Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Best Club Level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Best Club Level

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:27 pm

Yes, I agree that Cancun (was) one of the best. Evening live entertainment. The Tequila bar rolled out in the afternoon. Hot foods in the morning. Varying selection daily, instead of the same thing repeated. A nice upstairs club lounge that is adults only - same food, just quieter and no kids allowed.

Jamaiaca was good, but: (a) they never managed to get the food out on time; and (b) they tended to have a lot of repeats from day to day.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
I seem to recall in San Francisco vodka bottles encased in ice during the caviar service?! Am I just dreaming?!
Not as of last weekend, unless I wasn't paying attention as I was diving for the champagne . I, too, nominate SFO. Although they have got to get new TVs in their rooms - totally pitiful sets - back to 1985.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by brendamc
Not as of last weekend, unless I wasn't paying attention as I was diving for the champagne . I, too, nominate SFO. Although they have got to get new TVs in their rooms - totally pitiful sets - back to 1985.
Its not just the tvs that date back to 1985, but all of the furnishings in the rooms. The hotel is woefully in need of an upgrade to the rooms. Its been promised for years - the last I heard was maybe by next summer, but as far as I can tell nothing has been started yet.

I have a club suite booked for a stay in January, but have also reserved the new St. Regis. As a SPG-Platinum I'll likely get a suite there, and it is much less money. So the big dilemma will be whether to pass on the great club lounge (and exceptional overall service) at the Ritz to have a far superior room, no club lounge, and service that certainly will not surpass what the Ritz offers up.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:39 pm

Programs: skymiles,
Amelia Island was great - good food, good selections. My one gripe was the chocolate and cordials never included any chocolate!!!!!

Jamaica - While the food was plentiful, it was a bit eclectic. Breakfast was nice, continental style. Lunch was awful, cream tea very good and the appetizers pre-dinner were ok.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
What about the club in St. Louis? Caviar???
Old Nov 4, 2005, 9:11 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I have never liked any R-C club nearly as much as I do the one in SF. To be fair, I haven't stayed in the New York one, and my last (and far from memorable) stay at the R-C on 22d St. in DC was well over a year ago.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum/Aadvantage Club
Ritz SF is upgrading

The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco Begins a $12.5 Million Renovation
To Further Enhance The City’s Only Mobil Five-Star, AAA Five Diamond Hotel

The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, the city’s highest rated hotel, has embarked on a $12.5 million renovation to include all 336 guest rooms and suites. To mark the hotel’s 15 year Anniversary, the guest room renovation is scheduled to be completed in May 2006.

In addition to new furniture, carpeting, and draperies, the new guest rooms and suites will feature the following enhanced amenities:

• Wireless Internet access
• 32-inch High-Definition, LCD Flat-panel televisions with dual speakers and DVD/CD plaer
• Cordless two-line speaker phones
• Electronic in-room laptop safes
• Built-in electrical outlets and Broadband connections on guestroom desktops
• Bose Wave CD/alarm/clock radios
• Kohler® Performance “rain” showerheads
• New bedding presentation consisting of 400-thread-count, 100% combed cotton linens with an enhanced pillow presentation
• Bvlgari White Tea bath essentials
• Added bathroom shelving and cabinetry
• In-room gourmet coffee and tea presentations
• Ipod docking stations (Club and Suites only)
• LCD Flat-panel televisions in all Club Suite bathrooms

The Nob Hill landmark was originally hailed as a "temple of commerce" when it opened in 1909 as the Pacific Coast headquarters of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company. After nearly a decade of deterioration and neglect the 17-columned building was rescued by The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. After an extensive four-year renovation, the building was restored to its original magnificence and re-opened as The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco on April 8, 1991.

Occupying a full city block, the massive white structure "is an important part of the city's architectural heritage," states Edward Mady, Vice President and Area General Manager. “The hotel's interior is decorated with specially selected 18th and 19th century antiques and artwork that complements the historic exterior.”
Old Dec 26, 2005, 6:06 pm

About time!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 8:42 am

Location: Atlanta - DL DM - 3M+/Hyatt Globalist/Hilton Diamond/Marriott LT Gold
San Francisco - Stayed club level twice and totally enjoyed it each time
Singapore - Stayed club level three times - Food svc was rather light but service level was impeccable. View of the harbor was fantastic. We would sit for hours and look out the windows. On National Day, they opened up a room on the other side of the hotel so Club Level folks could watch the fireworks and festivities at the stadium on the opposite side of the hotel.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:10 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
No RC beats the Ritz Carlton Osaka when it comes to club floor level, real champagne, not only sparkling wine the whole day, excellent food presentations and superb service.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 8:48 am

Programs: DL, Mariott Rewards
Anyone been to the Sarasota Ritz? How is it?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Recent Stays at Ritz Club Level

I would like to know if anyone has any comments on recent stays at any Ritz Calrton Club Level in the USA. I personally believe, comparing my recent stays with previous ones that food presentations are getting very limited. Last week I was at the Club Level -Ritz Bachelor Gulch and I was not very pleased with the limited food presentations. For example, one day the dessert presentation consisted of just a handful of cookies and the next day just truffles. Last year I stayed at both Ritz Reynolds Plantations and Ritz Naples Golf and the food presentations were excellent. There were desserts for midday snacks, tea, and hors d’oeuvres, and of course a variety of sweets for the last presentation of the day.

Today, I found a reviewer who was at the Ritz Denver and found the same situation of limited food in the presentations. The reviewer wrote:

“Dinner hors d'oeuvres consisted of a few bland tiny appetizers and a little cheese and crackers - nothing resembling others in either quality or presentation that I've seen at other Ritz Carltons. And the dessert "presentation" was an absolute joke - a few chocolate "truffles" - i.e. chocolates - in a tiny serving bowl. That was it!...” (Lovetheluxury, tripadvisor).

I would appreciate any comments with your recent experiences at any Ritz Club Level and recommendations for good ones.

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Kudos for resurrecting a thread from 2005!

My most recent experience with RC club level was in Sarasota last year. Excellent service, very limited food offerings. Quite frankly, after a couple of drinks we headed for greener pastures! (Mattison's for dinner.)
Old Jun 26, 2009, 7:01 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Same Denver experience in March

I just read the review you mention, and I couldn't agree more (as I wrote in an earlier TA review in March). Very scant selection throughout the day. For example, in the morning there were only a few bagels and pieces of bread to toast. Cottage cheese and yogurt were served in tiny 4 oz cups (and left out for hours). There were about four plates with one pat of butter on each -- and when those were gone they weren't replaced. I only drank cold bottled water in the lounge but it was not openly available - I had to ask the club lounge concierge for it every time. I thought the quality of the food was excellent, but the choice and serving sizes were ridiculously limited. This left me wondering the same thing - have all the club lounges declined in F&B presentations, or is it just the Denver property (which, by the way, I found lacking in other respects)?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: spg delta
RC club level upgrade

Does anyone know how to score a club level upgrade at the RC naples golf?
Originally Posted by PHLflying
Could someone please reccomend a hotel on or very near the beach, not too far from RSW?

On the lower end of the $ scale would be good too (yes, I know that's relative/not easy to find in the area)

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.