Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Deflagged luxury properties and projects around the world

Deflagged luxury properties and projects around the world

Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
It was supposed to be the first US property for Vista, a luxury brand by Wanda, an Asian company. Not the first Asian luxury brand in the US.

Apologies for the typo.

A number of Asian luxury brands have US properties. Aman, Peninsula, Mandarin Oriental etc.
Raffles is an Asian chain (when it was independent, before Fairmont and then Accor) that had some properties in North America, for example in Beverly Hills.

I can't recall whether there were early Peninsula (also an Asian brand) hotels in the USA.

Imperial (Japan) has a resort in Hawaii.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
I think this thread is more interesting if we just focus on luxury flagged hotels that have de-flagged and become independent, rather than also those that have changed flags (either to lower-end flags or different flags), as the former is a more unique circumstance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.