Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toiletries at Four Seasons Hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2004, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Places I know with Hermes:
    Bury al Arab in Dubai also provides Hermes amenities.
    Old May 27, 2004, 9:56 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
    Penhaligons

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
    My two personal favorites are Hermes and Penhaligon (Blenheim fragrance, please). The only place I've stayed that used Penhaligon was Inverlochy Castle in Scotland.
    The last time we stayed at the Louis C. Jacob in Hamburg they used Penhaligon products. In the SPA you did have the choice between Penhaligon and Royal Spa.

BTW: has anyone else stayed at this hotel in HAM? It`s well known, especially for the "Lindenterrasse".

Last edited by Frequent_Flyer1; May 27, 2004 at 10:01 am
    Old May 27, 2004, 10:00 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
    Four Seasons in Lisbon

At my last stay at the FS in Lisbon I got L'Occitane and Bulgari amenities. I liked the L'Occitane ones so much, that I am now regular costumer in their shops in Zürich and Munich too.
    Old May 27, 2004, 10:11 am
    Community Director Emerita

Great tip on Penhaligon store in London

Originally Posted by luxury
    BTW, the original shoppe in Wellington Street in Covent Garden is quite nice.
    luxury, thank you for that tip. I had no idea that Penhaligon had a London outlet other than the one in the Burlington Arcade. I stayed at the Waldorf on Monday night, and Penhaligons was just a 2 block walk away. It has a larger selection, and a better layout (more room!) than the Arcade shop. I came home with a candle that has a lovely hamam fragrance. I'll definitely return.
    Old May 27, 2004, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
    Not really a super luxury hotel...but I was impressed that the executive level room as the Renaissance Chancery Court in London had Penhaligon's Quercus line of products. QUOTE=SanDiego1K]OT for Four Seasons, but what brand of amenities say luxury to you? My two personal favorites are Hermes and Penhaligon (Blenheim fragrance, please). The only place I've stayed that used Penhaligon was Inverlochy Castle in Scotland. I've since bought the toiletries at the Burlington Arcade in London. A few places have Hermes; I always consider it a treat.

Molton Brown is waaaaaaay too overused, and I tend not to be impressed by the self branded stuff some high end places use.[/QUOTE]
    Old May 27, 2004, 11:53 am
    Original Poster
    Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
    SanDiego1K, you are welcome!! I go to school in the area so I am a frequent visitor (read: shopper) at the store. The window displays change with the seasons and the Valentines and Christmas window displays are really nice.

The sales there are even better -- can get Blenheim bouquet soap (2" round) for £1 each and other goodies, including leathergoods for really good prices.

I have been informed that the Four Seasons Singapore use L'Occitaine and Four Seasons Toronto as well. However, at the Toronto property, if you request Bulgari they will provide it also.

The Executive Floor at the Hilton Lyon also stocked the bathrooms with Bulgari toiletries.
    Old May 28, 2004, 11:55 am

FS Prague, standard room = L'Occitane
    Old Jun 3, 2004, 8:02 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
    Originally Posted by Ericka
    Always Bulgari Vert....which is a shame, because I like Blu much better.
    Oh, great, there's more than just the Vert? Some help you are, Erika, now I have to go and try it!

I'm not a bit fan of l'Occitane at FS, so I just ask at the front desk when checking in--they always seem to find some Bulgari for me.

Mike
    Old Jun 3, 2004, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
    Oh, great, there's more than just the Vert? ...
    You might also want to check out the Bvlgari Black - bit more masculine scent.
    Old Jun 3, 2004, 10:13 am
    Original Poster
    Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
    Originally Posted by wideman
    You might also want to check out the Bvlgari Black - bit more masculine scent.
    The last time I was in a Bulgari boutique they also had Eau de The Blanc -- it smells virtually the same as The Vert, but perhaps, a little sweeter. I have 3 of them, Eau de The Vert, Blu, and Black-- very nice!!!

I believe FS Bangkok uses a local Thai company for their toiletries. Anone ever received Gilchrest and Soames toiletries anywhere?
    Old Jun 3, 2004, 10:33 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
    Originally Posted by DrivingRain
    When I saw this topic name I thought that it would be asking why Four Seasons has cut back so much on these amenities as I have been very disappointed in its recent amenity selection.

In Chicago and Austin very recently (on multiple occasions) all that was there was in a suite or regular room:

Soap
    Lotion
    Shampoo
    Conditioner

No mouthwash, no q-tips, no cotton balls, no sewing kits, no shoe horn, no razor, no shaving cream, no toothbrush, no toothpaste, no shower cap etc., etc. As I had mentioned in a previous post, when I called down for a few extra items they acted like I was asking for their first born.
    Same experience here at a FS Singapore superior room stay last year.
    Old Jun 3, 2004, 3:58 pm

Does anyone know what kind of toiletries the Las Ventanas Al Paraiso has?

Thankyou.
    Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:56 am
    Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
    Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
    Anone ever received Gilchrest and Soames toiletries anywhere?
    Yes, Radissons in London and the Melrose-affiliated hotel in New York.
    Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:20 pm

I believe FS Bangkok uses a local Thai company for their toiletries. Anone ever received Gilchrest and Soames toiletries anywhere?
    I've had Gilchrest and Soames toiletries in several hotels, mainly in Asia. They tend to range from poor to decent quality, in terms of the scent, packaging and the actual product quality. They just come across cheap and generic to me.

A note on toiletries in Thailand hotels. I've stayed at many of the top BKK hotels, and their toiletries seem to be locally sourced (probably due to price constraints) and an imitation/approximation of some unfamiliar name brand, at least to many Americans, as some of them say 'purveyor to his majesty' or something like that.

For instance, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and The Sukhothai both have very average toiletries with British-sounding brands that are locally produced and packaged. Shangri-La has generic imitation Aigner (Island Shangri-La in HK has the real thing). Grand Hyatt has awful house brand stuff. Banyan Tree has generic unbranded but nice (spa) smelling stuff. Now apparently FS has the unremarkable-at-best Gilchrest and Soames... (Same thing in Beijing: St. Regis Beijing has local imitation toiletries with a British brand in a similar packaging as the real Bijan toiletries that St. Regis NY uses.)

I can understand they source locally wherever possible for cost containment. However, given their US$100-200 (discounted) room rates and their low labor cost, you'd think they don't need to economize too much on little things like toiletries, which obviously impact branding.

Last edited by sfvoyage; Jun 4, 2004 at 9:24 pm Reason: correction
    Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
    Lady Primrose

The St. Regis hotels including NY, London, Washington use Lady Primrose. NY uses a what they call a celadon scent, London honey/almond:-), and Washington I've only seen honey, no almond. I wonder if the FS's discontinued use of the Bulgari products has something to do with Bulgari's (Marriott managed) own recent hotel branding? Maybe Ritz will start carrying Bulgari...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.