Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Aman Poll and Questions (up to end 2009)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aman Poll and Questions (up to end 2009)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2009, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

amanyara has a romance package now like amanpulo. 7 nts. only $100 per person per day for full board etc. amanpulo is $210 per person per day. amanpulo's "sunset cruise" and "secluded island" trip are probably the difference. has anyone inquired about full board without the other extras, or full board at other amanresorts where its not required/included?

through sept 30 amanjena is also offering full board with 4 nt min stay.

i seem to recall the FHR 4th nt free not applying to some properties, like aman-i-khas and amankora, but right now i see every asian property listed. perhaps at amankora you can even get private guide etc with 6 paid nts and 2 free nts.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 15, 2009 at 2:11 pm
Old Jun 15, 2009, 4:47 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Kagehitokiri: Is there a date through which the FHR 4th nt free is available for the Asian Amans? I'll be traveling to SE Asia next February . . . but I assume that's too far away to qualify for this 4th nt free rate.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

through sept 30

at amanyara >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://www.carrier.co.uk/ is now mentioning 5th nt free. wonder if it can combine. aman is only doing 7th nt free.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.elitetraveler.com/news_de...summer-safaris

Available through August 31, 2009, the Wildlife Experience includes four nights in one of Amangani's Superior Suites, continental breakfast each morning, airport transfers, a full-day guided expedition through the Jackson Hole Valley and onward to Yellowstone National Park (maximum four participants per vehicle) for $1,700 per person based on double occupancy. Two children under the age of twelve can stay with their parents at no charge (breakfast additional).
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

amantaka map - http://www.amanresorts.com/uploadedF...a%20map_LR.pdf
the aman [amantaka] location is marked in the center of this map. >
http://774766.vikara-architecture.com/site.html

satellite view of that location. >
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...9,0.00294&z=18
Old Jul 11, 2009, 12:52 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
We just returned from Dari, Wana and Nusa. (trip report soon!) Here are some rumors we picked up along the way.

- We got confirmation that only those projects that are currently under construction and/or near completion are being continued. Other new properties are on hold until the economy settles down. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer for Palau. And DLF is having their own issues.

- We can expect the following new openings this year but then there will be a lull: Utah, Montenegro, and a rural property in China. Am I forgetting any?

- The rural property in China has been described as spectacular. It's going to be run by Ian from Hotel Bora Bora.

- Which leads me to the saddest bit of news. It appears Hotel Bora Bora reconstruction is caught in the holding pattern.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:18 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Dear Ericka,

thanks for your interesting report! I allowed myself to copy your points into the "New Amanresorts" thread, where exactly these developments are discussed!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post12050697
Old Jul 11, 2009, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by deer
thanks for your interesting report! I allowed myself to copy your points into the "New Amanresorts" thread, where exactly these developments are discussed!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post12050697
Tut tut Ericka, have you been scolded?
I look forward to your report as I am really looking forward to our upcoming trip to wana, dari, jiwo and others.

The news on Bora Bora is quite a shock. Livio Ranza the manager from Bora Bora took over at aman Sveti Montenegro (Milocer) from Sunny Lusted who has moved to Amangiri.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.adoimagazine.com/newhome/...=4446&catid=24

great article
Old Jul 15, 2009, 4:21 pm

good link from kage. just signed up and a newbie.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by Ericka
We just returned from Dari, Wana and Nusa. (trip report soon!) Here are some rumors we picked up along the way.

- We got confirmation that only those projects that are currently under construction and/or near completion are being continued. Other new properties are on hold until the economy settles down. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer for Palau. And DLF is having their own issues.

- We can expect the following new openings this year but then there will be a lull: Utah, Montenegro, and a rural property in China. Am I forgetting any?

- The rural property in China has been described as spectacular. It's going to be run by Ian from Hotel Bora Bora.

- Which leads me to the saddest bit of news. It appears Hotel Bora Bora reconstruction is caught in the holding pattern.
Hangzhou is the next Aman in China so I was told by an Aman manager recently.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:07 am

Deleted post.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:09 am

Good article apart from the usual journalistic inaccuracies.

Zecha is NOT Dutch-Indonesian. He is half Czech.

The company DOES send out press releases, or at least 'newsletters' via e-mail and has discreet PR agencies that send out releases on new properties, although normally weeks or months after we all know about them!

The first 'generation of managers' are long gone (Henry & Char Gray, Anthony Lark, Guy & Tracy Heywood, Francois Richli) so this is obviously not a 'crucial challenge' today. Life goes on as normal and Aman finds new extraordinary couples and individuals to manage their resorts, and are they hotel virgins? No, decidedly not. Antony Treston, opening GM of The Aman Delhi is a hotel veteran. Robyn Bickson and Manav Garewal of Amanbagh, ran a Lodge in New Zealand.....don't believe all you read, Kage.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ericka
I don't know much about Hangzhou. While Hangzhou is obviously a city, is it possible the resort will be in a neighboring, country-like setting? On the other hand...maybe I heard the word "spectacular" and my mind automatically leaped to scenery/country/etc.
heres where 2 threads gets confusing sometimes

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Hangzhou is the latest Chinese destination to attract the high-end groups. Aman is scheduled for October 2009, probably with Sally Baughen as opening GM...Hangzhou is an extremely scenic location on the Yangtze, with stunning lake views and unspoilt scenery. As usual, Aman were keeping this one quiet.
http://job.veryeast.cn/Html/Company/...2155/index.htm
Amanresorts is now opening its second property in Hangzhou China that is owned by Zhaode Hangzhou Hotel Investment Co. LTD. Hangzhou is an extremely scenic location in the south China with stunning lake views and the numerous unspoilt sceneries. The new Aman in Hangzhou is a luxury resort adjacent to the iconic site and country’s famous Buddhism temple - Ling Yin. Reflecting traditional architecture in the south China, the resort also features a variety of dinning areas, a comprehensive spa and a range of recreational facilities.
vuittonsofstyle, i notice you occasionally copy/paste like the rest of us. could you give the source when you do?

re the article i linked, all i was interested in was the philosophy. re inaccuracies, if i had known, sure i would have been more "meh" but ive become pretty cynical about all mainstream media.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 16, 2009 at 7:16 am
Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:12 am

I tend to believe the staff are hotel virgins. But probably not the managers. Great article, though!

Welcome, amankarya!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.