Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Print Wikipost

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
It's still there - but you have to go halfway through the booking process to see it. Wish they just had it up and available.
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I booked this back in January after talking to Tapa at the London Aman event - the sly dog didn't give any hints he would be leaving. Thereafter all my correspondence was just with their standard reservations email address. I tend to not bother the GM unless I know them well; I know Christophe from Amangiri, but we won't be on each others Christmas card list.
The Aman website is a real pain to manoeuvre , it was so much easier to retrieve information before . Now it's fancy photos , all form but you know , " no .. "

Ah yes , they generally do not let on until the very last minute as things these days are not like before ..
Don't think I am on his list too & vv .
FYI , his wife , Audeline is the Hotel manager

Last edited by FlyerEC; Oct 31, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Greetings everyone (from O&O Cape Town)

We've booked a Beach Casita for 2017 and was wondering if there is some up to date guidance on which one to choose (if I understand correctly there were some renovations in the property recently? - apologies if wrong and I will scan the thread for info).

Many thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Zephyrous
Greetings everyone (from O&O Cape Town)

We've booked a Beach Casita for 2017 and was wondering if there is some up to date guidance on which one to choose (if I understand correctly there were some renovations in the property recently? - apologies if wrong and I will scan the thread for info).

Many thanks!
I like #18, #19, #20 & #21 - very private, just beyond the Beach Club.

#1 - #15 are beyond the Beach Cub, towards the Villas and Kid's Club. They are all very acceptable - it just depends upon where you want to be near.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 4:04 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
#23 which we were at is right next to the Picnic Grove, and a short walking distance from Beach Club. Note that this casita doesn't have the best placement if you love your hammock.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:30 am

I would love to know if the current GM is able to uphold standards... I really hope so. It is an easy job knowing the team very well, but I do wonder. Unfortunately even a slight lack of passion immediately has an effect on the whole operation.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by scented
I would love to know if the current GM is able to uphold standards... I really hope so. It is an easy job knowing the team very well, but I do wonder. Unfortunately even a slight lack of passion immediately has an effect on the whole operation.
I'll be sure to tell you all as a Christmas present.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:33 pm

Yay! ^
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Yay! ^
+1

Since some of us here have yet to hear from him again .
I cannot seem to locate his deputy / wife ' s reply ( on his behalf ? ) , after a long time team member alerted her to the situation, to eventually reply her .

However , the faithful Pulo team members are upholding Aman standards we have grown accustomed to .

Thanks MacMyDay
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Has Amanpulo added pools to some of their Casitas? I don't remember ever seeing this before:

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanpulo/casitas

For some reason the reservation calendar isn't working for me (all dates come up as unavailable when you click through), but I could swear that the "Deluxe Hillside" and "Treetop Pool" categories are new ones.

Per Virtuoso website there are two of the Treetop Pool casitas.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:31 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Has Amanpulo added pools to some of their Casitas? I don't remember ever seeing this before:

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanpulo/casitas

For some reason the reservation calendar isn't working for me (all dates come up as unavailable when you click through), but I could swear that the "Deluxe Hillside" and "Treetop Pool" categories are new ones.

Per Virtuoso website there are two of the Treetop Pool casitas.
They are the only casitas with private pools. The villas have private pools of course.

The treetop pool casitas are the same price as a beach casita - and I know where I'd rather stay. The private pool at the treetop pool casita isn't that enticing; it almost looks badly done. I took a photo of it and I think it's further back in this thread somewhere.

The deluxe hillside casitas are also same price as beach casitas, and are worth considering for the views (but note it's never going to be an 'elevated' place ala Amankila/Amanpuri etc).

Beach casita is definitely the way to go if within budget - if not, book a treetop or hillside and chances are you'll get upgraded to a beach.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
They are the only casitas with private pools. The villas have private pools of course.

The treetop pool casitas are the same price as a beach casita - and I know where I'd rather stay. The private pool at the treetop pool casita isn't that enticing; it almost looks badly done. I took a photo of it and I think it's further back in this thread somewhere.
There are 2 treetop pool casitas, close to the kids club.
The location worked perfectly well for us (close to the Spa / gym) and very quiet. I would stay there again, it all depends upon what you are looking for.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:23 am

Checked into a 1 bedroom villa earlier today - very impressed. I know it's almost compulsory for everyone on these forums to have been to Amanpulo, so I won't bother doing a write-up on what's on offer etc, but it does seem everyone is interested in how service is since the GM has changed. I'll keep this thread updated on that over the next few days, but so far, so good.

Mandatory night photos of the villa:

Pool - looking out onto the beach

Pool and villa

View from the beach, looking back onto the villa
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Checked into a 1 bedroom villa earlier today - very impressed. I know it's almost compulsory for everyone on these forums to have been to Amanpulo, so I won't bother doing a write-up on what's on offer etc, but it does seem everyone is interested in how service is since the GM has changed. I'll keep this thread updated on that over the next few days, but so far, so good.

Mandatory night photos of the villa:

Pool - looking out onto the beach

Pool and villa

View from the beach, looking back onto the villa

I've never been so please enlighten me and bring me into the light...

Fdw
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I've never been

Fdw
I haven't been either.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:05 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
MacMyDay, how did you get from Phuket to Amanpulo? Did you find it an easy trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.