Search

Relaxing Beach Hotel in Florida?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
Relaxing Beach Hotel in Florida?

Hi all !

Never been to Florida and realize that I will be going to Orlando next year for a convention, looking for a good place to stay for a 2-3 day long weekend.

While I don't mind just staying in Orlando and visit Disneyland with a FS stay, I'm hoping if someone can recommend a more relaxed luxury hotel stay.

Wondering if there's any hotel in Florida fit the following criteria

- Less or no kids, looking for a quieter, more relaxed place to stay
- Private beach
- Convenient location to shopping/restaurants

Wondering if there's any recent stay at Little Palm Island? Though it might be more of a pain for me to get there for a 2-3 day long weekend.

Any recommendations highly appreciated, thanks in advance! :-:
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:58 pm

Hotel suggestikns

Hello. Check out Hammock Beach Resort or The Shores in Daytona Beach. The beach options you have are Cocoa, Ponce Inlet, Daytona Beach, New Smyrna, and Cinnamon Beach/Hammock Beach. Hammock Beach has nice pools, good restaurants, and adults only areas. It’s also pretty large. There’s a Groupon deal for this resort right now.

Other option is to drive to Clearwater Beach or St. Pete. The gulf is warmer than Atlantic side. And I prefer the gulf side personally. If you go there I HIGHLY RECOMMEND going to Berns Steakhouse for dinner. It’s amazing! Hope this helps!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:31 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We were at Little Palm Island many years ago. It was definitely quiet.... pretty good but not great. The beach was nice and the dinner atmosphere was lovely. But the water was kind of murky for swimming. I can't remember the problem exactly....maybe it was surgassum. Anyway, I imagine the recent hurricanes might have done some damage.

People on this forum love Aqualina. Not sure if it's quiet though.
instyleprincess likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:48 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Don't know that there are any private beaches in Florida. I've always liked Palm Beach, as it doesn't have the high rise towers lining the beaches in MIA and FLL. If you want luxury, I'd personally go for the Four Seasons Palm Beach — about as quiet as you're going to get on the east coast of Florida.

Hard to avoid kids during school vacations, though.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:37 pm

Acqualina has an adults-only pool (2 actually, if you count the spa pool). The Carillon also has a nice rooftop adults pool, as well as great fitness classes and not very many kids. Both have fantastic spas and are on the more relaxing side for Miami.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:57 pm

We recently completed a stay at Four Seasons at the Surf Club and I can’t recommend the property highly enough. The hard product is amazing (we had an Oceanfront Room) and the service was impeccable from start to finish. The property is brand new and very beautiful. I love the juxtaposition of old and new architecture. We really enjoyed the food at Le Sirenuse and room service was excellent too.

Around the pool, service was attentive and helpful bringing water, setting up beds and bringing out pool toys for our daughter. It was exactly the same on the beach. For Miami, the service really was standout.

We’re already planning a return visit.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
Thanks all!

Have anyone been to both FS Surf Club and FS Palm Beach?
I'm wondering how these two compare

Acqualina looks like it has more rooms than FS, but the spa looks fantastic.

Would love to hear more experiences at FS Palm Beach & Surf Club!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
The FS Surf Club while maybe being very nice is in Surfside which is honky tonk North Miami Beach. If you are looking for quiet luxury both in the hotel
as well as the area, then I would recommend either the FS Palm Beach or its competitor Eau Palm Beach (formerly an RZ) in Manapalan which South Palm Beach. FS Palm Beach is a trifle worn, being closed down for three months summer of 2018 for a major renovation. Eau Palm Beach had a major renovation 2 years ago that got rid of the 90s RZ look and created a new look, albeit a bit garish. Eau has an incredible adults only infinity pool that is spectacular. That said, FS Palm Beach has a much better beach than Eau.]
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Haven't stayed at the surf club, but I have stayed at the St. Regis Bal Harbour right down the road. The rooms are beautiful and all have large balconies facing the ocean. It's a great place to relax, and the "Tranquility" adult pool is a great setting to relax without kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.