Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Tamarindo vs One & Only Mandarina

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Four Seasons Tamarindo vs One & Only Mandarina

Any thoughts on which of these two resorts are better. They seem a bit more buzzy than Auberge's Surros del Corazon. I very much enjoy Las Ventanas, but wanted to try something diffeerent.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 9:22 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
If the air works for you to get to Tamarindo..... I would do that.
The lack of air lift is making resort occupancy levels low, which provides for great upgrades and well you get more of the place to yourself.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 10:13 am

I enjoyed O & O Mandarina. It was a unique jungle setting. Their actual beach was a bit small to me. But, now I hear you have access to a huge beach that will be the future Rosewood. Plus, their three pools are a nice place to be. I will definitely go back when the Rosewood is open, as it gives more options. I loved the tree house, but it gives more of a "ocean front" vibe, versus being on the actual beach.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
The other thing to keep in mind is that O&O is very spread out with a ton of hills and narrow roads. It makes it basically necessary to take buggys everywhere - and my wife and I would always prefer to walk if possible.
Based on pictures, it looks like the FS has rooms that are much more conveniently located, but I am not 100% sure here.

One other note - we loved the food at O&O, but we heard that during off times not all of the restaurants are open, which would be unfortunate if true as it was nice to have a change of scenery during a week-long stay.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Does anyone know which cities are serving the Tamarindo airport?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Valveking
I can recommend flightsfrom.com to find out.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:16 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by Valveking
The airport in Manzanillo ZLO. There was some discussion on this in the FS Tamarindo thread. The only year round daily flights are through MEX on AM only (no LCCs)

There are seasonal flights to IAH, PHX and DFW one or two days a week. AS seems to have a year round flight from LAX a day or two a week.

I was looking to get from the east coast to there in May and the only flights I could find were through MEX any day of the week. In the end a pretty difficult place to get to from anywhere other than MEX as you would need to line up your schedule with the airline schedules to get any non stop flights from the states.

Last edited by A4K; Mar 22, 2023 at 2:24 pm
Old Mar 22, 2023, 10:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I’m very interested in Four Seasons Tamarindo myself, but also struggling with flight schedules for this June. Is flying into PVR an option? Does anyone have experience with this drive?
Old Mar 23, 2023, 7:55 am
Original Poster

This is all very helpful... Perhaps will do four nights at Mandarina and 5 nights as FS Tamarindo.
Livetotell likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 12:29 pm

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by threepointkid
I’m very interested in Four Seasons Tamarindo myself, but also struggling with flight schedules for this June. Is flying into PVR an option? Does anyone have experience with this drive?
You can see a list of the airlines serving ZLO here: https://www.fourseasons.com/tamarind...-to-tamarindo/

We arrive at FS Tamarindo this Saturday... we are flying on Alaska Airlines via LAX. Alaska Airlines flights currently run on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Another option is that you can fly into PVR and then transfer directly to the resort on a private helicopter (this can be arranged and confirmed by Four Seasons Tamarindo). Tamarindo has its own helicopter pad. I had clients choose this option and they said that landing directly at the resort in a private helicopter was "pretty spectacular"
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by KristenNix
You can see a list of the airlines serving ZLO here: https://www.fourseasons.com/tamarind...-to-tamarindo/

We arrive at FS Tamarindo this Saturday... we are flying on Alaska Airlines via LAX. Alaska Airlines flights currently run on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Another option is that you can fly into PVR and then transfer directly to the resort on a private helicopter (this can be arranged and confirmed by Four Seasons Tamarindo). Tamarindo has its own helicopter pad. I had clients choose this option and they said that landing directly at the resort in a private helicopter was "pretty spectacular"
I inquired with the FS Tamarindo team about the helicopter flight, as I can fly direct to PVR. Basically for two adults -$7,500.-$10,000.00 (one way) The price varies depending on how many guests, weight, and season...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.