Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Aman Poll and Questions (up to end 2009)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aman Poll and Questions (up to end 2009)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:12 am
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Centurion. Amanjunkie. AA & DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Gabatta
Would love some additional points of view on this question if anyone can offer advice on how long to stay at Amanpulo.

We will be spending 2 nights in London and 3 nights in Hong Kong on our way to MNL. We currently have 7 nights booked at Amanpulo, but are considering cutting that down by a night, and adding an additional night in Tokyo on the way back.
I agree with Ericka and would stay at Amanpulo for the 7 days rather than cut it short and stay in Toyko for one day. I guarantee you will regret the 6th day when you are leaving this paradise to go to Tokyo (which IMHO does not sound very exciting). If it was Hong Kong, maybe...and just maybe The days go fast doing nothing, believe it or not

I will be at Amanusa and Amankila next week. Nothing like going back home
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by plumbar
I agree with Ericka and would stay at Amanpulo for the 7 days rather than cut it short and stay in Toyko for one day. I guarantee you will regret the 6th day when you are leaving this paradise to go to Tokyo (which IMHO does not sound very exciting). If it was Hong Kong, maybe...and just maybe The days go fast doing nothing, believe it or not
Second that.

I will be at Amanusa and Amankila next week.
The more I deal with the idea of going to Amanusa this property starts growing on me. I had dinner there once and got a short but formidable suite tour afterwards but that was it of my own first hand impression though.

Might it be even better than my beloved Amankila ? Opinions ?
Old Nov 26, 2008, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by ngfan
Second that.

The more I deal with the idea of going to Amanusa this property starts growing on me. I had dinner there once and got a short but formidable suite tour afterwards but that was it of my own first hand impression though.

Might it be even better than my beloved Amankila ? Opinions ?

I was only at the Amanusa once about 8 years ago. Each time I went back to Bali, I repeatedly visited the Amankila (my favorite) and the Amandari. I remembered that I really enjoyed the Amanusa but for some reason I had skipped it on future visits and instead sprinkled in a Four Seasons or Bulgari. I am not so sure that it will be better than Amankila only because of the location. What I remembered about the rooms was that they were very impressive and nicer than both Amankila and Amandari. However, this time Aman has upgraded me to the Kilasari Pool Suite so the Amanusa pool suite room might have some stiff competition. Also, the architecture of Amanusa looked fabulous so I think it may mitigate the location near the touristy area of Bali.

I can give you a review upon my return.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
I really love Amankila. It's a true gem.

Only negatives during my stay at Kila were the occasional but nasty noise of those villa aircon generators and an uncomfortable bed mattress (which was quite annoying as so many average hotel chains now feature their own and usually very comfortable signature bed).

I found the room style at Amanusa more up-to-date than at Amankila, both decors were in superb condition though (same at Amanpulo btw).

I can give you a review upon my return.
Looking forward to it. ^
Old Nov 26, 2008, 4:55 pm

Programs: some
Loved Amanusa. The food was very good and we had a wonderful pool villa (upgraded from standard room). The views, although fine, are not really spectacular and I don't like the golf court next door - this loses it points in my book but other than that it was fantastic. The service, the room, the public spaces. Loved it.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Amanusa is great, especially the pool. I love the high wall next to it, which gave us the impression we were swimming next to a fortress! The beach is nice too, though not as private as Amankila as it is next door to some large resorts and occasionally we did see guests from those hotels walk through the beach. There is also a buggy ride from the resort to the beach club. The rooms are great though, and I remember particularly enjoying the outdoor shower.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Fliar
Loved Amanusa. The food was very good and we had a wonderful pool villa (upgraded from standard room). The views, although fine, are not really spectacular and I don't like the golf court next door - this loses it points in my book but other than that it was fantastic. The service, the room, the public spaces. Loved it.
That is exactly how I remembered Amanusa!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Amanjunkie
Amanusa is great, especially the pool. I love the high wall next to it, which gave us the impression we were swimming next to a fortress! The beach is nice too, though not as private as Amankila as it is next door to some large resorts and occasionally we did see guests from those hotels walk through the beach. There is also a buggy ride from the resort to the beach club. The rooms are great though, and I remember particularly enjoying the outdoor shower.
Agreed. It seems like everyone is one the same page with Amanusa. So, it is a personal choice as to what is more important...overall facility or location!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 7:03 am

http://carrier.co.uk/#/accommodation/422
Old Dec 4, 2008, 8:43 am

Aman beds

Originally Posted by ngfan
I really love Amankila. It's a true gem.

Only negatives during my stay at Kila were the occasional but nasty noise of those villa aircon generators and an uncomfortable bed mattress (which was quite annoying as so many average hotel chains now feature their own and usually very comfortable signature bed).

I found the room style at Amanusa more up-to-date than at Amankila, both decors were in superb condition though (same at Amanpulo btw).

Looking forward to it. ^
If you cannot stand the hard Aman beds, just request a mattress topper when you book - it makes a world of difference.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hubertus
amantaka info ^
Old Dec 4, 2008, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Hubertus

Thank You Hubertus.
Does anyone know when Amantaka is scheduled to open?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by paul2
Thank You Hubertus.
Does anyone know when Amantaka is scheduled to open?
It's all gone very quiet, so I presume it is delayed in true Aman style. Was meant to be January, but no chance now. Let's start hoping for Spring.....
Old Dec 5, 2008, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
It's all gone very quiet, so I presume it is delayed in true Aman style. Was meant to be January, but no chance now. Let's start hoping for Spring.....
Thanks Vuittons.
Is there any update on New Delhi?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

from other aman thread >
Originally Posted by jkirk
For those keeping track ... Aman Central is now projecting February at the earliest for opening of the Aman New Delhi.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 5, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.