Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Crisis discounts at high end hotels (2020 Corona Virus)

Old Mar 8, 20, 12:40 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM

I know this thread is very old but I thought that in these uncertain times, it would be a good opportunity to bring back up this thread and post some particularly good luxury hotel offers.

I'll start with this one:

Four Seasons Hong Kong
https://www.fourseasons.com/hongkong...rate-in-style/
  • 15% off our Room Rate
  • A set lunch for two in Caprice once per stay
  • Late check-out until 4:00 pm
It's a non-refundable rate. Only a one night stay is required. I believe you can combine with FSPP benefits. Caprice regained their third star last year.
Old Mar 8, 20, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
Perhaps we'll get some Milan crisis rates in the not-to-distant future...
I don't even remember why I posted this, but perhaps it's finally relevant.
Old Mar 8, 20, 4:35 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
As far as I can see, SIN and BKK properties arenít discounted much at all.

Certainly not suites, anyway.
Old Mar 8, 20, 8:04 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
I can confirm that the Celebrate in Style promotion includes Preferred Partner amenities.

Originally Posted by francophile View Post
I know this thread is very old but I thought that in these uncertain times, it would be a good opportunity to bring back up this thread and post some particularly good luxury hotel offers.

I'll start with this one:

Four Seasons Hong Kong
https://www.fourseasons.com/hongkong...rate-in-style/
  • 15% off our Room Rate
  • A set lunch for two in Caprice once per stay
  • Late check-out until 4:00 pm
It's a non-refundable rate. Only a one night stay is required. I believe you can combine with FSPP benefits. Caprice regained their third star last year.
Old Mar 8, 20, 8:33 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
I don't even remember why I posted this, but perhaps it's finally relevant.
Maybe, BUT restaurants and bars being closed after 6PM in Lombardy, you will be confined to room service and the Scala is closed too . I got in touch with the virus at the MO before end January (sneezing Chinese groups - Lombardy and Veneto is full of these rather cheap groups in January) and as many with mild symptoms never got tested.
Old Mar 8, 20, 1:38 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Well Venice and Milan hotels are still expensive even though it's under quarantine
offerendum and lpolchlop like this.
Old Mar 8, 20, 5:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
One of the US airline CEOs recently said that cutting fares doesn't matter much since people are just not going to travel, and it feels like the hotels were doing something similar.

With oil prices plunging and the markets looking pretty ugly, I think we are pretty close to seeing some real travel deals. Going to make my points even more useless after all of the devaluations the past few years.
Old Mar 9, 20, 8:59 am

Programs: EY Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, EK Gold
if there's a property you're interested in, now is a good time as ever to directly email them regarding adjusted rates. a lot of the premium properties are likely to cut a deal behind the scenes vs. openly advertise reduced rates - I saw this happen w/ HK hotels during the protests
Old Mar 9, 20, 9:39 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
With the current condition, I will never book any hotels with a non refundable rate no matter how attractive the offer.
Old Mar 9, 20, 1:02 pm
Original Member

Depending on developments regarding likelihood of quarantine on either end, I am considering a return to Zihuatanejo next month after Easter. I can book a non-refundable pool suite at La Casa Que Canta at a very attractive rate and can do so at the last minute thereby mostly confident in traveling. Yes, a risk but one I am comfortable assuming. This assumes flights available so will be monitoring. I have great flexibility.

Sitting in ZIH as I tap this waiting to board homeward flight.

Last edited by KatW; Mar 9, 20 at 1:16 pm
Old Mar 9, 20, 1:32 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by reigndrop View Post
if there's a property you're interested in, now is a good time as ever to directly email them regarding adjusted rates. a lot of the premium properties are likely to cut a deal behind the scenes vs. openly advertise reduced rates - I saw this happen w/ HK hotels during the protests
I was offered 5% off a standard rate at an Amalfi Coast property for 3 nights in August 🤣.
Old Mar 9, 20, 3:36 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by BLV View Post
I was offered 5% off a standard rate at an Amalfi Coast property for 3 nights in August 🤣.
Kinda chintzy, no?
Old Mar 10, 20, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by BLV View Post
Just wait a month.
Old Mar 10, 20, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
I think it's hilarious that, on the one hand people are in a panicked hysteria and claiming that airlines and hotels must allow cancellations or changes or have blood on their hands, and on the other hand people are saying 'well, if I get that business class flight for $1,000 and the palace hotel for $300 a night, let's go for it!'
m.photog, SojournsOf and lpolchlop like this.
Old Mar 10, 20, 7:14 am

Programs: LH HON
If youíre looking for 3 months from now, donít bet on it. If youíre looking for 5 days from now, the odds are better.

Scored competitive rates at the Four Seasons SF, which is typically atrociously expensive.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: