Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: AARP
Junior suite, St. James Club, Paris
Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: Leaders Club, Small Luxury Hotels Club, Starwood Gold ,Marriott Gold, Pestana Elite.
Large suite at the Ritz Paris. Just amazing!
Old Apr 15, 2007, 3:09 pm

The Amankila suite : two bedrooms with a massive seafront terrace with a large pool and two bales

The Royal villa at Four Seasons Jimbaran : two bedrooms and a butler/securtiy staff bedroom. huge open plan living/dining area, jacuzzi, small cold plunge pool just outside the private sauna, medium sized swimming pool (not the regular plunge pool) 7,000 square feet of living space.

Amanpuri : 3 bed ocean villa. actually these vast compounds are typical aman, understated luxury. the garden villas are just as nice and have partial seaviews .

Rayavadee: 3 bed phranang villa with huge beachfront (albeit, busy beach during the mid day period) medium swimming pool and fantastic butler (aman standard)

Amanjiwo: stayed at a pool suite, but it really doesnt matter. all suites are beautiful and with fantastic terrace and views. the semi circular design of the resort means that most pavillions have a wonderful view and the sounds from the nearby villages while bathing in the beautiful bath in the garden is mesmerising. Unfortunately the Dalem Jiwo Suite has not been available on any of my visits but if it was.....

Last edited by Pauldublin; Apr 15, 2007 at 4:13 pm
Old Apr 24, 2007, 1:51 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Platinum, Amex Centurion HHonors Gold, Lifetime AA Admirals Club
Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Hotel Eden, Rome : Top floor corner one bedroom suite, with two balconys. Long marble foyer to enter. Long hallway to bath from bedroom with several closets, Huge marble bath. Heavenly.

Gritti Palace, Venice : One bedroom suite with a view of the Grand Canal, beautiful painted furniture, the most generous and fragrant fruit plate in the room I have ever seen, huge marble bath.

Excelsior Hotel, Florence: One bedroom suite with two balconys overlooking the Arno River, beautiful chandeliers, generous closets.

St. Regis Hotel, San Francisco, Huge one bedroom suite with two baths, ultra contemporary decor, great city views, loved the dark wood floors, plasma tvs on the walls, an interesting change from ' old world ' furnishings.

Most Over Rated and Disappointing hotel suite : newly refurbished Park Hyatt, Washington, D.C. : Contemporary decor, ultra hard and uncomfortable sofa and chairs, terrible/ dreadful lighting thruout the suite. Very odd shaker/asian/contemporary furnishings. Wonderful rain shower in bath, but terrible storage -- I would never stay there again.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by 777Lover2
Most Over Rated and Disappointing hotel suite : newly refurbished Park Hyatt, Washington, D.C. : Contemporary decor, ultra hard and uncomfortable sofa and chairs, terrible/ dreadful lighting thruout the suite. Very odd shaker/asian/contemporary furnishings. Wonderful rain shower in bath, but terrible storage -- I would never stay there again.
Thats good to know. Thank you
Old Apr 25, 2007, 1:22 am

All different but all wonderful:

Diplomat Suites - Park Hyatt Seoul, Park Hyatt Tokyo, Park Hyatt Melbourne
Seaview Villas - Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay
Ritz London Suite
Diplomat Suite - Palazzo Sasso
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:41 am

Programs: LH, SPG, HHonors, MR
One Aldwych London: Executive corner suite.
I love this hotel.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 5:46 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Best suites:

Peninsula Hong Kong with a view of the harbour
Ritz Residences with a view of Petronas Tower Kuala Lumpur
Sunway Villa Kuala Lumpur
Hiiragiya Ryokan, Kyoto
Villa Sungai Bali

Best room:

Ciragan Palace with a view of the Bosphorus
Oriental Bangkok with river views
Victoria Falls Hotel with a view of Victoria Falls
Old May 3, 2007, 11:31 am

1-bedroom suite at the Banff Springs. Private balcony, spa tub, dining room with an incredible view of the mountains, soothed to sleep hearing the Bow river in the background....
Old May 3, 2007, 3:29 pm

1) Private Pool Suite at La Casa Que Canta, Zihuatanejo, Mexico--pure bliss!

2) 1-Bedroom Suite at Four Seasons Cairo at the First Residence--amazing view of the pyramids and zoo
Old May 3, 2007, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kissthecook
1) Private Pool Suite at La Casa Que Canta, Zihuatanejo, Mexico--pure bliss!

2) 1-Bedroom Suite at Four Seasons Cairo at the First Residence--amazing view of the pyramids and zoo
welcome to FT
Old May 3, 2007, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by 777Lover2
St. Regis Hotel, San Francisco, Huge one bedroom suite with two baths, ultra contemporary decor, great city views, loved the dark wood floors, plasma tvs on the walls, an interesting change from ' old world ' furnishings.
I love the St. Regis SFO. And with SPG50's, its pretty damn cheap.

Grandy Hyatt Shanghai: Presidential Suite. Highest hotel room in the world, as far as I know.

St. Regis NYC: Madison Suite. Accidentally let the water run in the tub and flooded the whole place up.
Old May 3, 2007, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhd87
Grandy Hyatt Shanghai: Presidential Suite. Highest hotel room in the world, as far as I know.
id imagine the chairman suite is on a higher floor
Old May 3, 2007, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
id imagine the chairman suite is on a higher floor
Me thinks not, but I could be wrong. There were only maybe 4-5 rooms on this floor; it was the top floor of the hotel other then the restaurants. Each Presidential, and I also imagine Chairman suite, had optional connecting rooms.

It was still uber- .
Old May 3, 2007, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wonder where they put it then..

the chairman suite is 277m2 compared to presidential at 175m2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.