Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022

Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022

Old Apr 7, 2021, 6:18 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Based on what could be open to vaccinated tourists at the end of the year, I am considering going to Bali for part of my NYE trip. Based on logistics, it looks like my total stay would be 6 nights. Since I will be travelling with an 18 month old at the time, my strong inclination is to not move hotels during my stay.

My initial preference would be to book Amankila, but wanted to see if others thought booking a 1-bedroom at Amanusa would be better for our stay.
Thanks!
It depends what you are after.

Amanusa has closed down. The remnant that's still operational is Aman Villas at Nusa Dua. The hotel is physically closer to the airport than Amankila and in the area where many of the branded resorts are (St Regis, Ritz-Carlton, etc). It's a lot closer to an urban setting than Amankila. However, the hotel isn't on the beach but rather next to a golf course (although there is access to a private beach).

Amankila is 1.5 hours from the airport, and it's pretty much an hour's drive or more from most the more popular/visited places in Bali. As such, it's a lot more isolated compared to other places. There is a black-sand private beach, although it's a steep walk down from the main hotel area (they also provide car-buggy services if you don't want to walk down/up). It's a wonderful setting, especially if you're just looking to unwind and stay away from urban life.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:16 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Has anyone stayed at Amankila recently?

I'd really like to make a return to Amankila as soon as I can, although my last stay there left me with a bit of bad taste. It were as if they were losing the Aman Magic. Has the property been deteriorating service-wise after VD's takeover?
Same as jja34-1's stay - mine was also in November 2019 and it was exceptional.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Same as jja34-1's stay - mine was also in November 2019 and it was exceptional.
Thank you! That's very good to know, and brings me a lot of assurance now.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 4:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Based on what could be open to vaccinated tourists at the end of the year, I am considering going to Bali for part of my NYE trip. Based on logistics, it looks like my total stay would be 6 nights. Since I will be travelling with an 18 month old at the time, my strong inclination is to not move hotels during my stay.

My initial preference would be to book Amankila, but wanted to see if others thought booking a 1-bedroom at Amanusa would be better for our stay.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by United747
Surely I’m being dense, is it true that Amanusa villas start around 40k square feet?! Even including outside space, pool, etc. that seems a bit much?
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Thank you! That's very good to know, and brings me a lot of assurance now.
In more recent years sans 2020 , we have always paired KILA with Nusa Villas .. sometimes the stays have been with others but usually just both of us .
They have always been wonderful experiences , seeing how the improvements have been through the years since opening .. just waiting for some more like the spa / wellness area which is on hold yet again .
If just a couple are staying at the villas , only a suite is opened up for ones use .. perhaps 2 with one for massages & such ( you are charged accordingly & FYI , may have to share the premises with another couple - we never have had to share with others though only our party ) . All public areas are available . The owners might keep some areas only for themselves but you would not even know .
They are a couple with gyms too , if the owners allow them to be used during your stay , a bonus ..

You might like to note & monitor , it seems that Nusa , Sanur & only areas closer to the airport will be opened first to tourists . Best check with Ernst .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Apr 8, 2021 at 5:08 pm
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Seems like somewhat of a "unique" setup then as trying to bridge the villa / hotel concept.
We have been to Bali a couple of times and so we get the layout. The purpose would really just to be to relax, and then maybe for my wife and I to take some excursions while leaving the little one with babysitting.
I think we will stick with Kila, which was my initial sense.

Agreed on the ability of us actually being able to stay at Kila is quite fluid these days. As I may have mentioned elswhere, we are going to be at Puri for a week before this stay would happen, so the open item is figuring out where to be between the 25th - 2nd. As I do every year anyways, will make a few refundable reservations and then adjust as things change.

I honestly think that Amansara may be amazing this year if Cambodia does some form of limited opening, so that is probably highest on the list. Would also require SQ operating direct flights from REP and that being an allowed transfer at SIN.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:13 am

Hi all. I'm hoping to visit my first couple of Aman's soon. Having been a long-time fan of Aman resorts and wanting to splurge once travel is finally allowed, I feel as though now is a good time to plan my trips.
I'm looking to visit Amanwella and Amanjiwo later this year/2022. Having read multiple posts on Flyertalk from junkies, I feel as though the correct way round would be to visit Amanwella first, then Amanjiwo for our second trip a few months later.

