Reload this Page >

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leading Hotels of the World Leaders Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Originally Posted by beachfan
Help me understand the pre-arrival upgrade. Is it capacity restricted, or if they are selling the room one category above yours, you get it.

I'm concerned it just means they tell you "no" pre-arrival instead of upon arrival.
When you book your stay via LHW you can tick a box to use one of your pre arrival upgrade requests.
This then sends a message to LHW reservations who will email the hotel asking if they can confirm the room upgrade. The hotel can give their response then or they can defer giving an answer until a week before check-in.

So it’s rooms only no suites, subject to availability, and at the hotels discretion and you might need to wait until a few days before checkin to get your answer.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Netjets/Marquis card get complimentary unlimited - obviously not a "cost saving" option unless you happen to be in need of private aviation as well...
Can you explain this? I use netjets/marquis jet. Was unaware there was any tie in with LHW.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by r281

When you book your stay via LHW you can tick a box to use one of your pre arrival upgrade requests.
This then sends a message to LHW reservations who will email the hotel asking if they can confirm the room upgrade. The hotel can give their response then or they can defer giving an answer until a week before check-in.

So it’s rooms only no suites, subject to availability, and at the hotels discretion and you might need to wait until a few days before checkin to get your answer.
Have been upgraded 100% of the time without using the pre-arrival upgrade cert. Have been upgraded to suites. I don't think most properties have any idea what the centralized program is.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Have been upgraded 100% of the time without using the pre-arrival upgrade cert. Have been upgraded to suites. I don't think most properties have any idea what the centralized program is.
Which hotels did you get these upgrades?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:20 am
Suspended

Which hotels did you get these upgrades?
Recently? Last 3-4 months:

Hotel Kamp, Helsinki x2
Grand Hotel, Stockholm
Bagni di Pisa
Grand Melia Fenix, Madrid
Le Mount Stephen, Montreal
The Lanesborough
The Merrion, Dublin

Upcoming (we'll see if the trend continues): Grand Hotel Stockholm again, Hotel Kamp x2 again, The Negresco, Elounda Bay Palace, Grand Melia Fenix again
Old Dec 17, 2019, 6:28 am

Has anyone had any recent experiences of the new leaders club programme?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:02 am
Suspended

Recently? Last 3-4 months:

Hotel Kamp, Helsinki x2
Grand Hotel, Stockholm
Bagni di Pisa
Grand Melia Fenix, Madrid
Le Mount Stephen, Montreal
The Lanesborough
The Merrion, Dublin

Upcoming (we'll see if the trend continues): Grand Hotel Stockholm again, Hotel Kamp x2 again, The Negresco, Elounda Bay Palace, Grand Melia Fenix again
Just to follow these up. I was upgraded to the same room class (requested) on my return to the Grand Hotel Stockholm, upgraded to my preferred Jr.Suite facing the park both times at Hotel Kamp, Upgraded to a larger room with a balcony at the Negresco, upgraded several categories at Elounda Bay Palace and upgraded at the Grand Melia Fenix. I just returned from a trip in the last two weeks that featured another upgrade to my favorite room at Hotel Kamp, and an upgrade to a suite at The Hazelton in Toronto.

Has anyone had any recent experiences of the new leaders club programme?
Please see above, I have almost 100% upgrade success rate as a Leaders Club Member, have just made Sterling so we'll see if that's any better. On that note, would like to know what if any enhanced benefits there are with Sterling status other than the additional pre-arrival upgrade certs, which so far have been meaningless for me as I have been upgraded with or without the certs. I have a number of LHW stays upcoming including:

Palacio Tangara, Sao Paulo
Hotel Kulm, St. Moritz
Hotel des Indes, Den Haag
Alvear Palace, Buenos Aires
Baglioni, Bologna
Hotel Kamp, Helsinki x3
Hotel Byblos, St. Tropez
Royal Hotel, San Remo
Lesante Blu, Zakynthos

Want to make sure I get the best possible value for my benefits. Also, is there any status above Sterling that can be earned? Thx!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Just to follow these up. I was upgraded to the same room class (requested) on my return to the Grand Hotel Stockholm, upgraded to my preferred Jr.Suite facing the park both times at Hotel Kamp, Upgraded to a larger room with a balcony at the Negresco, upgraded several categories at Elounda Bay Palace and upgraded at the Grand Melia Fenix. I just returned from a trip in the last two weeks that featured another upgrade to my favorite room at Hotel Kamp, and an upgrade to a suite at The Hazelton in Toronto.

Please see above, I have almost 100% upgrade success rate as a Leaders Club Member, have just made Sterling so we'll see if that's any better. On that note, would like to know what if any enhanced benefits there are with Sterling status other than the additional pre-arrival upgrade certs, which so far have been meaningless for me as I have been upgraded with or without the certs. I have a number of LHW stays upcoming including:

Palacio Tangara, Sao Paulo
Hotel Kulm, St. Moritz
Hotel des Indes, Den Haag
Alvear Palace, Buenos Aires
Baglioni, Bologna
Hotel Kamp, Helsinki x3
Hotel Byblos, St. Tropez
Royal Hotel, San Remo
Lesante Blu, Zakynthos

Want to make sure I get the best possible value for my benefits. Also, is there any status above Sterling that can be earned? Thx!
Your luck is better than mine. I have had the last two prearrival upgrades returned to me as the hotel could not honour them. The program really fails in this regard.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:47 am

Can you explain this? I use netjets/marquis jet. Was unaware there was any tie in with LHW.
At least in the past, this conferred complimentary "unlimited" LHW status. I am not sure if this is still available. Perhaps call net Netjets and ask if they are still able to upgrade your LHW account to Unlimited.

This offer could be/could have been limited to North America or to only certain fractional owners or Marquis card holders.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Dec 17, 2019 at 10:20 am
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:03 pm

With Sterling you get the 5 upgrade requests and also 5% renewal bonus.

Beyond that there is Aurelian which is invite only but the fee is 1200usd. You will get unlimited upgrade requests, 10% renewal bonus, guaranteed 4pm late check out, no black out dates when redeeming points and also a credit with sixt mydriver of a few hundred dollars per year for car hire or taxis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.