Search

Manila

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2005, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Manila

Hello:

I need to stay 5 nghts in a 5* in Makati, Manila. Any recommendations? I see there is a MO and a Peninsula...
Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:10 pm

Programs: cathay pacific
Originally Posted by razflyer
Hello:

I need to stay 5 nghts in a 5* in Makati, Manila. Any recommendations? I see there is a MO and a Peninsula...

Hi, I was in Manilla in February. In my view the best place by far in Makati is the Shangri-La. For a little extra book a room on the Horizon Floor and enjoy breakfast and Drinks in the Horizon Club.(when I was there they ran out of Mumm champagne so they served Cristal instead!). The rooms are great for a city hotel, very good size, good beds and good lighting and high speed internet.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 6:54 am

Programs: QF Gold
The Peninsula gets my vote, an honourable mention to the Makati Shangri-La. I personally couldn't fault any aspect of the Pen, with the manicured gardens at the entrance particularly welcome in a city such as Manila with pollution rife. The Club Lounge is the best I've experienced.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:14 am

This particular M-O is a definite notch below the Pen and the Shangri-la.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Staying at the Horizon Club Shangri-La as we speak - it is indeed great, thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2005, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
I've only stayed at the Peninsula and I find it hard to believe there could be a better hotel. But this is Filipono hospitality so I could well be wrong. (I've only ever heard the Shangri-La be a real competitior.)
Old Jun 12, 2005, 6:39 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I've stayed at both the Shangri-La and the Peninsula. They are both good hotels with good service, but are of a different style. I think it comes down to personal taste.

The Peninsula is old-world, elegant with lovely traditional furnishings. However, the rooms are very slightly worn and it will soon be time for a refurbishment.

The Shangri-La is very modern feeling. Everything is spanking new, with lots of bright accent colors, newer lines and blonder woods. I agree the concierge level is excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.