Am I correct in thinking the Aman rates for 2021/2022 at the moment could be deemed lower than usual, for Aman prices?

We seem to be getting some good prices coming in for these resorts, but I'm unsure if the rates are as good value as I think they are, since this is my first time potentially booking trips to any Aman.

Any feedback much appreciated!
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by traveluxe
Hi all. I'm hoping to visit my first couple of Aman's soon. Having been a long-time fan of Aman resorts and wanting to splurge once travel is finally allowed, I feel as though now is a good time to plan my trips.
I'm looking to visit Amanwella and Amanjiwo later this year/2022. Having read multiple posts on Flyertalk from junkies, I feel as though the correct way round would be to visit Amanwella first, then Amanjiwo for our second trip a few months later.

Am I correct in thinking the Aman rates for 2021/2022 at the moment could be deemed lower than usual, for Aman prices?

We seem to be getting some good prices coming in for these resorts, but I'm unsure if the rates are as good value as I think they are, since this is my first time potentially booking trips to any Aman.

Any feedback much appreciated!
You should sign up for Noble Hotels ASAP - they are running a promotion offering 50% off vouchers for both Amanwella and Amanjiwo. I just got an email this morning saying its the "last chance" as it expires in a couple of days. I'll PM you an invite code.

Note - I've never used Noble before so can't speak to how legit it is, etc.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 7:49 am

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Priv
Originally Posted by callmedtop
You should sign up for Noble Hotels ASAP - they are running a promotion offering 50% off vouchers for both Amanwella and Amanjiwo. I just got an email this morning saying its the "last chance" as it expires in a couple of days. I'll PM you an invite code.

Not sure how long this business model will last. it obviously was born out of the uncertainty and travel limitations of Covid-19. A lot their promotions are being pulled down by hotels because restrictions are being lifted and their discount program cannibalize the hotel's own promotion programs.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 9:12 am

Thanks but Ill be sticking to my usual agent.

Any feedback on whether the current Aman rates (on their website) are good value/lower in comparison to pre-Covid would be much appreciated!
Old Apr 25, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold

how do you join? It seems to be on a waitlist status?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Priv
We really loved our stay at Amanera. The property is quaint, stunning beach, the architectural design is beautifully modern but not too loud or distracting, service was great, rooms were the highlight.
Noticed there weren't a lot of videos on the property on yt on the room/property so we put one together.

Watch:
Old May 7, 2021, 4:30 am

Whats the deal with luggage tags at Aman resorts?

Ive read that you are given them during your stay.

Are the luggage tags given as a complimentary gift at the end of your stay, or do you have to ask for them? Are they personalised?
Old May 7, 2021, 8:09 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
What’s the deal with luggage tags at Aman resorts?

I’ve read that you are given them during your stay.

Are the luggage tags given as a complimentary gift at the end of your stay, or do you have to ask for them? Are they personalised?
They are put on your bags when you depart. Sometimes you need to ask if they forget (almost drove off from Amanera without them!). Not personalized in the sense that they are engraved, but they will put a slip with your name in it usually.

Sometimes they will only give you one as a couple, if I notice I will usually ask for a second.

Quality and type are wide ranging. Interesting enough the worst (low quality, flimsy) tags I have received have come from my favorite Amans (Kila and Jiwo). My favorites are from Amantaka just because I love the dark green that matches the accents of the property.

Last edited by A4K; May 7, 2021 at 8:15 am
Old May 7, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Whats the deal with luggage tags at Aman resorts?

Ive read that you are given them during your stay.

I always got one per person so far. Personally I dont care about them, I cant really tell you were my tags are.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:02 am

I love them but more so the old ones with individual logos so very special. My suitcases carried dozens of them, sadly they attract thieves so I stopped and put them on carry-ons.

They are quietly attached after your stay and you will likely notice them when Aman luggage handlers carry your belongings at the airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.