Four Seasons Westlake Village

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Westlake Village

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by billmany
The spa which i thought was the claim to fame was mediocre at best. Very small.
Were you at the hotel's spa, or at the Wellness facility? The latter, which conducts multi-day, extensive (and expensive) medical tests, is what I understand to the the unique lure here (based, IIRC, on the health-related concerns of the property's wealthy developer, David Murdoch).
Old Dec 13, 2009, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
Just got back from a few days at the FS Westlake Village. For getaways I like the St. Regis brand and go to Westins throughout the year for business, mixing in a few Hiltons and InterContinentals.

This does remind me of a business-type destination, as others have posted, but I really liked the fitness and spa areas. I spent time in the sauna which is appointed with pretty shaving, facial, and other treatments (all included).

The food is good, but for the money you can find better restaurants in the neighborhood (I liked "The Grill" which is like a Ruth's Chris). There must have been a shift change or something because one of our room service orders really got screwed up. I didn't say anything but I figured something should have been comped there.

We only went there because it is in Ventura County, and did not want to drive far or fly. This area could use some nice hotels.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:21 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also just spent three nights there, lured in by the 3rd night free offer, which at this hotel, according to one desk clerk, will run through Sept 2010. Booked a suite which required (a) one night's advance deposit and (b) a three day cancellation notice -- neither of which are applicable to regular rooms. Was upgraded from the booked "executive suite" to a 1br suite.

The room was nice. I liked the manmade waterfall which made an otherwise boring view into something decent.

There is a very well-equipped gym and an indoor pool (apparently as well as an outdoor one, which I never happened to find).

My package included breakfasts and one lunch. Definitely order any included food through room service, NOT through the lobby lounge -- the only place open for breakfast and lunch. The one time we tried the lobby lounge, the service was abysmal even though it was almost empty. Furthermore, the manager didn't seem to care when I talked to him about our problems.

Food quality in general is nothing special.

Maid service and room service staff were good. The gym attendant and doormen were less attentive.

Complimentary bottled water is still not provided. Three small pieces of fruit on a rectangular plate were delivered as an arrival amenity. They were clones, plate and all, of the amenity I received at the FS NYC -- maybe this is a chain-wide thing now? Not very impressive.

The hotel now charges $16 a day for parking and $13 a day for internet. So in addition to taxes, plan on your rate being $40 a day higher than quoted.

I would return IF the price point justified it, as it currently does if you can take advantage of the "3rd night free" promotion.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Complimentary bottled water is still not provided.
Not at any FS that I can recall. You have to go to real luxury hotels like Holiday Inn or Sheraton to get free water in your room.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:57 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G

The hotel now charges $16 a day for parking and $13 a day for internet. So in addition to taxes, plan on your rate being $40 a day higher than quoted.
It was reported by MarshKing that Preferred Partner bookings (and it sounds like yours was PP) in Executive Suites or higher should include in addition complimentary in-room internet access.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...enities-7.html

Sorry to hear of service problems in the Lobby Lounge -- I think it is worth following up with the GM.

I have found the complimentary bottle(s) of water to be very inconsistent across FS hotels with a many properties forgetting or neglecting to offer this despite this being a clear request on my profile.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:04 am

Programs: UA, SPG
Was upgraded from the booked "executive suite" to a 1br suite.

Hmmmm.......I just had a look at the website and it does not appear that this hotel has an "executive suite" or a Four Seasons Room category. I am guessing you booked a superior 1 bedroom suite and got a deluxe 1 bedroom suite upgrade?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by peter11
Hmmmm.......I just had a look at the website and it does not appear that this hotel has an "executive suite" or a Four Seasons Room category. I am guessing you booked a superior 1 bedroom suite and got a deluxe 1 bedroom suite upgrade?
Probably, I booked the lowest level suite. Sorry about the terminology.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by luxury
It was reported by MarshKing that Preferred Partner bookings (and it sounds like yours was PP) in Executive Suites or higher should include in addition complimentary in-room internet access.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...enities-7.html

Sorry to hear of service problems in the Lobby Lounge -- I think it is worth following up with the GM.

I have found the complimentary bottle(s) of water to be very inconsistent across FS hotels with a many properties forgetting or neglecting to offer this despite this being a clear request on my profile.
Naw, I got the urge to book this in the middle of the night and didn't want to bother anyone so I booked it via FHR. That'll teach me!

I have or had a FS profile somewhere but forget how to find it and certainly the hotel didn't know about it. They also didn't know how to deliver a morning paper, which I found strange since, following what stimpy pointed out above, is also something a Holiday Inn can do. Maybe we are supposed to lower our expectations in a luxury hotel?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Maybe we are supposed to lower our expectations in a luxury hotel?
Not luxury hotels, just Four Seasons. At least I lower my expectations on FS stays when it comes to certain business class amenities that I receive at most chain hotels. Other luxury hotels don't have this problem. Just Four Seasons.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 12:18 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by luxury
Your profile asks for free water?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 12:53 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by ABG
Your profile asks for free water?
As far as I know it does, at least that is what FS people tell me.....
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:58 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Is free water some sort of promised perk? I don't get why you are asking for it for free and feeling it is inconsistent when it doesn't arrive FOC. I believe if you took the word free out of the request you would find it that water would appear in your room and on your folio very consistently!

FS gives a lot of freebies here and there that a Holiday Inn never would or could...
Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG
FS gives a lot of freebies here and there that a Holiday Inn never would or could...
I was obviously joking about the Holiday Inn being luxury, even if they give me free water. However your comment is intriguing. I can't think of anything a FS gives away for free? They nickle and dime you on every little thing.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 6:39 pm

I've never gotten anything for free at a FS either, except a recent bad experience at the FS NYC -- they didn't charge extra for that.

Did get freebies, mostly unsolicited room upgrades, back when I could use the corporate rate of a large investment bank -- and that rate was way cheaper than anything I can get on my own. So maybe the less you pay at FS, the more you get?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
When looking at the 'Rates and reservations' section of most (all?) Four Seasons properties, you'll find a list some of freebies.

For example:
The Four Seasons, Jackson Hole offers free s'mores in the winter months.
The Four Seasons, Scottsdale offers poolside frozen fruit and other iced treats.

Or, a more direct way of finding these is to check out www.fourseasons.com/________/value/ -- put the property into the blank.
Examples:
http://www.fourseasons.com/westlakevillage/value/
http://www.fourseasons.com/scottsdale/value/
http://www.fourseasons.com/amman/value/

Last edited by MarshKing; Jan 3, 2010 at 7:56 pm Reason: Added the .../value sites

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.