Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Pens from Four Seasons

Pens from Four Seasons

Old Mar 3, 05, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Pens from Four Seasons

This is a silly question. If there is such a thing.

Last time I was through a Four Seasons hotel, I "borrowed" one of the pens from the room. It has become one of my favourite writing utensils! Where, do you think, I can buy some more -- or even have our company name printed on them?

The pen is slimline, shiny black, with silver accents and a twist top-half. It feels solid in your hand, and writes quite boldly. "Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts" is written on the side in white.

What can I say: it's a great pen. Without "borrowing" some more from Four Seasons, where can I get 'em? Any ideas?
Old Mar 3, 05, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
For what the Four Seasons charges for a room you shouldn't feel the least bit guilty about "borrowing" their pen. But, more importantly, I bet for the what the pen costs them they would love to have you running around using it for the next year and advertising their name on the pen.
Old Mar 3, 05, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm not struggling with guilt, but I would like to find out where I can get some of these pens to put our own brand on!
Old Mar 3, 05, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Try and track down someone in marketing for the chain and they should be able to connect you with their supplier.

My sister-in-law once decided she loved a chair she saw in an ad for wallpaper and after a lot of calling, found their ad agency, called the ad agency and found out who made the chair.
Old Mar 3, 05, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA MP, Marriot R
http://www.pens.com/pens/Products.as...struments&by=1

I don't think I see the exact pen your looking for (which are really good pens and would love to get ahold of) but i'm sure if you did some searching online you could easily find a place that has it. Be sure to let me know if you do!

Last edited by tokyotraveler; Mar 3, 05 at 8:50 pm
Old Mar 4, 05, 6:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I have that pen!

Originally Posted by JohnnyP

Last time I was through a Four Seasons hotel, I "borrowed" one of the pens from the room. It has become one of my favourite writing utensils! Where, do you think, I can buy some more -- or even have our company name printed on them?

The pen is slimline, shiny black, with silver accents and a twist top-half. It feels solid in your hand, and writes quite boldly. "Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts" is written on the side in white.

What can I say: it's a great pen. Without "borrowing" some more from Four Seasons, where can I get 'em? Any ideas?

I happen to have one of those Four Seasons pens right here on my desk as we speak. It's thin, 13.3 cm long, and actually closer to a dark steel blue than black. Is that the one for which you're looking?

If so, no clues as to the manufacturer except that it's somewhere in China. "China" is printed in small capital letters on one side of the clip. I tried twisting the thing apart to see if there was anything on the inside that would give you more information but the two halves of the pen just won't separate. Sorry.

I don't think you'd want my example of the Four Seasons pen. (Although if you ever pass through DFW it's yours for the taking!) It hasn't really worn all that well - I tend to fidget with pens during meetings and as such the clip is now pretty loose. Also the silver colored paint or polish on the clip part has smudged/delaminated/oxidized slightly...
Old Mar 4, 05, 10:47 pm

I can help!

Originally Posted by JohnnyP

Oh boy, oh boy, I can contribute something.
After much lurking, half missing the moderate travel that I used to do in my corporate days, and half loving the flexibility of not having to do it (because Mr. RiceTravel & I now have our own business with mostly local clients), this is something I can help with.

Promotional tools such as this are one of the things we often use to help our clients market their busines, and I'd be happy to track down and get this particular pen for you.

Can you scan the pen or take a digital photo of it? I'll try to PM you directly to work out the details.
Old Mar 6, 05, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold; US Air Silver; Amtrak Select Plus; Starwood Platinum; UA 1K; Aeroflot Bonus
It is possible to pull the pen apart. There is, unfortunately, no identifying mark inside and after disassemblng it, twisting my pen no longer results in the ball point emerging. (Not working after being taken apart happens alot to me).

If anyone would like a nonworking Four Seasons Pen, send me a PM. I can toss in working pens from the Mandarin Oriental NY (Very similar to Four Seansons) and the Phoenician.
Old Mar 7, 05, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by nyventurecapital
If anyone would like a nonworking Four Seasons Pen, send me a PM. I can toss in working pens from the Mandarin Oriental NY (Very similar to Four Seansons) and the Phoenician.
Thanks nyventurecapital, I will PM you to get the sample. I thought I knew which pen it might be, but if it isn't refillable then it must a different pen.
Old Mar 7, 05, 10:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I have a Four Seasons pen with a name George V on it. I "borrowed" it after my fantastic lunch at Le Cinq, only a few weeks after it was coronated with three Michelin stars!!!!
Old Aug 5, 11, 5:29 am

BIC

I am struggling. I want the same thing.
I love these pens and want my company logo on it.
So I called Four Seasons.
They finally told me BIC was the manufacturer.
Impossible to find a sale rep for business.
When I found one, they could not tell me the reference of the pen.
The weird thing is that Four Season does not buy the pen, they have a licensing deal as reseller.
Anyway, I did not solve this one yet.
Any help?
Old Aug 5, 11, 6:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I have some of the slim silver ones. You are right. They are nice pens. I can't find any marking on it though. I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.
Old Aug 5, 11, 10:14 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
oattia, welcome to FlyerTalk. As we now have a Luxury Hotel forum, I'll send this quite mature thread to it for further discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 5, 11, 1:00 pm

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
OP you have PM as i might be able to send you a replacement from my stash
Old Aug 5, 11, 2:41 pm

It's not a particularly strange request to contact the hotel and see if they have a box they would be willing to sell to you. If you're in residence, I'd be willing to bet that they would simply give them to you, depending on the actual amount you wanted.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: