Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Weekapaug Inn? Ocean House? (Rhode Island, USA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Considering these two for a summer trip with our two teenage children. Both seem to be opening, with limitations due to coronavirus.

Would appreciate any reviews / recommendations.

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Ben2020
Considering these two for a summer trip with our two teenage children. Both seem to be opening, with limitations due to coronavirus.

Would appreciate any reviews / recommendations.

Thanks!
Both Weekapaug and Ocean House are good properties, but really nothing special. If you're not set on location, I'd recommend splitting your RI visit between the Chanler at Cliff Walk, and some property in Newport walkable to the city center. When I stay in Newport, I usually stay at the Newport Marriott. The interior design is very unique, and the hotel is not worn out like the typical Marriott. The Vanderbilt hotel is okay, but it's inland, and the water view lacks in comparison. Also, given Newport's tourist status in the summer, inland hotels, especially on low levels, can get loud at night.

Last edited by ChateauMargaux; Jun 15, 2020 at 10:50 am
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
I stayed at Ocean House two years ago, it was a very pleasant stay. The hotel is not located near Newport so I like how it was a bit remote and private in that sense.
We took the hotel's car to Newport for an afternoon. I think depends on if you'd like to be closer to town, I don't remember much but I think the dining option around Ocean House is limited.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Strongly recommend Castle Hill Inn in Newport. No idea if it is open(ing), though.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:28 am
Suspended

Both are good properties.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
RI

How old are the teenagers? Old enough to wander by themselves? If so, then something in Newport would be ideal. Castle Hill is great, but outside of town - not walkable. Chanler is the "luxury" property in town and is actually pretty good. 41 North hotel is something to look at as well. the Marriott is nice, but no one is calling it luxury

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.