Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Lux hotels in Polynesia?

Lux hotels in Polynesia?

Old Dec 30, 03, 10:49 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Medford, OR
Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
Posts: 588
Lux hotels in Polynesia?

I'm planning a vist to the S. Pacific and a great hotel can go along way to making a decision on a destination. Love excellent service, super food, nice bar and interesting people to watch and talk to.
Any suggestions....?

------------------
UA-GS/1K (M-M)-AA/DL/UA
Hilton Diamond, Starwood Plt.
UA1kMFR is offline  
Old Dec 30, 03, 1:02 pm
  #2  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Switzerland/Atlanta,GA
Programs: Executive Club Gold/Frequence Plus Red
Posts: 1,756
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA1kMFR:
I'm planning a vist to the S. Pacific and a great hotel can go along way to making a decision on a destination. Love excellent service, super food, nice bar and interesting people to watch and talk to.
Any suggestions....?

</font>
I take it money is no concern. If this is the case, here some personal preferences:

-Tahiti: Beachcomber Intercontinental Resort
-Moorea: Sheraton Moorea Lagoon Resort ( probably one of the best if you take a bungalow)
-Bora Bora Nui Resort, absolutely fabulous

Beware, those are expensive.

Any other places you plan to go to?

Let me know, I love the South Pacific and take off whenever I've got a few days off.
South Pacific is big, I cannot give you a whole list, just tell me where you'd like to go, I'll tell you then. Tell also what you are ready to spend per night, otherwise I might send you to the wrong places...

magexpect is offline  
Old Dec 30, 03, 1:25 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: CLE,OH
Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Gold, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, SWDgold, Choicepl, HYgld
Posts: 1,398
Only one place Hotel Bora Bora! Get an over water bungalow.
www.amanresorts.com
Once you stay Aman nothing compares!
coplatua1k is offline  
Old Dec 30, 03, 2:43 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Medford, OR
Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
Posts: 588
Mag--you are correct, money is not the issue, comfort and ease.....
thanks

------------------
UA-GS/1K (M-M)-AA/DL/UA
Hilton Diamond, Starwood Plt.
UA1kMFR is offline  
Old Dec 30, 03, 3:23 pm
  #5  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Switzerland/Atlanta,GA
Programs: Executive Club Gold/Frequence Plus Red
Posts: 1,756
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA1kMFR:
Mag--you are correct, money is not the issue, comfort and ease.....
thanks

</font>
It was a pleasure. Have a good time.

By the way all these places have homepages.
magexpect is offline  
Old Dec 30, 03, 4:09 pm
  #6  
In Memoriam, Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 6,879
Can anyone offer a direct comparasion bewteen Hotel Bora Bora and the Bora Bora Nui (Starwood)?

Thanks.
auh2o is offline  
Old Dec 30, 03, 5:37 pm
  #7  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: USA
Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Posts: 15,249
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:
Can anyone offer a direct comparasion bewteen Hotel Bora Bora and the Bora Bora Nui (Starwood)?
</font>
Have you checked the boards at www.tahiti-explorer.com ? Tons of info and trip reports there.
cactuspete is offline  
Old Dec 30, 03, 6:18 pm
  #8  
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Posts: 3,248
I second the vote for the Hotel Bora Bora!!!! Though, to be honest there are newer properties on the island that could be nice. I'd say Bora Bora is definitely your best shot for an upscale accomodation.
Ericka is offline  
Old Jul 11, 18, 9:03 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ORD
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 16,567
Originally Posted by magexpect View Post
I take it money is no concern. If this is the case, here some personal preferences:

-Tahiti: Beachcomber Intercontinental Resort
-Moorea: Sheraton Moorea Lagoon Resort ( probably one of the best if you take a bungalow)
-Bora Bora Nui Resort, absolutely fabulous

Beware, those are expensive.

Any other places you plan to go to?

Let me know, I love the South Pacific and take off whenever I've got a few days off.
South Pacific is big, I cannot give you a whole list, just tell me where you'd like to go, I'll tell you then. Tell also what you are ready to spend per night, otherwise I might send you to the wrong places...
Just FYI. We had a IC Papeete (aka Beachcomber) bungalow reserved in November, and our TA just informed us that they won't be ready on time, I think he said not before the end of the year (but I may be wrong). Major bummer. We don't have time to go off island this trip and the bungalows at the Meridien are also closed for construction.
milepig is offline  
Old Jul 11, 18, 12:01 pm
  #10  
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,604
I am closing this 15 year old thread. There are more recent, current threads which discuss luxury hotels in Polynesia
Obscure2k
Moderator
Luxury Hotels and Travel
bhrubin likes this.
obscure2k is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: