Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greatest Perks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Greatest Perks

FHR/Virtuoso/Hotel status rewards ?? How do they compare ? Insight appreciated...
Old Jul 12, 2020, 6:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by scotflyer1
FHR/Virtuoso/Hotel status rewards ?? How do they compare ? Insight appreciated...
First of all, FHR/Virtuoso and Hotel Status are not mutually exclusive categories. You can have elite status + book through a Virtuoso TA or FHR and get the consortial amenities (although no doubling down).

So FHR vs Virtuoso?

(1) Little known fact, but your Virtuoso TA can make an FHR booking. I'll most often do this when the client absolutely, positively needs the 4 p.m. late checkout ... and my sales rep isn't able to confirm a late check-out at time of booking. Usually, she can.

(2) The amenities are usually about equivalent, but Virtuoso is superior in some cases. For instance, want an upgrade at booking at the Ritz Paris + round-trip airport transfers + VIP airport reception on arrival? Ritz Paris offers this through Virtuoso, not FHR.

(3) Your Virtuoso TA likely has a preferred partner relationship with various hotel chains — Four Seasons, Dorchester Collection, Hyatt Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc. The Preferred Partner amenities are generally better than Virtuoso/FHR. Full breakfasts, not continental. Guaranteed upgrade in some cases.

(4) Service — will FHR phone or email your hotel to communicate your preferences and request an upgrade? LOL. Your Virtuoso TA knows your preferences by virtue of working exclusively with you over the years. And she/he has relationships with hotel sales managers by virtue of working them them over the years.
Nizar, obscure2k, nnn and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by DavidO
. . . consortial amenities (although no doubling down).
David O, I'm reaching out to you. Could you translate this into English please? The Queen has a consort, so is The Duke of Edinburgh an amenity? Does he double down, or maybe level up, going forward . . .

Last edited by Pausanias; Jul 13, 2020 at 3:48 am
Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Pausanias
David O, I'm reaching out to you. Could you translate this into English please? The Queen has a consort, so is The Duke of Edinburgh an amenity? Does he double down, or maybe level up, going forward . . .
Virtuoso and FHR each is a travel consortium. Benefits offered by Virtuoso or FHR may be called "consortial amenities". But it just means "Virtuoso amenities" or "FHR amenities", which are breakfast, upgrade, early check in / late check out, hotel credit, etc.

No doubling down just means you cannot get double-upgraded from booking through Virtuoso/FHR and from your hotel status, and cannot get four breakfasts per room, etc.
DavidO likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Exactly what Chateau Margaux said... Sorry for using industry jargon! There are a number of travel industry consortia including Virtuoso, Signature, Travel Leaders, and Ensemble.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:06 am

In my experience, the best perks always me with rooms Booke by my TA, hands down. FHR slightly nudges out status but not by much, I have had to push for included perks under both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.