Wiki Posts
Search

FS Government Rate

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2006, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
FS Government Rate

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find the information I was looking for.

Is there a way to find a Four Season's government rate online? I know that at least a few properties offer them, but the only way I've been able to find out is to call in. I'd rather look things up myself and not waste a telephone rep's time, so if anyone knows how to find a FS's government rate and be able to book it online, please post!

Thanks
-z
Old Dec 25, 2006, 1:36 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by zski1
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find the information I was looking for.

Is there a way to find a Four Season's government rate online? I know that at least a few properties offer them, but the only way I've been able to find out is to call in. I'd rather look things up myself and not waste a telephone rep's time, so if anyone knows how to find a FS's government rate and be able to book it online, please post!

Thanks
-z

Does the FS even HAVE a gov't rate ?
Old Dec 25, 2006, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mstraveler
Does the FS even HAVE a gov't rate ?
Yup, in Austin, sometime in the last year (summer-ish) it was about $110.
-z
Old Dec 25, 2006, 2:47 pm

I am doubtful of whether or not FS has a systemwide government rate because they do not have AAA rates.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Nachria
I am doubtful of whether or not FS has a systemwide government rate because they do not have AAA rates.
No reason to be doubtful of whether or not FS has a systemwide government rate. FS DEFINITELY does or does not have a systemwide government rate.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 9:33 pm

And your point......
Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:12 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Blumie
FS DEFINITELY does or does not have a systemwide government rate.
I am not sure what you mean by this. It's possible that some properties have it and some don't, or that it changes over time. . . I guess you would refer to that scenario as "FS does not have a system-wide government rate."

Obviously the chances of getting a government rate at nearly any FS are low. I am not surprised that, if a certain property were to have a government rate, it wouldn't be available on the web site. I guess you'll have to face the humiliation of calling the reservations department and asking for a government rate.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by mecabq
I am not sure what you mean by this. It's possible that some properties have it and some don't, or that it changes over time. . . I guess you would refer to that scenario as "FS does not have a system-wide government rate."
I have no idea whether or not FS offers a systemwide government rate. I was simply responding to Nachria's post:

Originally Posted by Nachria
Nachria is "doubtful of whether or not FS has a systemwide government rate," to which I responded that there is no reason to be doubtful, because FS definitely does or does not have a systemwide government rate. BTW, I have no idea what the absence of a AAA rate has to do with any of this. They certainly do not go hand-in-hand.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
It would be interesting to find out where and how often there is a government rate in Four Seasons establishments. From what I can see (unless someone with this arkane knowledge pops up) it would be nessecary to enquire about particular establishments. Their web page directs you phone numbers to call if you input an incorrect coroporate code (just for grins I put in GOV for a corporate rate for the Four Seasons in Chicago... no joy). So if the OP is interested a few calls could give some idea of what the deal is at least for now.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
It would be interesting to find out where and how often there is a government rate in Four Seasons establishments. From what I can see (unless someone with this arkane knowledge pops up) it would be nessecary to enquire about particular establishments. Their web page directs you phone numbers to call if you input an incorrect coroporate code (just for grins I put in GOV for a corporate rate for the Four Seasons in Chicago... no joy). So if the OP is interested a few calls could give some idea of what the deal is at least for now.
Sorry Just realised I had unkownly stumbled into an old thread. Please ignore or remove my posts....
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
According to the Four Seasons DRS (Direct Reference System -- a database of supplier information for travel agents) file, the following properties offer govt rates:

• FOUR SEASONS HOUSTON
  • FOUR SEASONS NEWPORT BEACH
  • FOUR SEASONS VANCOUVER
  • FOUR SEASONS TORONTO, YORKVILLE
  • FOUR SEASONS AUSTIN
  • FOUR SEASONS SEATTLE

It appears that one must call the property in order to inquire about the govt rate & availability.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
I used to be a part time gubmint employee and 2 years ago I asked about discount rates by calling the FS 1-800 number. I was informed by the agent that there is no systemwide government rate.

As for the properties listed in MarshKing's post...I have to question their current validity, as there has not been a FS Newport Beach for several years.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by trojanman
As for the properties listed in MarshKing's post...I have to question their current validity, as there has not been a FS Newport Beach for several years.
I was inspired by 2006 posts from this thread.

Seriously though -- thanks for pointing that out. I only did a quick copy & paste job, and failed to do much in the way of quality control. (Obviously.) I just went back into DRS and noticed that there is no copyright/published/version date on the file. Thus, we have no knowing exactly how out of date the info is.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FOUR SEASONS Vancouver still does a ton of business in the winter on government rates.

My understanding is that, prior to closing for rennovations, Four Seasons London (near Hyde Park) offered government rates to a few countries including Canada (they had a small degree of military/minister business), and USA (not sure who?). No idea when they re-open.

Four Seasons in Milano offers a rate to Italian government- not sure about any others.

I was staying in Prague at the FS, and there was a government convention- no idea at all about rate or any details other than noticing it was there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.