what it is. I had Wagyu before, it might not have been the best place for it as it was at the restaurant Butchery and Wine in Warsaw, Poland but it was nothing special, nothing special at all. The dry-aged rib-eye from Hawksmoor was leaps and beyond better than what they served. Wagyu is much tender and melts in your mouth, but a nice dry-aged rib-eye seems to have more flavour and considering you would normally get 35+ dry-aged rib-eye for half the price per oz compared to Kobe/Waygu or even less its hard to really justify the latter.

Should I still give Kobe a try in Tokyo? And what restaurant would be the best option for some really good steak?
Old May 23, 2018, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I am no connoisseur, but I think that you would enjoy The Oak Door at Grand Hyatt Tokyo.
Old May 23, 2018, 5:54 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Shima - steak was delicious and take home sandwiches were a nice touch.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:13 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ray1022
Shima - steak was delicious and take home sandwiches were a nice touch.
I’d second that.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:31 am
formerly htang333

Currently booked at Aman Tokyo for 5 nights in July but came across this place and thinking of staying for a night or 2 prior to Aman...anyone been to it?

https://hoshinoya.com/tokyo/en/
Old May 24, 2018, 9:31 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Currently booked at Aman Tokyo for 5 nights in July but came across this place and thinking of staying for a night or 2 prior to Aman...anyone been to it?

https://hoshinoya.com/tokyo/en/
You might start by doing a search for "Hoshinoya" in this thread.

This thread is over 10 years old, so it is way long. I am closing it and starting a new thread here:

Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel
MattEvan likes this.

Last edited by RichardInSF; May 25, 2018 at 6:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.