Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichardInSF
Given that the previous consolidated thread was started in 2008, it is time to start a new thread, beginning with an excellent review by KatW.

The previous thread may be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479
Print Wikipost

Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by offerendum
Hope Vienna is one of the properties who still belongs here. At least until September
When it comes to PH Vendome I always read here, it would be the best value under the Palace options and it's great it's bookable with points. Perhaps this has some effect now, even as I didn't see anything of a bargain when I had a look.
I have never stayed at PH Vienna but I am fond of their bar & have hung out there on a few trips to Vienna. Looking in from outside, seems like a well run operation, though I haven't been since covid.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a reminder that this is a thread on Paris hotels, not Park Hyatts (or any chain) in general.

Thanks,
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Just a reminder that this is a thread on Paris hotels, not Park Hyatts (or any chain) in general.

Thanks,
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel
That being the case, may I cite in highest accolades Le Bristol?!
RichardInSF and offerendum like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
Any ideas for stays in Paris end of August early September or mid September: Note that the Raffles Royal Monceau and The Lutetia have the third night free on AMEX FHR. Mandarin is showing 4th night free on their website, but not on the FHR portal? I think the Bristol has 4th night free and upgrade at time of booking. I’m looking for three nights only. The Ritz has upgrade at time of booking, breakfast and limo transfer with flexible checkin and check out, noted by booking direct, similar to the Peninsula flex time when you book direct with them. I phoned the Peninsula and they said that the don’t necessarily offer the flex time at the FHR rate (strange) and doesn’t look like they are offering any free nights. La Reserve has upgrade at time of booking and looks interesting. Am I missing anything? I’ve stayed at the Raffles, great hotel, not crazy about the location, I’ve stayed at the Shnagri-La, also a great hotel not crazy about the location and didn’t see any deals. . I’ve stayed at the Lutetia, very nice hotel on the left bank, might want to try something else if there is something interesting on the deals side to be had - Park Hyatt has also been a previous go to place, but very tired - I would love thoughts from the group - Also, a number of years ago I found shopping discounts for Printemps and Les Gallaries Lafayette - do these still exist ? It was like 10% off card that the concierges at the hotel used to have. Merci!
Old Jul 24, 2022, 6:59 am

It really depends upon style and location.
Cheval Blanc and Bulgari are the most recent / Ritz, George V, Crillon and La Réserve are probably the best to me while I would never stay at le Bristol even if it was free / Never really liked the lay out of Peninsula rooms & suites.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
My vote goes to the Crillon.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
It really depends upon style and location.
Cheval Blanc and Bulgari are the most recent / Ritz, George V, Crillon and La Réserve are probably the best to me while I would never stay at le Bristol even if it was free / Never really liked the lay out of Peninsula rooms & suites.
What did Le Bristol do to ya?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
What did Le Bristol do to ya?
Nothing wrong happened there
I just don’t like the decor, it feels old like my great grandmother old.
They still have a 3-star restaurant, a nice garden, but the overall atmosphere is not for me
EuropeanPete and Aventine like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
We’ll I have been corresponding by both email and telephone with some of the hotels mentioned in the thread and I was quite surprised that the Ritz Paris does not respond to emails very timely and more importantly they don’t seem to think this is an issue?… What is more interesting is that they believe this to be quite appropriate. I have been waiting for a response to an email since yesterday morning. A very simple request and finally I called them and they were quite proud to tell me they have 24 hours to respond? I asked them if this was the hotel’s policy and they said yes? Like many of you, when making plans I’m quite focused and want to get what I need to confirm things, check the box that it is done and then file it away… I will not be staying at the Ritz Paris in large part because of their lack of dispatch to any of the simple requests I’ve had. Quite frustrating!
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jman4321
We’ll I have been corresponding by both email and telephone with some of the hotels mentioned in the thread and I was quite surprised that the Ritz Paris does not respond to emails very timely and more importantly they don’t seem to think this is an issue?… What is more interesting is that they believe this to be quite appropriate. I have been waiting for a response to an email since yesterday morning. A very simple request and finally I called them and they were quite proud to tell me they have 24 hours to respond? I asked them if this was the hotel’s policy and they said yes? Like many of you, when making plans I’m quite focused and want to get what I need to confirm things, check the box that it is done and then file it away… I will not be staying at the Ritz Paris in large part because of their lack of dispatch to any of the simple requests I’ve had. Quite frustrating!
I think 24 hours is reasonable given in-house guests and email volume? I would hope they would prioritize in-house guests and upcoming guests though. Ritz Paris probably should have been less blunt and giddy about having a 24 hours response policy.
obscure2k and offerendum like this.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 20, 2022 at 7:58 am
Old Aug 20, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by jman4321
I think 24 hours response timr are still acceptable. Would not be an issue for me, especially if it is not an urgent request and I don´t even hold a reservation so far.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:20 pm

Problem arises when you are cancelling a reservation before the time limit and need confirmation so they don’t charge your credit card. Many hotels send a cancellation email right away, not the Ritz. Also, when they don’t even respond that they received your email, you don’t know what your in for and don’t want to start a credit card dispute process unnecessarily when they say nothing was received. 24 hours may indeed be reasonable when your email is acknowledged as received or the request is less important, but completely unreasonable when canceling a reservation and running up against the time limit to cancel so you don’t get charged. Normally this cancellation is done by the TA, but the Ritz had a deal on their web site last fall that didn’t circulate to many programs so we booked it ourselves. Subsequently we learned that the Espadon restaurant was closed and the chef left and will not reopen until next year and dining options at the hotel are limited. When staying at such a beautiful hotel, you’d normally want the full experience including the dining experience. We’ve done the Espadon at the Ritz before while staying elsewhere and it was outstanding.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 7:24 pm

Anyone stay at the new JK Place Paris? It looks interesting and the JK properties elsewhere seem to be very nice. Would be interested in thoughts. Thank you!
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: Free Agent
After thoroughly enjoying my stay at the JK Place in Rome, I went ahead and booked the property in Paris. While not in the middle of Vendome, it is a very short and pleasant walk to the area. The hotel was very intimate and the staff fantastic. The concierge responded to emails within hours and helped facilitate our stay. The lower level rooms do not have desks, oddly enough, but my Master room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. Food was excellent, but also Italian; not exactly what I was in the mood for sometimes being in Paris. I am booking the JK again for my fall trip!
jman4321 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:46 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I stayed at the JK Paris last year, in a Master Suite (their highest category, excepting their Signature Suite).

What I liked best about it: the warmth and welcoming quality of the young staff. There's nothing stuffy about the feel of the place.

Why I wouldn't go back: there are so many great luxury hotels in Paris, and in comparison, JK was just not competitive. It's much more of a boutique hotel than a full-service luxury hotel. I'm not crazy about the location. It's central, but the immediate vicinity lacks appeal for me. Even the "Master Suite" I was in was smaller and less impressive than most junior suites in other hotels: not much space, no tub in the bathroom, etc. The Italian restaurant was underwhelming. The best comparison is La Reserve, which is also a small-ish hotel, but it just has so much more to offer than JK: larger and more luxurious rooms and bathrooms; better food, a pool and spa, a great location, etc.

In a city that has Cheval Blanc, Four Seasons, La Reserve, The Ritz, and so on . . . this felt to me like a distinct step down. But it's much less snobby than the Crillon, which has more supercilious attitude among its staff, from concierge to reservations agents, than every other luxury hotel in the city combined.
nycnyc, bearbrick, FlyerEC and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.