Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichardInSF
Given that the previous consolidated thread was started in 2008, it is time to start a new thread, beginning with an excellent review by KatW.

The previous thread may be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479
Print Wikipost

Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:41 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by offerendum
Every Oetker-property has this guaranteed upgrades up to JS-category with Pearl. Also better credits if I'm right than Virtuoso. FHR seems not to be the best option to book an Oetker hotel.
Oetker Pearl does indeed double the credit of FHR & Virtuoso on stays of 2 nights or more. For Le Bristol, it is usually a spa credit, but things can be flexible still even as the pandemic concerns are dipping
Oh, and yes Pearl also has currently a stay 4 pay 3 on Jr Suites and better, which is not open to Virtuoso. I don't check FHR
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:56 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Every Oetker-property has this guaranteed upgrades up to JS-category with Pearl. Also better credits if I'm right than Virtuoso. FHR seems not to be the best option to book an Oetker hotel.
Yes, for Pearl Partner, 2+ night stays the credit increases if I remember.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ABG
Oh, and yes Pearl also has currently a stay 4 pay 3 on Jr Suites and better, which is not open to Virtuoso. I don't check FHR
ABG Does the stay 4 pay 3 apply only once per stay, or would this offer repeat over the course of a longer stay? Also, would you mind sharing how long this offer is running? Many thanks in advance!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:00 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by mrmbenz1
ABG Does the stay 4 pay 3 apply only once per stay, or would this offer repeat over the course of a longer stay? Also, would you mind sharing how long this offer is running? Many thanks in advance!
I don't see anything that says it is not repeatable.... The offer is subject to availability, meaning they can pull it at anytime due to increased occupancy projections
mrmbenz1 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:50 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Awesome; I appreciate the update!
ABG likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:11 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Some different options in Paris:

https://www.cntraveler.com/gallery/p...ls-with-a-view
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KatW
Anything that might draw you away from the Bristol?
I nearly booked Cour des Vosges for next week on my way to Loire, but will now stay at La Cote de Saint Jacques instead.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Anything that might draw you away from the Bristol?
I nearly booked Cour des Vosges for next week on my way to Loire, but will now stay at La Cote de Saint Jacques instead.
Hah, have to see if any have a cat!
offerendum likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:31 pm

Any recent reports on hotel stays? I’m considering the de Crillon, Le Meurice, the Lutetia, or returning to the Park Hyatt for an upcoming trip.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by nycnyc
Any recent reports on hotel stays? I’m considering the de Crillon, Le Meurice, the Lutetia, or returning to the Park Hyatt for an upcoming trip.
Yes, indeed. This is a very active forum. Suggest you start reading the Paris Luxury Hotels (new consolidated thread started 9/21)
Reload this Page > Reply to Thread
nycnyc and offerendum like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by nycnyc
Frankly, Park Hyatt Vendome no longer belongs on this forum. I used to love it for its great service and Ed's architecture -- but F&B, service and the entire operation has been completely ruined. I'd highly consider Crillon.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
Frankly, Park Hyatt Vendome no longer belongs on this forum. I used to love it for its great service and Ed's architecture -- but F&B, service and the entire operation has been completely ruined. I'd highly consider Crillon.
Almost all PHs don't belong in this forum or barely squeak through being the only game in town. The entire brand has suffered from a thousand small cuts and probably Hyatt's way of conceding the upper luxury level to the brands known to this forum. Vendome is just a sad shell of itself now.
KatW, nycnyc and scented like this.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 11, 2022 at 7:25 am
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Aventine
Almost all PHs don't belong in this forum or barely squeak through being the only game in town. The entire brand has suffered from a thousand small cuts and probably Hyatt's way of conceding the upper luxury level to the brands known to this forum. Vendome is just a sad shell of itself now.
Hope Vienna is one of the properties who still belongs here. At least until September
When it comes to PH Vendome I always read here, it would be the best value under the Palace options and it's great it's bookable with points. Perhaps this has some effect now, even as I didn't see anything of a bargain when I had a look.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:00 pm

Hope Vienna is one of the properties who still belongs here. At least until September
When it comes to PH Vendome I always read here, it would be the best value under the Palace options and it's great it's bookable with points. Perhaps this has some effect now, even as I didn't see anything of a bargain when I had a look.
PH Vendome must be insanely profitable now. They have adapted their prices like other properties as well. So when FSGV charges 2,500 EUR for a standard room, they can get away with 1,600 EUR. But they have a skeleton crew, pre-mixed cocktails at their new “bar”, room service menu consists of 3-4 starters and a few mains. All on one page. Departments are not communication between each other. The only saving grace might be the Concierge. Imagine - all their restaurants except the Michelin (Pur) are sharing the same, limited menu. I wonder how they can get away with this.

Yes you can book PH Vendome with points. Even though they are playing games with inventory, you can still manage to book it. But it might be part of the problem.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
PH Vendome must be insanely profitable now. They have adapted their prices like other properties as well. So when FSGV charges 2,500 EUR for a standard room, they can get away with 1,600 EUR. But they have a skeleton crew, pre-mixed cocktails at their new “bar”, room service menu consists of 3-4 starters and a few mains. All on one page. Departments are not communication between each other. The only saving grace might be the Concierge. Imagine - all their restaurants except the Michelin (Pur) are sharing the same, limited menu. I wonder how they can get away with this.

Yes you can book PH Vendome with points. Even though they are playing games with inventory, you can still manage to book it. But it might be part of the problem.
Definitely "luxury is personal" went out the window ages ago at this PH and many others in my experience. Tokyo stopped their complimentary fresh coffee via room service for Explorists and above.
It's heinous that a Palace hotel does premixed drinks and fee choices for dining.
Funny how my main complaint with Vendome before the cuts/changes was the concierge.
scented likes this.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 11, 2022 at 4:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.