Aman 20% gift card purchase promo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2020, 7:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Aventine
Sounds like Vlad needs cash.
He does. But he’s also posturing for acquisition/expansion partnerships.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 7:03 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if you can use this 20% bonus if booking with Virtuoso?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 7:22 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
Does anyone know if you can use this 20% bonus if booking with Virtuoso?
Aman has totally screwed this up, in my opinion. The "headline" essentially said they were selling gift cards at 20% off — and if that had been the case, the answer would have been "yes." But in practice, it doesn't apply at all Amanresorts and the T&C's are vague. Best bet is to ask your Virtuoso travel advisor to contact the resort on your behalf and see if she/he can get 20% off the Virtuoso rate through this "gift card" promotion.
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by DavidO
Aman has totally screwed this up, in my opinion. The "headline" essentially said they were selling gift cards at 20% off — and if that had been the case, the answer would have been "yes." But in practice, it doesn't apply at all Amanresorts and the T&C's are vague. Best bet is to ask your Virtuoso travel advisor to contact the resort on your behalf and see if she/he can get 20% off the Virtuoso rate through this "gift card" promotion.
Have you been able to get this for clients?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux
Have you been able to get this for clients?
I haven't been asked ... but if I were, I would contact both my national sales rep and the individual hotel's GM. If you pitch it right ... "this would make the sale" ... I think it would work.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:20 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
+1 on what DavidO has said.

Aman really didn't work this out smoothly and especially with their partners on this. I've had clients try to go this route, just today, trying to book Aman Venice and it was a no go. Was excluded from the bonus. I ended up just booking them per usual through my contacts and upgraded them at booking (the upgrade alone was a 37% value, i.e. less than the room was selling for).

Along with the Gift Cards, there are lots of languages that makes it worrisome, which has been pointed out above.

It's not stackable with Virtuoso but many TAs here normally gets more than 20% value on the bookings anyway and you won't be required to fork up the cash in advance and be on a timeline to spend it across a condensed number of Amans.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Jul 22, 2020 at 10:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.