Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bulgari Hotel Bali - any new reviews?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:46 am
Original Poster

BVLGARI (Bulgari) in BALI

I am going to Bali in a few weeks and am wondering if anyone knows when this resort will open. A friend of mine who was driving by last month said it's not yet opened.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
I heard towards summer 06
Old Jan 13, 2006, 4:29 am

Is it going to be any good?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by dh01
I heard towards summer 06
7/1/06
Old Jan 13, 2006, 9:11 pm

Programs: Kris Flyer - Silver
BVLGARI and Marriott

It'll be managed together with Marriott, eh, Socrates?
Old Jan 14, 2006, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevinwijatno
It'll be managed together with Marriott, eh, Socrates?
It's a partnership between Ritz-Carlton and Bvlgari

BTW: There is also a Renaissance Resort opening this year too
Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI from the press release section of the web site

he Bulgari Resort, Bali, a secluded “all villa” cliffside retreat, will welcome guests in Spring 2006. Set on a 150-meter high plateau overlooking the Indian Ocean, the 59-villa resort is the second property by Bulgari Hotels & Resorts, following the successful 2004 opening of the Bulgari Hotel, Milano. Designed by architects Antonio Citterio & Partners, the Bulgari Resort, Bali is located on the southern tip of the Jimbaran Peninsula, close to the Temple of Uluwatu: an exclusive and intimate setting for guests seeking the ultimate in privacy and luxury. The resort will reflect the traditional Balinese architecture combined with a sophisticated contemporary design, using indigenous stones, native wood finishes and refined craft-made fabrics exclusively created for the Bulgari Resort. The 59 individual villas, freestanding and private, will include an open-air pavilion, terrace and private plunge pool, enjoying spectacular ocean views. The villas, decorated with Balinese antique pieces of art, will offer state of the art technological features. The resort will also include 3 two-bedroom villas of 500 square meters each and the 1300 square meters Bulgari Villa. Reachable by a private access, this will boast two master bedrooms, a large living area with built-in bar, an oversized dining room and a home theatre. An outdoor meditation pavilion, a large lap pool and an extensive terrace complete its unique layout. The oceanfront Spa embraces all of the elements of Balinese tradition. The main pavilion is an antique, hand-carved joglo house from the island of Java, which was dismantled, relocated, then authentically recreated at the Bulgari Resort, Bali. A complete selection of healing and beauty treatments will be provided by an expert staff of professionals. The Spa offers a swimming pool, open air relaxation lounge area, yoga pavilion, hot and cold plunge pools and two private Spa Suites, complete with outdoor garden. Enjoying breathtaking ocean views, a large swimming pool joins an extensive ornamental lake, where the bar, the lounge and the resorts' two restaurants are located. Characterized by an informal ambience, the all day dining restaurant combines authentic Balinese dishes - enriched by various regional influences from the Indonesian archipelago - with a selection of international specialties. The Italian restaurant, open for dinner only, will serve a contemporary interpretation of classical Italian cuisine in a suggestive and formal atmosphere. Andrew Skinner, among the greatest experts in the Asian culinary tradition, will be Executive Chef at the Bulgari Resort in Bali. A pristine private beach, suitable for long walks along the oceanfront and featuring a Beach Club, will be reached via a funicular. Under the direction of General Manager Robert Lagerwey, the Bulgari Resort, Bali will be managed by Bulgari Hotels & Resorts, the joint venture between Bulgari and Marriott International. Rates at the Bulgari Resort in Bali will start at USD 1100.00 per night. Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali Jalan Goa Lampeh Banjar Dinas Kangin Uluwatu Bali 80364 Indonesia [email protected] Web site: www.bulgarihotels.com Reservations: Australia 1800 006 484 0011 800 6285 4274 (IDD access) Austria 0800 291 867 Belgium 0800 807 78 Northern China 10 800 650 0369 Southern China 10 800 265 0376 North/South China 00 800 6285 4274 (IDD access) France 0800 970 099 Germany 0800 891 1128 Hong Kong 800 964 962 001 800 6285 4274 (IDD access) Location Located near Uluwatu, on the southern tip of the Jimbaran Peninsula, the Bulgari Resort is uniquely set on a secluded plateau dropping straight to the Indian Ocean. Ngurah Rai International Airport (Denpasar) is a 30-minute drive from the resort. Opening Date Spring 2006 Overview 60 ocean view villas including three 2-bedroom villas and 1 Bulgari Villa Architect Antonio Citterio & Partners Interior Design Antonio Citterio & Partners Hotel Facilities Spa and fitness club Bar Indonesian restaurant Italian restaurant Function room up to 80 persons for dinner Boardroom Business centre Swimming pool Private beach Bulgari store Balinese arts and crafts store Executive Chef Andrew Skinner General Manager Rober Lagerwey Bulgari Corporate Press Office Chiara Albanese Tel: 39 (06) 68810 755 Fax: 39 (06) 68810 360 [email protected]
Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Ugh, I'll miss it by a month. Oh well, guess we'll just have to find a way to get back to Bali!

Mike
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
Ugh, I'll miss it by a month. Oh well, guess we'll just have to find a way to get back to Bali!

Mike
Are you saying this based upon the 7/1 date? If so that is the first date inventory is available in the reservation system but typically a soft opening occurs well before this date (this is to allow for construction issues that might arise)...might be worth a phone call to find out the "soft" opening date
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Thanks for the note, Socrates.

I was about to do so and noticed that it starts at $1,100. A little out of our price range.

Besides, you may not want to work so hard to be helpful. We are currently booked at the Ritz.

Mike
Old Jan 23, 2006, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
Besides, you may not want to work so hard to be helpful. We are currently booked at the Ritz.

Mike
Just different pockets in the same pair of pants
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Official grand opening is now September 24th. They say that there will be no soft opening...

Have booked a stay there in November. Hope all the small kinks would have been worked out by then..
Old Jul 24, 2006, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tfung
Official grand opening is now September 24th. They say that there will be no soft opening...

Have booked a stay there in November. Hope all the small kinks would have been worked out by then..

Hope to be there to celebrate my birthday in December!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 4:24 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
On my way to Amankila from Nusa Dua I stopped by the Bulgari last week to take a tour of the resort's facilities. I was welcomed by a young Italian manager at the lobby who used to work at Bulgari's Milan property and who explained to me the resort's layout. Then I was driven around the resort in a golf cart by a nice assistant. I was told that the resort was fully booked so no villa tour this time. These were my observations from the tour and information I received from several sources:

- Bulgari is located near Uluwatu in Southern Bali high up on a cliff (150 metres above the ocean), very remote and calm location

- Design is "Giorgio Armani meets Bali" style: clear lines, modern black and white interiors but villa exterior with great emphasis on Balinese style; I liked it immediately. The same architect as for the Milan property.

- Although in its early stages of running, the gardening is pretty nice already.

- Two restaurants (an Italian and an Asian one) and the bar are located close to the cliff's ridge and are looking really cute, kept mostly in black/dark grey colours (for the fashionista type guests). Food quality unknown.

- Right next to the restaurants is the location of the main pool which is somewhat small but boasts a stunning view of the ocean (it looks like melting with the ocean). A number of sun loungers and modern-styled balés are situated around. In addition, there is one cold and one hot water jacuzzi placed at the ridge. Again, a stunning view from there!

- Workers were still doing some preps at a few villas, gardening water was brought in by a tanker.

- Although I really loved what I saw design wise, the limit of privacy at the villa's pool and the villas very close vicinity to each other was pretty disappointing to me. For example, from the service roads one can peek into almost every villa's pool area (this may change when gardening is fully established in two to three years but may block the ocean view as a consequence). The whole resort felt pretty cramped due to each villa sitting too close to the villa next door. A major letdown for me...

- Heard that they still have to fight with some kinks in this stage (no running water at times, funicular to the beach is not working yet, etc.). With no soft opening rates on offer I don't know how this is swallowed by the early guests though...When major kinks occur people are said to be transported to FS Jimbaran and not to the RC property as FS is said to be the properties' owner although RC is managing it. Very wierd combination...

- Hotel staff I met was very friendly and happy to show me around and openly discuss pro and cons of the resort, but hey, this is Bali...

- At the entrance they perform the most thorough security check of all hotels I visited in Bali with four guards checking the car from front to end. They look pretty martial with their formal attire but were very friendly and apologetic while performing their duties pretty thoroughly. It feels very reassuring.

- With all the talk around this property at the moment they expect quite a number of celebs for the christmas season...

- I was told that Bulgari will soon be opening a city property in Paris (Place Vendome area) and a resort somewhere along the Tuscany coast south of Florence.

Pictures to follow...
Old Oct 30, 2006, 4:34 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by socrates
BTW: There is also a Renaissance Resort opening this year too
There is a villa only property under construction in Nusa Dua next to the Kayumanis and Nusa Dua Beach Hotel that is said to become the Renaissance hotel (after it should have been branded as a JW Marriott initially). The construction stopped both after the 2002 and 2005 Bali bombings and has not resumed yet. In parts it looks very new, in others like being ten years old and desperate for renovation. Currently, it is a sad sight with no progress at all...Don't expect an opening soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.