Wiki Posts
Search

Cabo - O&O vs Montage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Cabo - O&O vs Montage

Hi all,

Looking to spend 4 or 5 nights next January for a romantic anniversary trip and I'm very torn between these two resorts. The most important thing for us is outstanding food and service, and second is the room. O&O seems to have very private and nice oceanfront rooms, whereas Montage has a bit more sterile rooms with not much privacy (and worse views). However, service and food at montage seem to be better from what I've seen. If anybody has stayed at both properties and has some recommendations for a romantic couples trip, please let me know! We tried Chileno Bay earlier this year and enjoyed it, but want to try something new. We are both in our late twenties.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:27 pm

I have not experienced the Montage, but in my opinion it would be difficult to do better than Palmilla. The staff is attentive, the food is good across all outlets and Palmilla is home to one of the few swimmable beaches in SJD (if you can pull yourself away from the pool). My family has been going to Palmilla since it first opened. While the hotel is very different than it was in my grandparents' day, it is still a special experience. The clientele is a mix - families, couples, lots of people from California. We also like that it is closer to San Jose del Cabo than Cabo San Lucas.

Do note that there are several buildings with different categories of rooms. The most private oceanfront rooms are the junior suites with private pools. Junior suites in other buildings have a degree of privacy but you may be looking over a building in front or a grass lawn down to the beach.
obscure2k likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.