Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Central Park goes condo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

I just read a small piece in New York magazine that the RCCP will be renovated into condos begining in January and will also be the future home of the next Le Cirque. I know there are condos on the top floors of the property but hadn't seen anywhere that the whole building was going condo. I did a search here and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know anything about this?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
If this report is accurate, what will happen to the outstanding 'Atlelier' restaurant?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
I just read a small piece in New York magazine that the RCCP will be renovated into condos begining in January and will also be the future home of the next Le Cirque. I know there are condos on the top floors of the property but hadn't seen anywhere that the whole building was going condo. I did a search here and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know anything about this?
Do you have the article about the condos? Please link it. That would be a very big surprise as it would:
1. Require breaking a long term lease with Ritz Carlton
2. Disrupt Ritz-Carlton long-planned and very successful re-entry into the Manhattan market
3. Require selling even more condos that havent sold since they went on the market in late 2001 (http://www.millenniumptrs.com/50cps/luxurycondos.html)

It just does not make sense to conver the whole hotel for so many reasons.

Regarding the restaurant:
Gabriel Kruthier left Atelier to open a new restuarant. Le Cirque's team is coming in. As of now, there has beenno announcement that they are going to re-brand the space...just a simple change of staff is all that has been indicated so far.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 4:12 am

The article actually says that some floors of the Plaza and the St. Regis will be turned into condos. There is no mention of the Ritz, which DrivingRain notes already has some condo floors.

On a side note, the old Ritz (which was most recently an Intercontinental) on CPS was recently closed and is in the process of being turned into an entirely residential building.

The article should be available on www.nymag.com. It's a half page write-up in the Real Estate section.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 1:33 pm

The Ritz-Carlton Central Park has always been part condo part hotel as are many luxury hotels in New York City including but not limited to the Waldorf Towers, The Carlyle (my former employer owned an appartment there for 20 years), Trump's Hotel, and the St. Regis. The Plaza Hotel will join this group sometime in the next 18 months.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jja34-1
On a side note, the old Ritz (which was most recently an Intercontinental) on CPS was recently closed and is in the process of being turned into an entirely residential building.
That's interesting, I hadn't heard.

The Intercontinental didn't do a very good job with it anyway. It was a nice 3* hotel, but certainly it wasn't a 4* that I would expect from from the Intercontinental.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by FredTheCatTravels
The Ritz-Carlton Central Park has always been part condo part hotel as are many luxury hotels in New York City including but not limited to the Waldorf Towers, The Carlyle (my former employer owned an appartment there for 20 years), Trump's Hotel, and the St. Regis. The Plaza Hotel will join this group sometime in the next 18 months.
Yes, as noted in prior posts they have been selling condos in the building since before it opened and will continue to do so...but there are no reported plans for expansion of condos and contraction of hotel rooms.

Important to note that the condos have a sperate entrance and are marketed under the name, "50 Central Park South", not RC-CP (though they certainly market the access to the RC-CP services.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
If you follow the link in DrivingRain's post (http://www.millenniumptrs.com/50cps/), you'll see that 50 CPS comprises just 12 condos on the top floor of the RC.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
If you follow the link in DrivingRain's post (http://www.millenniumptrs.com/50cps/), you'll see that 50 CPS comprises just 12 condos on the top floor of the RC.
Actually 12 condos on the top floorS (not floor) of the RC. I believe it is floors 23-33 that are comprised of the condos.

The units are 3,900-9,500 square feet each!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.