Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 11:22 am
Community Director Emerita

Here are some tags. The one with the Indian motif is the reverse of the current Amangiri tag. Older tags didn't have that.

Amangalla, Sveti Stefan, Amangiri, Amanoi
Old May 11, 2021, 4:00 am

Programs: some
Love the Amanpulo ones!
Old May 11, 2021, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by scented
I love them… but more so the old ones with individual logos… so very special. My suitcases carried dozens of them, sadly they attract thieves so I stopped and put them on carry-ons.

They are quietly attached after your stay and you will likely notice them when Aman luggage handlers carry your belongings at the airport.
Most of my Amanlabels have been stolen, but I still have a healthy collection!
Old May 12, 2021, 6:39 am

Hey all!

My family and I are heading to Bali in couple of weeks. We have been contemplating a stay at Amankila for weeks now. However, our biggest concern is this upcoming trip is a very short and packed one, hence we could only stay here for one night.

Do you guys think a night stay at Amankila would be too short? Should we save it for the next trip to enjoy the full experience of the resort?

Many thanks!

Last edited by rwrhj; May 12, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Old May 12, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by rwrhj
Hey all!

My family and I are heading to Bali in couple of weeks. We have been contemplating a stay at Amankila for weeks now. However, our biggest concern is this upcoming trip is a very short and packed one, hence we could only stay here for one night.

Do you guys think a night stay at Amankila would be too short? Should we save it for the next trip so to enjoy the full experience of the resort?

Many thanks!
Depending on where you are coming from/going to, but you could end up using half that time just getting to Amankila (given traffic on Bali -- or maybe it is not too bad these days, given Covid). At very least I would try to estimate that first. If you want Aman and want something closer to the Airport which you would have more time to enjoy, then perhaps Aman Villas at Nusa Dua?
Old May 12, 2021, 8:39 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by rwrhj
Hey all!

Do you guys think a night stay at Amankila would be too short? Should we save it for the next trip so to enjoy the full experience of the resort?

Many thanks!
Short answer - yes. Do at least 3-4 nights at Amankila. A one night stay, considering how far it is from the airport, is far and you won't really get to fully experience the property (and its surroundings if you haven't done that yet) anyway.
Old May 12, 2021, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar
Depending on where you are coming from/going to, but you could end up using half that time just getting to Amankila (given traffic on Bali -- or maybe it is not too bad these days, given Covid). At very least I would try to estimate that first. If you want Aman and want something closer to the Airport which you would have more time to enjoy, then perhaps Aman Villas at Nusa Dua?
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Short answer - yes. Do at least 3-4 nights at Amankila. A one night stay, considering how far it is from the airport, is far and you won't really get to fully experience the property (and its surroundings if you haven't done that yet) anyway.
Hey, ridefar & chinmoy lad! Thank you for your suggestions.

We will head to Amankila from Nusa Dua, so estimated journey is 80 minutes each way.

Since we will stay in Nusa Dua for couple of nights, we prefer to stay in a different neighbourhood. Thus being said, Aman Villas has been crossed off from our list of preference.
Old May 12, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Is Amanwana closing for renovations? They are accepting reservations for this summer, but then are blocking the rest of the calendar through February. I didn't think it was a seasonal resort, but could be wrong.
Old May 17, 2021, 1:18 pm

Aman Sveti Stefan

Was planning a trip to the Balkans around going to the Aman Sveti Stefan. Availability was open all of last week and was about ready to book when I noticed the reservations link was removed from the website today. Called Aman and they said something happened to the hotel that forced them to close it for the duration of the 2021 season, with no estimated reopening date.

Anyone know anything about what's going on?
Old May 17, 2021, 10:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by allengeorgea
Was planning a trip to the Balkans around going to the Aman Sveti Stefan. Availability was open all of last week and was about ready to book when I noticed the reservations link was removed from the website today. Called Aman and they said something happened to the hotel that forced them to close it for the duration of the 2021 season, with no estimated reopening date.

Anyone know anything about what's going on?
Let ‘ s just say politicians do not get it .. Sadly
Think we are not supposed to delve into politics on FT ?

That is also why yours truly & many others are stuck where we are - no flying ‼️
How stressful is this for FTers ⁉️

Was hoping to stay AmanSS as did not make it during Tapa ‘ s tenure , before & after , various attempts .. but perhaps visit as UNESCO Heritage site instead , we shall see .
Disappointing state of affairs

Last edited by FlyerEC; May 18, 2021 at 8:28 am
Old May 18, 2021, 4:28 am

AMANs luggage tags

No flying - so no AMANs though numerous potential stays

Some AMANs luggage tags through the years . If you look carefully , you will note how each property had their own character & font .
Became boring - run of mill after visionary AZ was no longer part of AMAN doing his usual trail blazing . You will see starting with Puri ..
Then Indonesian AMANs - Dari , Jiwo , Kila , Nusa and Wana .. now where are the Aman at Nusa Villas ⁉️ ‼️

A few from Puri

The Indonesian ones .. think missing quite a number

Hmm .. Few more rather battered Nusa ones !

ASP ( Summer Palace ) , Taka , N’oi , Wella , Galla & AmanTokyo

2 more battered Kila tags along with one from Dari and Taka . Spot the differences from the ones in other photo

Need to locate the Aman at Nusa Villas , , .. Gani , Jena .. Pulo , Zoe , etc ones if not stolen . Some were gone from check - in luggage on arrival / baggage claim areas - henceforth only on cabin luggage !
Save them , especially those from Nusa , AmanSS .. & the “ originals “ , if you have them .

Aman Villas at Nusa Dua 😊 , Pulo ‼️, a “ refreshed “ Kila losing colour & uniqueness

Coming along , an Aman at Nusa Dua Villas & also a Pulo have surfaced , what a relief , along with a newer Kila .. now to rummage for others ..

FYI , the table cloth is from a lovely primarily lace shop on Burano . Enjoyable day trip , thanks to recommendation from team at AmanCGV ( think no ‘ real ‘ luggage tags then ) , almost 2 years ago now .
Was hoping to return last year , in vain .. looks like it will not happen this year either .

Last edited by FlyerEC; May 22, 2021 at 8:38 am Reason: Added comments
Old May 22, 2021, 3:14 pm

Sveti Stefan Update

Some very interesting new background information on Sveti Stefan: The hotel will stay closed for the 2021 season and according to the report Aman could even pull out of Montenegro permanently. Allegedly Queens Beach has been fenced in illegaly and angry locals recently tore down the fence.

Poster has requested mods to add this link with details:

https://2mgqtljzelob67zofvvbj3zu3a-a...em-ovoga-ljeta

Last edited by RichardInSF; May 23, 2021 at 1:27 am Reason: Add link
Old May 22, 2021, 3:16 pm

(Sorry, need to make this post first to reach 5 post minimum for posting URLs)
Old May 22, 2021, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by hypnos8
Some very interesting new background information on Sveti Stefan: The hotel will stay closed for the 2021 season and according to the report Aman could even pull out of Montenegro permanently. Allegedly Queens Beach has been fenced in illegaly and angry locals recently tore down the fence.
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Let ‘ s just say politicians do not get it .. Sadly
Think we are not supposed to delve into politics on FT ?

That is also why yours truly & many others are stuck where we are - no flying ‼️
How stressful is this for FTers ⁉️

Was hoping to stay AmanSS as did not make it during Tapa ‘ s tenure , before & after , various attempts .. but perhaps visit as UNESCO Heritage site instead , we shall see .
Disappointing state of affairs
As posted above , if you are planning on staying at AmanSS , it will not be happening as due to current and ongoing political situation , the owner has permanently closed her . The GM & “ staff “ have left too .
Visits in future there will possibly be only as a UNESCO Heritage site and hopefully by then , with fewer of the locals who do not seem to respect ownership just as the country ‘ s new president .

Think a day trip as a cruise activity remains an option .

And the luggage tag post , “ Save them , especially those from Nusa , AmanSS .. & the “ originals “ , if you have them . “
There will be none of these luggage tags again .
Old May 22, 2021, 10:46 pm

So sad to see what is happening at SS. It was magical when we were there a few years ago and have been wanting to return. I found an article that mentions some construction of apartment blocks in Milocer Park...is that real? Or perhaps just lost in translation. I wonder if this will have any implication for the Janu project.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.