Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Any Suggestions on Lux Hotels in Tunisia?

Old Nov 30, 03, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Have you stayed in a luxury hotel or spa in Tunis? I'm planning to travel there and would really welcome any tips. Maybe you know where to stay or know of good deals?
Old Dec 17, 03, 8:09 am

I stayed at The Residence near Tunis a few years ago just after it opened.Didn't like it at all....small rooms with bad soundproofing ( we could hear housekeeping every morning at 7 a.m.), service was abysmal at the restaurants, food was average to put it nicely and the spa wasn't impressive at all.It is surrounded by package type hotels on a very average beach.I would not go go back even if they paid me for it.
Old Dec 21, 03, 4:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Executive Club Gold/Frequence Plus Red
Here a few address that my help:

www.hilton.com/hotels/

http://www.abounawas.com.tn

www.hotelinfoplus.com

LA MAISON BLANCHE
45 Avenue MOHAMMED V
1002 TUNIS
Tel : (71) 849 849
Fax : (71) 793 842

http://www.corinthia.com/khamsa

http:// www.lepalace.com.tn
Old Oct 11, 09, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Anyone have any recent experiences in Tunisia? Looking for someplace nice for a weekend break next month!
Old Oct 12, 09, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: mosttraveledpeople.com
No real "luxury" in Tunisia.

The following list may be the closest to an upscale trip through Tunisia:

The Residence, Tunis

Hotel Dar Said, Sidi Bou Said

Radisson Resort & Thalasso, Djerba

Pansea Khsar Ghilane Desert Camp
Old Oct 12, 09, 11:00 am

Programs: AF/KLM LTP| Emirates Gold |InterContinental Spire RA |A Club Gold |AMEX Plat| Visa Plat |Hertz P
Villa Didon in Carthage has been designed by an architect who is a friend of mine.
But I have to confess that I did not stay at this property

(the concept was not to have a pool, which sounds a bit weird for me, and the Spoon restaurant by Ducasse is now closed)
Old Oct 13, 09, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by BobbySteel View Post
Anyone have any recent experiences in Tunisia? Looking for someplace nice for a weekend break next month!
Personally, In would go elsewhere. There is nowhere, IMHO, that is of a Luxury level. The Residence is, at best, a 4-star. Morrocco is in an entirely different league, quality-wise.
Old May 14, 19, 2:31 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
I realise that the most recent post in this thread is about 10 years old, but has anyone been to Tunisia recently ?

I see there is an FS in Tunis which may not have to be amazing to be the best in town or are there other contenders ?

How about recommendations on which other areas to visit in the country and where to stay etc ? What's the best choice in Kairouan ?

Cheers
Old May 14, 19, 7:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I stayed at the FS in Tunis last year and really enjoyed my stay.
The hardware is fantastic and service was for the most part excellent. (poolside restaurant excepted)

The security is top notch too, which my gf had been a little concerned about prior to our visit, given recent history.

Most impressive was the fact that senior staff were actively seeking feedback and looking to address any issues asap, during the stay if possible.
Old May 14, 19, 9:24 am

Anantara Tozeur opens at the end of the year.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old May 14, 19, 11:24 am

We spent some time in Northern Tunisia about a month ago.

In terms of luxury, only the Four Seasons would qualify, and rates are outstanding - we had a wonderful suite for a great rate, excellent QPR. I'll echo the comments on service, and we had a private dinner chef Omar organized for us which was fantastic as well.

Though not luxury at all, I do have some recommendations I could provide (perhaps via PM) should you be interested, elsewhere.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 11:29 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Anantara Tozeur opens at the end of the year.
Looks like these guys are aiming high, keen to see initial reports.

https://t24.tn/en/post/Anantara-Toze...s-in-the-world
Old Jun 16, 20, 8:13 pm

This is a long shot (the resort hadn't been open long before Covid-19 shut our travels down) but does anyone have experience at (or for the TA's here, client feedback from) Anantara Tozeur? Bored and daydreaming/planning a future trip, Tunisia looks wonderful (also looking into a combined trip with Algeria, but I digress).

Accommodations @ Anantara look great, minimalist and blending into surrounding desert. Entry rooms are very cheap ($150/night), Pool Villas reasonable too ($700/night). Unfortunately no Virtuoso partnership, seeing as upgrade on arrival would have tremendous value here.

One thing I'm curious about is activities. Solid offering (4x4 Desert Safari, Camel Trekking, 14th-century village visit, Chott el Djerid Salt Flat excursion) but website says nothing about price, and I was unsuccessful in Googling for a price sheet. At price point I'm not expecting activities to be included, but I sure hope they aren't charging through the roof for activities given low room rate. $150 or even $700/night isn't so sweet when it costs hundreds extra per person for a desert excursion. Possibly TA's here may have access to price lists us mere plebeians don't. TYIA.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: