FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Lux hotels in Polynesia? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/304625-lux-hotels-polynesia.html)

UA1kMFR Dec 30, 03 10:49 am

Lux hotels in Polynesia?

I'm planning a vist to the S. Pacific and a great hotel can go along way to making a decision on a destination. Love excellent service, super food, nice bar and interesting people to watch and talk to.
Any suggestions....?

------------------
UA-GS/1K (M-M)-AA/DL/UA
Hilton Diamond, Starwood Plt.

magexpect Dec 30, 03 1:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA1kMFR:
I'm planning a vist to the S. Pacific and a great hotel can go along way to making a decision on a destination. Love excellent service, super food, nice bar and interesting people to watch and talk to.
Any suggestions....?

</font>
I take it money is no concern. If this is the case, here some personal preferences:

-Tahiti: Beachcomber Intercontinental Resort
-Moorea: Sheraton Moorea Lagoon Resort ( probably one of the best if you take a bungalow)
-Bora Bora Nui Resort, absolutely fabulous

Beware, those are expensive.

Any other places you plan to go to?

Let me know, I love the South Pacific and take off whenever I've got a few days off.
South Pacific is big, I cannot give you a whole list, just tell me where you'd like to go, I'll tell you then. Tell also what you are ready to spend per night, otherwise I might send you to the wrong places...

coplatua1k Dec 30, 03 1:25 pm

Only one place Hotel Bora Bora! Get an over water bungalow.
www.amanresorts.com
Once you stay Aman nothing compares!

UA1kMFR Dec 30, 03 2:43 pm

Mag--you are correct, money is not the issue, comfort and ease.....
thanks

------------------
UA-GS/1K (M-M)-AA/DL/UA
Hilton Diamond, Starwood Plt.

magexpect Dec 30, 03 3:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA1kMFR:
Mag--you are correct, money is not the issue, comfort and ease.....
thanks

</font>
It was a pleasure. Have a good time.

By the way all these places have homepages.

auh2o Dec 30, 03 4:09 pm

Can anyone offer a direct comparasion bewteen Hotel Bora Bora and the Bora Bora Nui (Starwood)?

Thanks.

cactuspete Dec 30, 03 5:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:
Can anyone offer a direct comparasion bewteen Hotel Bora Bora and the Bora Bora Nui (Starwood)?
</font>
Have you checked the boards at www.tahiti-explorer.com ? Tons of info and trip reports there.

Ericka Dec 30, 03 6:18 pm

I second the vote for the Hotel Bora Bora!!!! Though, to be honest there are newer properties on the island that could be nice. I'd say Bora Bora is definitely your best shot for an upscale accomodation.

milepig Jul 11, 18 9:03 am

Originally Posted by magexpect (Post 2678122)
I take it money is no concern. If this is the case, here some personal preferences:

-Tahiti: Beachcomber Intercontinental Resort
-Moorea: Sheraton Moorea Lagoon Resort ( probably one of the best if you take a bungalow)
-Bora Bora Nui Resort, absolutely fabulous

Beware, those are expensive.

Any other places you plan to go to?

Let me know, I love the South Pacific and take off whenever I've got a few days off.
South Pacific is big, I cannot give you a whole list, just tell me where you'd like to go, I'll tell you then. Tell also what you are ready to spend per night, otherwise I might send you to the wrong places...

Just FYI. We had a IC Papeete (aka Beachcomber) bungalow reserved in November, and our TA just informed us that they won't be ready on time, I think he said not before the end of the year (but I may be wrong). Major bummer. We don't have time to go off island this trip and the bungalows at the Meridien are also closed for construction.

obscure2k Jul 11, 18 12:01 pm

I am closing this 15 year old thread. There are more recent, current threads which discuss luxury hotels in Polynesia
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels and Travel