Reload this Page >

Luxury resort with young kids

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury resort with young kids

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:10 am

Oh yes - how could I forget about a FS Costa Rica - I was just there last year haha. Really great for kids, and they have a brand new "adventure club" in their rainforest that kids would love. They'll also love the Coati's on the beach - just don't feed them. May should be fine. I was there in August, true rainy season, and the rain typically rolls through in the late afternoon/evening. It's very heavy but also never lasted more than 15-30 minutes and on nights where we had dinner under one of the covered terraces it was actually kind of nice. That's an easy trip and it's a pretty short drive from Liberia airport. If OP is looking at villas, their new Prieta Bay villas are gorgeous (may be too big for your family at 3+ bedrooms, but they have tons of other villas and suites that would fit).
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
From West Coast, you cant beat FS Punta Mita. It wonderful for kids. My own children have pracitcally grown up there.FS Costa Rica is another great choice.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ericka
I should add that Costa Rica is fabulous with kids of all ages! However late May will be the start of rainy season. If you can get there a little earlier, let me know and I will dig up my trip reports. If nothing else, consider it for a future trip. We stayed at the FS and the Peace Lodge. Both were perfection and so perfect for little ones.
Maybe this is what we should be thinking for next year. Unfortunately, we can't move it earlier and the FS for our dates is double the price of the Rosewood Mayakoba. I thought our budget was generous, but maybe not generous enough
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Valveking
From West Coast, you cant beat FS Punta Mita. It wonderful for kids. My own children have pracitcally grown up there.FS Costa Rica is another great choice.
I definitely want to go there. But thinking of it as more of a shorter trip place. Maybe I'm being silly about that...
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:38 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I would not split FS and Cap Jaluca over 8 nights, especially with the FS stay 6 pay 5 offer.
While Jaluca's beach is better, it can be much more windy on that side in my experience and the pool isn't really family friendly and the staff don't excel with children
I would give the edge to FS for a family stay in Anguilla

In terms of Jumby Bay, what can you do besides sit around.....?
all the water sports is included (often an additional charge elsewhere for water-ski for example) spa, cooking classes, wine tasting and rum tasting, biking, tennis, excellent gym
Oetker Pearl could get you into a pool suite which comes with a nice sized sofa bed for the children
I don't often post about my personal experiences anywhere, but after my 9th stay at Jumby Bay recently I just can't say enough about it
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
Original Member

Others have cautioned regarding travel from West Coast to Caribbean and I can not but agree, especially with young’uns. Not only burns energy and frays nerves but consumes time.

Cap Juluca over the 4S anytime. Although Anguilla is a particularly difficult location to reach from West Coast. So many opinions!
Old Mar 11, 2022, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Looks like Rosewood Mayakoba it is for this trip. But we are planning another trip for later this year. So, I really appreciate all the info! It'll be very useful
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:34 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by dis1010
Looks like Rosewood Mayakoba it is for this trip. But we are planning another trip for later this year. So, I really appreciate all the info! It'll be very useful
It will be fab for all of you. Best wishes!
obscure2k likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:14 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by dis1010
Awesome!
I recommend booking a private car to drive you to Chichen Itza. Leave the hotel very early and have them pack you breakfast for the car ride. If you get there right when they open you will have Chichen Itza all to yourselves! (The buses stop at the hotels to pick people up so they arrive later)

I also recommend the lagoon boat tour for your littles to see all the wildlife.
obscure2k, Hoyaheel and pstm91 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ericka
Awesome!
I recommend booking a private car to drive you to Chichen Itza. Leave the hotel very early and have them pack you breakfast for the car ride. If you get there right when they open you will have Chichen Itza all to yourselves! (The buses stop at the hotels to pick people up so they arrive later)

I also recommend the lagoon boat tour for your littles to see all the wildlife.
These are great ideas and will definitely do both of those things!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Ok...not sure if anyone is reading this thread anymore, but figured I'll try.

Turns out Rosewood Mayakoba is probably not going to happen - very long story and nothing to do with the resort. Just have to rule out Mexico for this trip.

Sooooo, I'm sorta back to square one.

I'm open to suggestions again Can't do Cabo or Punta Mita (because Mexico...but definitely will be for a future trip.)

The Ritz Carlton Reserve in Puerto Rico is definitely an interesting choice, but can only get it for 4 nights during our date. So, we'd have to do a split stay. Would a split stay Dorado Beach and St. Regis be worth doing?

Jumby Bay is still an option, I guess.

Otherwise, my guess is we end up in Hawaii....

But really was hoping for something different...
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:04 pm

We've enjoyed Blackberry Mountain with our kids (ages 7 and under) last summer. They had a great kids club/camp where the kids spent the AM which gave us the chance to do some excursions on our own and family friendly excursions in the afternoon. Excursions we did as a family included: family rock climbing wall, canoeing, sporting clays and ziplining. As adults with my in-laws, we did more sporting clays, hiking and paddle boarding. They had a wonderful family pool with splash pad as well as lagoon area with two waterslides which the kids loved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.