Wiki Posts
Search

Recent La Mamounia Marrakesh info?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Recent La Mamounia Marrakesh info?

Anyone have any recent experiences with the La Mamounia in RAK? RM is sold out and being referred to the LM prestige or signature suites.

TIA
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by p100a
Anyone have any recent experiences with the La Mamounia in RAK? RM is sold out and being referred to the LM prestige or signature suites.

TIA
You would be much happier at MO Marrakech, The Oberoi Marrakech, Amanjena.... La Mamounia's suites are very acceptable, but I would not recommend the rest of the hotel..
scented and mkm4 like this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
You would be much happier at MO Marrakech, The Oberoi Marrakech, Amanjena.... La Mamounia's suites are very acceptable, but I would not recommend the rest of the hotel..
Why would you not recommend the LM? What about the RM?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:32 am

La Mamounia's suites are very acceptable, but I would not recommend the rest of the hotel..
Not so fast. They just did months of renovations and I've heard/read very good things. They have new F&B options that are supposed to be fantastic, a gorgeous new bar that includes a "caviar house" (not entirely sure what that entails but anything caviar - I'm in), and overall the pictures look terrific. I agree that it was tired, but it sounds like some really exciting updates.

You cannot go wrong with any of those other choices either. Royal Mans. would be my other preference.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata

TIA
I was in La Mamounia a few weeks ago, it is a very special hotel with many many guests going back every year. It is my personal favorite in Marrakesh (MO, FS and Oberoi are very good but they lack soul IMO; Royal Mansour may have more spectacular suites but I find them dark and weirdly shaped, but not enough lively atmosphere).
LM grounds are unrivaled with its magnificent gardens. New F&B are great and very popular with locals. Staff is very high level (except some waiters at the pool) and attention to detail is amazing. Be aware that while service is always warm and attentive, it is a little old school and just a tad formal.
I was also glad that the hotel has maintained all the attentions one can expect in a hotel of this league (welcome drinks with dates, daily replenish of fruits and pastries, continuous replenish of toiletries, towels, etc. etc.) as I have found lately many luxury hotels that cut back on this kind of amenities.

Hope it helps
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Satie
I was in La Mamounia a few weeks ago, it is a very special hotel with many many guests going back every year. It is my personal favorite in Marrakesh (MO, FS and Oberoi are very good but they lack soul IMO; Royal Mansour may have more spectacular suites but I find them dark and weirdly shaped, but not enough lively atmosphere).
LM grounds are unrivaled with its magnificent gardens. New F&B are great and very popular with locals. Staff is very high level (except some waiters at the pool) and attention to detail is amazing. Be aware that while service is always warm and attentive, it is a little old school and just a tad formal.
I was also glad that the hotel has maintained all the attentions one can expect in a hotel of this league (welcome drinks with dates, daily replenish of fruits and pastries, continuous replenish of toiletries, towels, etc. etc.) as I have found lately many luxury hotels that cut back on this kind of amenities.

Hope it helps
Any suggestions on the best suites to book? Pool or garden view?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Any suggestions on the best suites to book? Pool or garden view?
Pool view is traditionally the most popular view but the garden side is also very nice and relaxing.

The baldaquin suite is my personal favorite. Prestige suites are great too, with centered view and big balconies.
p100a likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by pstm91
Not so fast. They just did months of renovations and I've heard/read very good things. They have new F&B options that are supposed to be fantastic, a gorgeous new bar that includes a "caviar house" (not entirely sure what that entails but anything caviar - I'm in), and overall the pictures look terrific. I agree that it was tired, but it sounds like some really exciting updates.

You cannot go wrong with any of those other choices either. Royal Mans. would be my other preference.
I know they have spent an age doing another renovation. I do not have a problem with the look of the place, but renovations alone do not make for a great hotel, unless you are merely concerned with how it looks on Instagram.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 7:11 am

I know they have spent an age doing another renovation. I do not have a problem with the look of the place, but renovations alone do not make for a great hotel, unless you are merely concerned with how it looks on Instagram.
Totally agree. Since you mentioned the suites as pleasing, I was thinking you were referring to the rest of the hotel's aesthetics. I've stayed twice and both had phenomenal service, food, and everything else. It seems like you did not have great stays, so I'm sorry to hear that. Personally, I love this hotel and am excited to eventually get back there and see the updates.

For the record, I've stayed in everything from hostels to LM in Marrakech, and the LM stays are my most memorable.
Satie and p100a like this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by pstm91
Totally agree. Since you mentioned the suites as pleasing, I was thinking you were referring to the rest of the hotel's aesthetics. I've stayed twice and both had phenomenal service, food, and everything else. It seems like you did not have great stays, so I'm sorry to hear that. Personally, I love this hotel and am excited to eventually get back there and see the updates.

For the record, I've stayed in everything from hostels to LM in Marrakech, and the LM stays are my most memorable.
I have been staying at la Mamounia since the days when they had Regine's nightclub (which is now the Spa), so I have experienced a number of their facelifts over the years. I love the gardens, but you rightly assume that my stays there over the years have been sorely lacking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.