Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022

Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022

Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:41 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
It is too far out to know what will be on offer for next year, can you even book for 12+ months out online?

Right now FHR has 3rd night comp at Dari, Jiwo and Kila which is a very nice offer but it expires June 30, 2022. Who knows if they will extend and if they do it will likely only be through sometime in 2022. Sit tight and see what happens.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:30 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by luxefarer
Speaking of which, I just came across these vintage brochures from AZ days. spring cleaning!

Just love the unique logos....... 😌

Best hotel brochures, ever. How many hours of my life did I spend pouring over these?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 9:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
luxefarer , thanks for posting & Ericka , now am wondering where my whole stack went .. know a master one was getting rather tattered

.. but things have changed so much since those halcyon days , rather unthinkable really , if one only knew back then what was to come like the
Essentials by Aman Collection for swimwear and their line of fine jewelry ! ..
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:44 am

Currently at Amankila. It is still every bit as charming as we remember it – truly a grand dame of tropical resorts that is ageing beautifully.

However, the guests are a bit of a mixed bag…

Today, a young lady in very sensual swimwear strode along the beachside pool with one of the Amankila umbrellas to be photographed extensively by her obliging partner. So far, so entertaining.

However, the other night, arriving at dinner, there was only one other guest who invited us over to join him. We had met interesting people at Amans before, so we thought why not? He then told us some totally crackpot story over how he’s supposedly an Canadian-Ukrainian arms dealer currently on visit with one of the daughters of the Russian minister of defence, all while obnoxiously drunk on half a dozen Moscow Mules. The story did not pan out and more likely he was just some nerdy kid who got lucky with crypto. When he asked us in which type of suite we were staying and why we didn’t go for a private pool, we decided to leave. This was when he grabbed the waitresse’s hand and generously declared that he would be paying for our dinner – whether out of pity or out of shock that we found his company unpleasant, we don’t know.

Finally, one of the guests at dinner tonight was topless and in his bathing shorts…

It is truly nice that luxury can take more casual forms today, but I think is is still perfectly appropriate to show some consideration and respect towards fellow humans. Surely we survived, but we felt incredibly embarrassed for the gracious restaurant staff who were clearly trying their best to put up a brave front
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:39 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Oh my goodness , hypnos8 !
Thanks for letting us know , was almost going to be at Kila too . Think would not have managed as well as you have .
Having second thoughts now about Jena & Zoe next month .
Suppose this is to be expected when folks unfamiliar with AMANs of yore stay , after seeing everything encouraged on social media by ‘ corporate ‘ .. learned new terms like what “ follow “ means just before the pandemic .
No sense of decorum or discretion , why one stays at AMANs in the first place ..
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Sadly, this is the new normal at so many Aman properties.

It's either influencers who go into debt to book the room for a night or two for the pictures or a young crowd with zero understanding of how to conduct themselves.

Save Vegas for Vegas. My last visit to Amangiri a few months back proved to me that the bloom is totally off the rose in regard to their guests.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:37 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas

It's either influencers who go into debt to book the room for a night or two for the pictures or a young crowd with zero understanding of how to conduct themselves.

Save Vegas for Vegas. My last visit to Amangiri a few months back proved to me that the bloom is totally off the rose in regard to their guests.
This has been a pretty bad problem at the Indonesian Amans during the pandemic... there were people (not necessarily influencers) bringing a professional photographer (or multiple) to document as much of themselves during their stay—it was so much of an issue that Jiwo added a $300 surcharge for a professional photography permit and a 2-night minimum stay for that to ward off the photographers... smh
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
This has been a pretty bad problem at the Indonesian Amans during the pandemic... there were people (not necessarily influencers) bringing a professional photographer (or multiple) to document as much of themselves during their stay—it was so much of an issue that Jiwo added a $300 surcharge for a professional photography permit and a 2-night minimum stay for that to ward off the photographers... smh
I never cease to be amazed how self-absorbed people can be when the prospect of such a beautiful hotel is actually to be truly in the moment for once…

On a related note to the above, my reservation for Amanpuri says the following:
In consideration of the COVID-19 situation, Amanpuri does not allow delivery of food & beverage from outside the property as we are unable to guarantee the quality and handling of food items not prepared by our team.
Is this out of genuine concern of COVID transmission then or were guests consuming buckets of KFC chicken by the beach club?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hypnos8
I never cease to be amazed how self-absorbed people can be when the prospect of such a beautiful hotel is actually to be truly in the moment for once…

On a related note to the above, my reservation for Amanpuri says the following:

Is this out of genuine concern of COVID transmission then or were guests consuming buckets of KFC chicken by the beach club?
I’m guessing they were losing F&B revenue to Grab Eats or whatever else local services are around. I never would have thought to order in delivery food at an Aman. Simply should not be done. A slap in the face to the chef and culinary team.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas

If you go to Amangiri and dont post it on Instagram did you really go to Amangiri? This is probably one of the worst offenders within the chain.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:45 am

Programs: some
Oh the memories...

Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
If you go to Amangiri and dont post it on Instagram did you really go to Amangiri? This is probably one of the worst offenders within the chain.
Probably the biggest cash cow in the chain too. I think management loves their Insta post count.

Last edited by Aventine; Apr 29, 2022 at 5:57 am
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: some

I have a third board but it's only half-full (for now)

Last edited by RichardInSF; May 1, 2022 at 6:03 am Reason: Consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Peon
I haven’t been to many, but Amanpulo’s is the favorite of my stays. It stands out with class and brings back wonderful memories.

Thanks for sharing these.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:09 am

Amanpuri Pricing

Hi all,

I managed to book us 10 days at Amanpuri this month. I wanted to have a look at the cost if we were to book something in for next year, but have noticed as of August 2022 onwards they've changed pricing to a base rate of $4000 per night..
The price drops down to around $2420 per night for stays of 3 nights or more.

I presumed this would be due to Aman renovating all the Pavilions, but this price is actually for the entry Pavilions. It is showing only the Detox/Mindfulness offers available.

Could this be a glitch?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.