Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2021, 7:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
FlyerEC I hope when you're able to, do go see the new Parrot Cay (PC). I know I sound like a broken record since my recent return visit to PC and Yara but PC is just getting better and better under Tapa's watch.
Since my return and review in Dec. I've had more than a handful of clients / forum members ask me about Yara and PC, I've booked all clients at PC since and advised non client members to lean to PC as well (given their personal tastes).
Not saying that PC is perfect or anything but for Turks, the best service (esp. in beach houses or villas) and perhaps most Aman like. Yes, even compared to Yara (unless you're in a villa).
Have not been yet ! Trying to figure out how best to do flights especially the “ long haul “ , routing & possibly detours to as many AMANs as possible . Need to meet up with COMO team . Possibly CO to chat .
Must catch up with Tapa & plan / talk about next RWC in France . Also Ian W ..

FTer 1readyset2go had a blast there 2020 especially after being extremely disappointed on missing Pulo last year & again this year . Had to cheer him up somehow to a possible to get to beach place & be in extremely good hands like at PC !
We were supposed to have had our second rendezvous - looks like perhaps 2022 now .

Lining up potentials including with AZ & AZ ‘ s !
Some are safely “ stuck “ in Singapore
Old Jan 7, 2021, 8:08 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Have not been yet ! Trying to figure out how best to do flights especially the “ long haul “ , routing & possibly detours to as many AMANs as possible . Need to meet up with COMO team . Possibly CO to chat .
Must catch up with Tapa & plan / talk about next RWC in France . Also Ian W ..

FTer 1readyset2go had a blast there 2020 especially after being extremely disappointed on missing Pulo last year & again this year . Had to cheer him up somehow to a possible to get to beach place & be in extremely good hands like at PC !
We were supposed to have had our second rendezvous - looks like perhaps 2022 now .

Lining up potentials including with AZ & AZ ‘ s !
Some are safely “ stuck “ in Singapore
Oh, and I was also trying to join Bhrubin at Giri (again) but couldn't make schedule work. One day!
Old Jan 7, 2021, 8:18 pm

Oh, and I was also trying to join Bhrubin at Giri (again) but couldn't make schedule work. One day!
Our return to Lupaia , CGV / Zoe along with other AMANs was blindsided last year . Not too hopeful for spring as was the plan in 2020 . Then Japan AMANs in spring a bit ‘ iffy ‘ too now as with Azumi , perhaps in fall pre / post Olympics ??

Giri is not happening this year either ( think part of my above post disappeared ?? ) , or Gani ..

Perhaps if we can string a trip with Bermuda , Rosewood ? , where Shane L is working remotely from & string after EU with PC & Yara , ..
Think our Cruisemates might flip , yes , Huka Lodge along with other lodges too is in priority with friends as postponed Armenia & Georgia ( must be first before other destinations ) if NZ opens soon , .. Brando ?
Pity no AMANs in French Polynesia any more .

Need to get some real work done - trip dreaming & planning does not count , perhaps take cue from Shane !!

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jan 7, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
How was your stay at Jena? I'm sure you ran into Astrid there ... It's almost like you got to partially visit Sara. lol.
I mentioned this in the Marrakech specific forum, but Astrid is actually no longer at Jena.
Sven is not the GM there and he joined in mid-December. Did not get into what happened, but my sense was this all came to ahead very recently.

I had not stayed at Jena before, but service does not miss a beat. Sven was great, and service was solid throughout. The chef from Aman Venice was also flown down to help out since they were closed, but he is going back to Venice (may be back already)
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I mentioned this in the Marrakech specific forum, but Astrid is actually no longer at Jena.
Sven is not the GM there and he joined in mid-December. Did not get into what happened, but my sense was this all came to ahead very recently.

I had not stayed at Jena before, but service does not miss a beat. Sven was great, and service was solid throughout. The chef from Aman Venice was also flown down to help out since they were closed, but he is going back to Venice (may be back already)
Sven is covering both properties - as GM of Jena for the time being & AmanSS which is not fully opened for the season .
Pity you just missed Astrid .
Old Jan 9, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: some
I am really hoping to visit Kyoto (Azumi) later this year as I will have to return to Japan for a work stint in Tokyo as soon as possible...
Old Jan 18, 2021, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Fliar
I am really hoping to visit Kyoto (Azumi) later this year as I will have to return to Japan for a work stint in Tokyo as soon as possible...
Hoping to visit the Japanese AMANs & Azumi in April too .

Wonder what AMANJunkie surprises will be in store 🤞🏻 .. looking forward to hopefully usual upgrades 🤞🏻 .
See what the AMANJunkie T shirts are like , supposed to be available last year . But our trips to Japan like others , did not materialize .
Hoping to get to Zoe too but might be next spring looking at the EU situation ..
Then N’oi , to check out the new villas ..
Both Azerai ? 🤞🏻

Rather be back posting TRs instead of this ! 🤞🏻 🤞🏻
Old Jan 19, 2021, 5:37 am

Hoping to visit the Japanese AMANs & Azumi in April too .

Wonder what AMANJunkie surprises will be in store 🤞🏻 .. looking forward to hopefully usual upgrades 🤞🏻 .
See what the AMANJunkie T shirts are like , supposed to be available last year . But our trips to Japan like others , did not materialize .
Hoping to get to Zoe too but might be next spring looking at the EU situation ..
Then N’oi , to check out the new villas ..
Both Azerai ? 🤞🏻

Rather be back posting TRs instead of this ! 🤞🏻 🤞🏻
Also hoping for Vietnam to re-open borders, dear FlyerEC. It's been too long. Hope to revisit N’oi and combine with Nam Hai. Possibly also Azerai, if staying longer... and these days, we do have to stay longer, considering the troubles one has to go through to be able to travel, think tests, etc.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:14 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Amanyara has a 30 night minimum stay right now? Is that normal for high season? Everyone staying there is dropping minimum $60,000+ apparently.

$1,622
Per Night
Excluding Taxes & Fees
30 nights
$48,650.00
Nightly Rates
5% Facility Fee
$2,432.50
10% Service Charge
$4,865.00
12% Government tax
$5,838.00
Total
$61,785.50
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:14 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by A4K
Amanyara has a 30 night minimum stay right now? Is that normal for high season? Everyone staying there is dropping minimum $60,000+ apparently.

$1,622
Per Night
Excluding Taxes & Fees
30 nights
$48,650.00
Nightly Rates
5% Facility Fee
$2,432.50
10% Service Charge
$4,865.00
12% Government tax
$5,838.00
Total
$61,785.50
Just booked a client for 3 nights and no issue.
Also just looked for 3 nights next week and no min. night required.
Try searching again. You might have ran into a glitch.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 9:25 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by A4K
If you are trying to book into the "AT HOME WITH AMANYARA" package it is a min 30 night stay....
Old Feb 9, 2021, 12:01 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Hmmm, Must have just been the dates in March I chose...

You selected a restricted date.

There is a 30 night minimum length of stay required.

We apologize for the inconvenience. This check in/check out combination is not available on March 23, 2021. Please try choosing an alternate check in date, extending your stay, or contacting the hotel for assistance.

March 20, 2021 - March 24, 2021 is unavailable.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 1:23 am

Anybody knows if this website is legitimate? noble-stay.com.

They sell certificates to quite a few Asian Amans with a 50% bonus (so like a 33% discount). Certificates are good until 2024 and the terms appear to be extremely flexible.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by benjinito
Anybody knows if this website is legitimate? noble-stay.com.

They sell certificates to quite a few Asian Amans with a 50% bonus (so like a 33% discount). Certificates are good until 2024 and the terms appear to be extremely flexible.

Yes , AMANs work with Noble , they are legitimate . Just asked Aman team .
Old Mar 24, 2021, 6:01 pm

Yes , AMANs work with Noble , they are legitimate . Just asked Aman team .
Just picked up some Amanjiwo vouchers, thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.