Wiki Posts
Search

Planning the perfect Trip - vietnam

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Planning the perfect Trip - vietnam

We want a mix of seeing some of the country + relaxing. Been to Bangkok several times, but still love going there. Thinking of Phuket ( Rosewood is a draw because it is close to Patong - where we can go and get the kitschy touristy vibe at least once without having to drive a lot). All about the places we stay + not rushing, and taking it easy. Here is our itinerary. Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I break up the 4 nights at Rosewood to stay 2 night at Aman?

Aug 24 to 27 - Hanoi (Sofia Metropole) - including day Halong Bay cruise
Aug 27 to 29 - Hoi An ( FS - beach pool villa)
Aug 29 to Sep 2 - Amanoi ( Ocean Pool Pavilion)
Sep 3 - Bangkok ( evening to walk around, get a foot massage, experiencing the vibe) - havent decided where to stay as yet. FS maybe?
Sep 4 to Sep 7 - Phuket Rosewood beachfront pool villa ( like the fact it is near Patong. Will do a private boat tour of the islands one day on a speed boat. Weather might be rainy but we are not swimming in the ocean, beachy people)
Sep 7 - Flight back to the US at 9pm so we will fly from Phuket to BKK

Looking forward to your thoughts. Now that the countries are opening up, trying to firm up the details
chinmoylad and rebelution like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by Desirees
We want a mix of seeing some of the country + relaxing. Been to Bangkok several times, but still love going there. Thinking of Phuket ( Rosewood is a draw because it is close to Patong - where we can go and get the kitschy touristy vibe at least once without having to drive a lot). All about the places we stay + not rushing, and taking it easy. Here is our itinerary. Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I break up the 4 nights at Rosewood to stay 2 night at Aman?

Aug 24 to 27 - Hanoi (Sofia Metropole) - including day Halong Bay cruise
Aug 27 to 29 - Hoi An ( FS - beach pool villa)
Aug 29 to Sep 2 - Amanoi ( Ocean Pool Pavilion)
Sep 3 - Bangkok ( evening to walk around, get a foot massage, experiencing the vibe) - havent decided where to stay as yet. FS maybe?
Sep 4 to Sep 7 - Phuket Rosewood beachfront pool villa ( like the fact it is near Patong. Will do a private boat tour of the islands one day on a speed boat. Weather might be rainy but we are not swimming in the ocean, beachy people)
Sep 7 - Flight back to the US at 9pm so we will fly from Phuket to BKK

Looking forward to your thoughts. Now that the countries are opening up, trying to firm up the details
Per my calculations, you have only 3 nights at Rosewood Phuket (4SEP check-in, 7SEP check-out and flight back to US). I've always planned travel with the mantra that "less is more" ... so I'd recommend staying at one resort to avoid having to check out of one hotel in the morning and into another in the afternoon. One night in Bangkok? If you want to experience the vibe, walk around, and get a foot massage, I'd probably want to stay in a downtown hotel.
Desirees likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
DavidO which hotel would you recommend in downtown?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:48 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by Desirees
DavidO which hotel would you recommend in downtown?
I would choose a hotel near the Night Markets.

I've seen Anantara Siam (the former downtown Four Seasons) and the St. Regis. In the same area is the new Waldorf Astoria (which I have not seen). I would choose any of these three.

Here's my Google Map of the Virtuoso hotels of Bangkok.
Desirees likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.