Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Bujr Al Arab Dubai

Has anyone tried this hotel before?
What are the specialties

What type of amenties do they provide?

How does the Butler service work?

How much will it cost?? I heard that people in HKG can special deals (only around 3000HKG per night??)

Also what activities can you do?

What is there to do around there?

Also is it safe to go there?
Old Aug 6, 04, 8:33 am

I did not stay the night, but did the tourist thing last time I was in Dubai, and got a pretty good tour of the property for free because of some local connections of mine.

I was very impressed... needless to say it's very opulent, but you have no idea how opulent it is until you actually walk in a check out the rooms. The travel channel had an hour-long documentary on the hotel some time ago that did pretty good justice to this property.

Anyways, I think every room is two-levels, and faces the sea. Amenities abound (even a laptop computer is provided). There is a concierge on every floor. The views are just incredible for everywhere in the hotel. They have an awesome bar on the highest level.

You will spend some serious dough there. The guy who gave me the tour said rooms sometimes go down to $600 US per night, so I guess that's a decent deal. I wouldn't want to see the room service charges though... You will definitely get to see high-society there... The sultan of brunei's daughter has a whole floor to herself in the Burj.

The hotel is really far from downtown Dubai. Unless you will be working in the Internet or Media city, the hotel will be too far... The area is a little deserted, but it felt safe. If your question was "Is it safe in Dubai overall", then the answer is yes, very much... They love (or pretend to love) Americans with their American Dollars...

The beach is pretty nice, but gets way too hot in the summer. No hotties running around in bikinis in Dubai though...

Other closeby attractions to the hotel: there is a cool water park (Wild Wadi), and the Jumeirah Beach hotel (also a superb place) next door.

Originally Posted by newcx12345
Has anyone tried this hotel before?
What are the specialties

What type of amenties do they provide?

How does the Butler service work?

How much will it cost?? I heard that people in HKG can special deals (only around 3000HKG per night??)

Also what activities can you do?

What is there to do around there?

Also is it safe to go there?
Old Aug 6, 04, 9:44 am

Programs: AmEx Plat, VS AG, SPG Gold, Priority Club/IHG Plat Ambassador, HHon Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
If you haven't already done so have a look at their website http://www.burj-al-arab.com/ there is plenty of info and some great 360 pics.

Bazz.
Still Flying.
www.v-flyer.com
Old Aug 6, 04, 1:20 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
There's also quite a bit of information in the archives for this forum on the Burj with some detailed descriptions of the rooms. Just search for Burj.
Old Aug 6, 04, 6:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks

I actually being to the hotel iteself (Not stayed there) earlier in the year. and had dinner at the restaurant on the top level. It does look pretty impressive from the outside (Although you do have to pay an ENTRANCE FEE to get into the hotel)

I was wondering should I stay at the Bujr or the Ritz Carlton or the other properties that are in the FHR?
Old Aug 7, 04, 12:32 am

Don't waste your money on the Burj. I have stayed there as well as the Ritz Carlton. I absolutely loved the Ritz Carlton!

You can take a look at the room I had in December. Burj photos

The butler really didn't do that much except for explain how things worked in the room and make reservations for you at the spa and restaurants. I asked him to get me a copy of the menu at the Italian restaurant at the Jumeirah Beach hotel and it was like pulling teeth! It took him almost two hours. I could have walked over there and gotten it myself. I did pay extra for the butler to run me a bath. What a waste. The Burj has a dirty little secret when it comes to the plumbing. There was alot of sand which started floating around in my bubble bath. I rang for the butler who had no explaination of why my bath was turning into a dirty sand bath. The next morning my butler told me that the general manager wanted to meet with me. Ultimately he arrived and told me that they were aware of this problem and that the engineers and contracters were trying to solve the problem, however this will prove to be a difficult challenge due to the enormity of the hotel. They did take the cost of the bath off my bill.
Old Aug 7, 04, 3:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Oh No. I would be Pis5ed if I paid 1200USD and received this ordinary service and the problems with PLUMBING! They should've at least offered you some compensation!

So should I still stay there??

Also how much do you think it will cost per night during Dec 20 ish

Also how strict are they on Early Checkin and Late Checkout.

They said on the homepage that Early checkin = 100% Charge? What does that mean????

Can someone please list out any alternative hotels?
Old Aug 7, 04, 4:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Oh No. I would be Pis5ed if I paid 1200USD and received this ordinary service and the problems with PLUMBING! They should've at least offered you some compensation!

So should I still stay there??

Also how much do you think it will cost per night during Dec 20 ish

Also how strict are they on Early Checkin and Late Checkout.

They said on the homepage that Early checkin = 100% Charge? What does that mean????

Can someone please list out any alternative hotels?
Old Aug 9, 04, 4:28 am

Programs: AmEx Plat, VS AG, SPG Gold, Priority Club/IHG Plat Ambassador, HHon Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Diana, thanks for the link, some nice pics in your albums ^

Bazz.
Still Flying.
www.v-flyer.com

Search this Thread
Search Engine: