Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts thread - 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:47 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Completely agree with you that they have really shifted their marketing concept over the years but I do at least understand why they think the latter influencer matters. I believe she (Hoskelsa) is a Victoria Secret Model (6M followers) who is also a rep for Revolve clothing brand. Revolve has been doing a ton of events over the years and often books Aman where possible. Amangiri and Amanpuri they have booked many times with all their reps (models/influencers). So she and her group probably accounts for a good bit of business for them and this is likely the 4th or 5th visit at Aman Tokyo for them. If I can recall correctly.

But I think to the point some have mentioned on the forum, this has changed the demographics at some Amans. And some locations have become more "hip" vibe than "peaceful" because of it.
Thanks for the explanations BESVISOR - shows that I am getting old and no longer care about Victoria's Secret models
Anyway, I follow Aman for serene, beautiful posts of gorgeous resorts. Not to see underwear models (hope my wife is reading this ). I understand that they want to leverage the 6M followers, but those are very unlikely to be future Aman guests anyway...
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:01 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
Thanks for the explanations BESVISOR - shows that I am getting old and no longer care about Victoria's Secret models
Anyway, I follow Aman for serene, beautiful posts of gorgeous resorts. Not to see underwear models (hope my wife is reading this ). I understand that they want to leverage the 6M followers, but those are very unlikely to be future Aman guests anyway...
Haha, I agree with you. I must be getting old as well
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
You're not getting old: I'm not even 40 and Aman is beginning to strike me as coveting the wrong crowd.

I've been to Amangiri 10+ times and thankfully, the prices there remain high enough to keep out the party crowd.

I can't say the same for their other properties. It's weird seeing them pop up on Kardashian-like feeds. Very off-brand for them, IMO.
FlyerEC and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:50 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas
You're not getting old: I'm not even 40 and Aman is beginning to strike me as coveting the wrong crowd.

I've been to Amangiri 10+ times and thankfully, the prices there remain high enough to keep out the party crowd.

I can't say the same for their other properties. It's weird seeing them pop up on Kardashian-like feeds. Very off-brand for them, IMO.
Good point and I think there are still some great Amans out there.

Planning to return to Amankila, Amanoi and visit Amanjiwo this Summer. Some are still old school enough
BenjaminNicholas likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:39 pm

Thanks all for the advice Will definitely go if can make it happen next month, but otherwise it’s on my list to do in the near year!
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:52 am

Amanpulo and other Amans Indonesia.

Apologies I started a brand new thread whereas I guess this was the forum in which to ask my question..

Hi, we are flying into Hong Kong late on the afternoon of October 5th (so will need to overnight there) and then flying out of HK very late on October 20th. I am very keen to spend at least 4 nights at Amanpulo (preferably at the back end of the trip) and I was wondering whether it was a good idea / possible to visit some of the properties on Bali, Moyo or Java. If anyone has any experience of something similar I would be very grateful.
Thanks
Andy
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:04 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by AndyLondon
Apologies I started a brand new thread whereas I guess this was the forum in which to ask my question..

Hi, we are flying into Hong Kong late on the afternoon of October 5th (so will need to overnight there) and then flying out of HK very late on October 20th. I am very keen to spend at least 4 nights at Amanpulo (preferably at the back end of the trip) and I was wondering whether it was a good idea / possible to visit some of the properties on Bali, Moyo or Java. If anyone has any experience of something similar I would be very grateful.
Thanks
Andy
Hi Andy,

Awesome to hear of your trip!!

From HKG, you can easily add on Indonesia and I'd highly suggest Amanjiwo and Amankila.
I'm headed to Maldives in May and will go through HKG as well but decided to also add on Puri, Jiwo and return to Kila
Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:04 am

Hey everyone,
Looking for some advice. We are already planning our 2021 February trip (we have a big anniversary and want to do something special).

I was initially considering doing a split sty between Aman-I-Khas and Amanbagh. Maybe staying 4 and 5 nights respectively. This would be our first visit to India and the biggest concern I have is around transfer. I know the recommended way to reach the hotels from Delhi is train and that will definitely take a lot of time.

The other option I am now looking into is Amankila/Amanjiwo. Turkish Airlines now offers good flights to Denpasar, so flying there is now easier for us. I know February is a wet season, so this might not be the best choice.

We have a September trip planned in Amanruya, which would be our first Aman. We are really looking forward to it.

What is the most important to us is the service, which we believe the Aman resorts can provide.

Any insight that we can use?
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:48 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by atanasova
Hey everyone,
Looking for some advice. We are already planning our 2021 February trip (we have a big anniversary and want to do something special).

I was initially considering doing a split sty between Aman-I-Khas and Amanbagh. Maybe staying 4 and 5 nights respectively. This would be our first visit to India and the biggest concern I have is around transfer. I know the recommended way to reach the hotels from Delhi is train and that will definitely take a lot of time.

The other option I am now looking into is Amankila/Amanjiwo. Turkish Airlines now offers good flights to Denpasar, so flying there is now easier for us. I know February is a wet season, so this might not be the best choice.

We have a September trip planned in Amanruya, which would be our first Aman. We are really looking forward to it.

What is the most important to us is the service, which we believe the Aman resorts can provide.

Any insight that we can use?
Congrats on your big milestone and welcome to the Aman group

I think all 4 Amans you're considering for Feb are great options for your needs as those are some of the highest (service wise) regarded Amans.
To me Amankila and Amanjiwo are more appealing and the transfers are easier than Amans in India but everyone has a different tolerance for travel/logistic hassles. Booking Aman India for clients, we always spend 30% of the time/effort on booking the stay and 70% on the logistics. LOL!

For Kila and Jiwo, since you're staying 9 nights in total, I think if you can push your trip towards end of Feb. then your odds of having decent/sunny days are fairly good! And you should have some great rates/promotions then. I'm a big fan of getting a pool suite or infinity pool suite at Amankila and for Jiwo, less important.

Cheers!

Last edited by BESVISOR; Feb 29, 2020 at 9:54 am
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Both India and Indonesia Amans will be amazing for your trip. It really depends on what type of trip you want.
For Aman-i-Khas, if you are coming from Jaipur then 3 nights is sufficient.
We did Jaipur-Khas-Bagh-Agra a few years ago. We stayed at the Taj in Jaipur and Oberoir in Agra (booked directly with hotel through our TA). Our TA then booked our Aman stay directly with Aman - they told us which order to stay in and handled all internal transfers for us. It was surprisingly easy.
I think where India gets complicated is because people want to try and see a little bit of everything. If you took the above itinerary and tried adding Udaipuer, Varanasi, Jaislemer, Bombay, etc then it starts getting very complicated.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Did the two Indian Amans a bit more than a year ago. For the length of stay you are considering, they have a package that includes meals and a transfer between the two. They are very different places and have a very different feel from each other. I don't think there is train service to anywhere particularly near to them.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes, the package we booked included all meals when staying at both hotels for 3 nights each. Plus laundry service at Aman-i-khas was great. The drive from Jaipur to Khas and from Khas to Bagh was pretty manageable. The one to Agra was tougher.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:24 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Fly into Jaipur instead of Dehli to make transfer easier.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:56 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

When I looked into flights to Jaipur, it did not make travel that much easier (will have additional layover which added quite some time to the trip, Jaipur to hotels still took a few hours).

The train travel to the hotels is one of the options for airport transfer in their brochure. As far as I understand, they send a batman to assist you in that travel. Some of my Indian friends also recommended train over car transfer.

However, I think that the Indonesian resorts might be a better fit for our anniversary, since this will limit the transfer times and we can spend more time enjoying the resorts. We plan to do Amandari, Amajiwo and Amankila.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:13 pm

I'm seeing what appear to be very low rates for Kila, Dari and Puri in April, including around Easter. Are these normal? (Eg Kilasari suite at Kila for only just above $1k per night)...? Or is this Coronavirus affected?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.