Four Seasons Westlake Village

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Westlake Village

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:05 pm

Programs: Amex Cent, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, CO Lifetime Plat, Hertz-Gold
There's no doubt that this isn't the most incredible property in the world, and it will probably go overlooked by many many potential customers. But I've been living in Westlake Village since I was 10, and can't complain about having a resort like this nearby. It's always nice to just get away, and I'm not a fan at all of going to LA or BH, specifically, to get the seclusion and service that most FS offer. Remember, it's the experiences that make it a good time or a bad time. Not the lack of entertainment in the area.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Another thing the W had, and most every other hotel I stay at has, is complimentary bottled water in the rooms. But the last few FS's I've stayed at do not do this. This is infuriating nickle-and-dime approach of Four Seasons is one reason I don't stay at them often. For the amount of money we spend here, the least they could do is put a couple of 20 cent water bottles in the room. But no, they want you to pay $3 for mini-bar water. Also there are no pens in the room. Just a cheap pencil. Now I know I could speak to a manager and they would instantly take care of me, but why should I have to complain to get service?
Interesting, I got 2 complimentary waters per day at the FS Hualalai and I also received complimentary water bottles at the FS BH.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
That just goes to show that not all FS's are the same. Hualalai is a great FS. The FS LA (BH) isn't the best, but still pretty good. I stayed there a year or so ago and I honestly don't remember if my room had water. It might also depend on what level of room you book.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:55 am

Programs: American, United, Southwest
Hi, I'm new to Flyertalk but need to jump in on Westlake. Stayed at Westlake Village Inn recently and must disagree with postings. They've totally modernized the place and it is so much warmer and accommodating than the FS...and affordable. You can go right to your car and need to go through a lobby and walk through the corporate gauntlet!! Plus there's complimentary breakfast and afternoon snacks...and a golf course.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:25 am

I live in malibu and have 3 small children

I am so disappointed in the FS Westlake. When I first heard about the new FS coming to the area I was excited because I thought it would be similar to the FS Avaira. I thought they would have a kids program, special themed events for kids, playground, kids pool. Stuff like that. I figured with the area being so affluent and so mnay families, it would be a great place for locals to go away for weekend with kids, put them in club while parents can do spa and stuff. I was horrified when I went there, it is all about business people, the restaurats were all packed with businesmen, the kids program is a small room downstairs with no attendent, so more like a playroom, the pool with beautiful cabanas is only for adults and accesed through the spa. It is just not a place I would go for the weekend with the kids or even without kids, I would need to go to city or santa Monica for that.

The wellness center seemed like a ghost town as did the hotel itself, I ate at the japanease place, which was just okay but I live in malibu and Nobu is here and is simply the best, I also had desseet at the stuffy lounge area and it was just not good, the service was terriable.

I hop they realize the wellness center is not a good idea and get rid of it and start to make it more family friendly.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

odd there are lots of business travelers. i thought the whole point was the wellbeing institute..

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 18, 2007 at 9:33 am
Old Apr 18, 2007, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can tell you that a lot of companies are in that area and they have been looking for a better chain hotel than the Westlake Hyatt or the Calabasas Garden Hilton.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:40 am

Well for the business traveler it's a durn good place to be. But like previously said, something for the families in this area would be great. Westlake is extremely affluent, and extremely suburban, a high-end retreat would be a sure-fire hot spot. As a side note, there's a nice little place just south of Westlake (closer to Agoura) called JungleLand, which is a fun little place to take the little ones. Nothing extravagent, but a fun environment that everyone seems to love.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 5:12 pm

How funny, we go to Junglecland all the time with our kids.

I so wish the FS Westlake was an Aviara.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:21 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by azepine00
There is a mortuary across the road in case the well-being thing doesn't work out.

Both Westlake Village and (East) Palo Alto locations of recently opened FS seem rather puzzling.
Can't speak for Westlake Village - but the East Palo Alto location is designed for people who travel to the countless companies/law firms/etc. in the silicon valley area. The hotel itself is in an office building complex with who knows how many multi-national multi-hundred lawyer law firms. When we stayed there - we were just about the only "tourists" in the hotel. We went there last fall because I got a great airfare to San Jose to do a mileage run from Florida - great rates at the hotel - and we had never been to or explored this part of California before. It's a nice base for exploring the area south of San Francisco proper - and there's enough to keep you busy there for at least 3/4 days. Robyn
Old May 2, 2007, 6:43 pm

Interesting decisions the FS people make. For their sake I hope the hotel is a success, but from first glance it seems like it just wasn't done right.
Old May 3, 2007, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I don't think the FS people had a lot to do with the unique decisions made at this hotel. That's all on Murdock.
Old May 7, 2007, 1:23 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
You cannot play the Sherwood country club 18 hole course, only access to the Par 3 course is granted.
Of course, it is also nice, but the "real thing" is much better.
Old May 7, 2007, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
You cannot play the Sherwood country club 18 hole course, only access to the Par 3 course is granted.
Of course, it is also nice, but the "real thing" is much better.
Are you sure? I just played the real course yesterday, but that had nothing to do with the FS.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 2.5MM, SPG-Plat, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum
i stayed here last month and was very disappointed. I thought the service was very substandard. The spa which i thought was the claim to fame was mediocre at best. Very small.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.