Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Beach Resort near Bangkok

Best Luxury Beach Resort near Bangkok

Old Dec 29, 2013, 9:56 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by nycfly
How is the beach at The Six Senses/ Evason in Hua Hin? From all the resorts stated...Evason, Sofitel, Anantara, Chiva Som, Hyatt, Interconti, which has the best beach?
Just a note on the beach at the Six Senses which is now the Sheraton Pranburi Villas. http://www.sheratonhuahinpranburi.com/ There is none, at least right now. Lots of construction along the seafront (apparently a new bike path/sidewalk is being constructed for miles along the coast), but no beach I would consider using.

The property however, is very nice. Just don't think you will be sitting on the beach.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:36 pm

The presidential suite at the Hyatt in Hua Hin has a private pool. I have stayed in the Barai suites, which also have plunge pools, and are quite nice. Otherwise, there are suites at the IC Hua Hin with private pools, as well as suites with direct pool access.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by eutow
I don't believe so - it looked to me like the rates quoted were for these specific listed packages. If you go to the reservation request page here it doesn't specify a 3 day minimum, and I am sure if you emailed them they would quote for a shorter time (except perhaps around Christmas and New Year).

That said, if your aim is to visit it for health benefits, I would suggest that you try to go for more than 3 days - it takes a while to start to destress. I prefer to go for 7 nights, and if I can't make the time, then certainly for 5. If you just want to visit a nice resort, then of course even a couple of nights is OK. Let me know if you have other questions.
Originally Posted by francophile
Is it true that the Chiva-Som has a three night minumum? Their web site does not list rates for less than three nights.

http://www.chivasom.com/content/retr...troduction.htm
Originally Posted by eutow
I usually go to Chiva-Som twice a year, and like it a lot. The resort is lovely, and the staff charming. Some of the rooms and parts of the spa are showing their age a bit, but management has been regularly making improvements. Although it is a health resort, and so the food options are all pretty healthy, they are not draconian, and if you get bored with the food (I never have!), it is easy enough to go into town for something unhealthy . When I'm there I don't usually feel like leaving the resort. They run free activity classes all day in case you're interested, but it is just as easy to laze around and enjoy the environment.
Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
Chiva Som, near Hua Hin, is supposed to be very nice - Health spa meets Luxury Thai Hotel.

A notch down near Hua Hin
The Sofitel (In Hua Hin)
Anantara
Dusit
Hyatt
Originally Posted by Peter4
I am in Hua Hin now -- my fifth visit here in the past few years.
Any of those resorts suggested above by Kettering Northants QC would be 5-star.
The locals tell me that Chiva Som is 7-star, but I have no first-hand experience.

I will say again, Hua Hin is the best choice for Colin's OP request for, "the best luxury beach resort that is driveable from Bangkok airport."

Weather here now is magnificent: tropical balmy, but not hot and not humid.
This evening has the soft, warm, air that is very soothing.
It provided the perfect atmosphere for our seafood dinner on a deck overlooking the Gulf of Thailand (complete with candle light).

November is "shoulder" season here, so no crowds at all.
Most visitors are middle-age Europeans; including a few families with children.
Hua Hin is popular with Scandinavians and Germans, based on the restaurants I see and the languages I hear.

Hua Hin is the second most expensive resort in Thailand --after Phuket -- so it attracts visitors who are able to afford higher quality accomodations and service.
While there are a few guest houses here, Hua Hin is really not oriented to budget travellers/backpackers.

If any specific questions, you are welcome to send me email or private message.

- Peter
Saw this old thread ..
For Hua Hin , Chiva Som is arguably still the best , especially if you are into “ wellness “ .
Chiva Som started her phased major renovations last year . This year the closure will have the whole spa area and the bathing pavilion redone . Both the restaurants too .

Suites and rooms will be “ refreshed “ .

3 night minimum stay , but usually longer stays are needed to benefit fully

Old Mar 2, 2024, 9:44 am

Pardon my resurrection of such an old thread but I've read through everything here and taken in all the valuable information, but still coming up wanting for my current situation.

In the last decade I've kept coming back to Thailand to stay in some very fine properties in BKK, Phuket, Koh Lanta, Koh Samui and Hua Hin. For the upcoming winter season I'm determined to try out eastern Thailand. Mainly Pattaya/Rayong/Koh Samet. Having set that target however I'm not finding a lot of worthwhile resorts or hotels that are really wowing me.

From what I understand the classic destination of the region is the Royal Cliff hotel in South Pattaya but I don't see much word of it on this forum, or the overall region in genral.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 1:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’m not aware of any luxury hotels at all in the area, so I’ll be curious if you come up with anything. The closest is probably the Andaz Jomtien, but as far as Pattaya goes I’d rather just stay well clear.
scented likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Pardon my resurrection of such an old thread but I've read through everything here and taken in all the valuable information, but still coming up wanting for my current situation.

In the last decade I've kept coming back to Thailand to stay in some very fine properties in BKK, Phuket, Koh Lanta, Koh Samui and Hua Hin. For the upcoming winter season I'm determined to try out eastern Thailand. Mainly Pattaya/Rayong/Koh Samet. Having set that target however I'm not finding a lot of worthwhile resorts or hotels that are really wowing me.

From what I understand the classic destination of the region is the Royal Cliff hotel in South Pattaya but I don't see much word of it on this forum, or the overall region in genral.
There is a reason there is not much written about these regions, best not to go to such places, especially Pattaya!

Trivia: the owning family of The Siam (Sukosols) own "The Wave" in Pattaya and manage it themselves... mind you this is a way to make money and not meant for The Siam guests to stay & enjoy standards and service. Pattaya does not enjoy the best reputation.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:23 am

Noted. I'll strike Pattaya from my list. Still hoping to discover something enchanting in the Islands and/or along the South East coast.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G

How about Soneva Kiri?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
How about Soneva Kiri?
Looks fabulous, I was just recommended Koh Kood independently from a Scandinavian forum today so this certainly looks like it could fit the bill. I'm a sucker for the smaller islands that haven't been overly ravaged by exploitation (Samui, Phuket, Phi Phi etc). Have you been personally to this property?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Looks fabulous, I was just recommended Koh Kood independently from a Scandinavian forum today so this certainly looks like it could fit the bill. I'm a sucker for the smaller islands that haven't been overly ravaged by exploitation (Samui, Phuket, Phi Phi etc). Have you been personally to this property?
I have not, but there's a thorough video & text review here: Review of Soneva Kiri (Thailand): my best luxury travel experience ever!

I think it's worth the try
EuropeanPete likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.