Reload this Page >

Amanresorts thread - 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts thread - 2020

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2020, 4:43 am

Interesting review today in The Daily Telegraph of Camp Sarika, the outward bound adjunct to Amangiri. Tented pavilions are a snip at £2600 per night and because the ten pavilions are jammed together in 55 acres, they are only operating six at the moment, to ensure social distancing. Glamping has never looked so glam, nor Covid so covetous. If only we were allowed to fly to the US but apparently it's booked up until 2022, so that's a blessing.
offerendum and FlyerEC like this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:50 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by sophialite
Am currently at Amanzoe. Astounding
Nice one! Good timing too - they're closing early this season and won't be open from November onwards I believe.
offerendum likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Nice one! Good timing too - they're closing early this season and won't be open from November onwards I believe.
Last year I thought they will open every year longer and longer.
Epicura likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Last year I thought they will open every year longer and longer.
Indeed but this year has been a strange year (at least). Anyway, pushing the closure date after Nov 1 was still more or less on the table earlier this week but very much depending on requests. So if anybody would consider to stay during the first week of November, act now . Send me a PM or just contact Amanzoe/Paul via e-mail. I do know there's a request from Belgium (our Autumn break is a week after most other EU Atumn breaks) for a total of 3 pavilions.
offerendum likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 3:03 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I've extended my stay multiple times so far as I dread returning to the drearier weather up north. The hotel is absolutely packed and it was a struggle to actually extend the reservation.

I think the weather next week turns decidedly worse so I will probably head back home then.
Epicura likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 3:35 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sophialite
I've extended my stay multiple times so far as I dread returning to the drearier weather up north. The hotel is absolutely packed and it was a struggle to actually extend the reservation.

I think the weather next week turns decidedly worse so I will probably head back home then.
Nice one, enjoy!

From what I see, thunderstorms expected from next Wednesday. You still have 7 nights at least to enjoy
Old Oct 22, 2020, 1:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Epicura
Indeed but this year has been a strange year (at least). Anyway, pushing the closure date after Nov 1 was still more or less on the table earlier this week but very much depending on requests. So if anybody would consider to stay during the first week of November, act now . Send me a PM or just contact Amanzoe/Paul via e-mail. I do know there's a request from Belgium (our Autumn break is a week after most other EU Atumn breaks) for a total of 3 pavilions.
As of yesterday , Paul L said finishing season 1 November ( running at 100 % too , I might add ) and opening 1 April 2021 . My planning continues .

A happy situation , in stark contrast to many other AMANs
livefromtuscany likes this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Oct 22, 2020 at 2:18 am
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
As of yesterday , Paul L said finishing season 1 November ( running at 100 % too , I might add ) and opening 1 April 2021 . My planning continues .

A happy situation , in stark contrast to many other AMANs
I hear that N'oi also has had very strong occupancy and business during the last months, much to my surprise... again another stark contrast. Didn't expect the Vietnamese local market to be so strong!

Great to hear Zoe is fine.
offerendum likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by scented
I hear that N'oi also has had very strong occupancy and business during the last months, much to my surprise... again another stark contrast. Didn't expect the Vietnamese local market to be so strong!

Great to hear Zoe is fine.
Yes , as Vietnam remains open , she has , unlike many of her Asian counterparts , been providing much needed enjoyment and relief during this pandemic . Hopefully , the quarantine situation is waived on return too , so our January trips to Vietnam including N’oi are possible . Pulo too . At least these countries have a domestic market and local / regional lockdowns / restrictions are easing . Other countries like Indonesia and Thailand , having their borders closed till end of this year , means putting travel hopes to those AMANs on the back burner ..
Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:08 am

Am pleased and relieved to say that all is well in Ruya after the Aegean Sea earthquake .
Zoe was not affected & still busy even with tomorrow - Sunday ‘ s , 1 November , close for the 2020 season .
No’i is ok too even with the typhoons . Just the usual seasonal rains and surge ..
Old Nov 9, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Tried Amankila few weeks ago.

Only 3 villas occupied during my time.
Service was amazing and I guess they manage to convince me to join Amanjunkies rank

I guess now plan for staying at Indonesian Amans first until the time border open and can plan for those abroad Amans
Fliar and FlyerEC like this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:55 am

Aman just announced ( already mentioned before, thus expected) link with Hotel Rosa Alpina , Dolomites but it’s now officially known as ....an Aman partner hotel.

The image is becoming more IHG although Aman did have a recommended hotel in New Delhi before the Aman Lodhi opened.

Aman partner hotel is certainly taking Aman towards yet another direction .

Perhaps it’s an Aman in waiting after extensive work later on ?
offerendum likes this.

Last edited by bearbrick; Nov 11, 2020 at 4:26 am
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by bearbrick
Aman just announced ( already mentioned before, thus expected) link with Hotel Rosa Alpina , Dolomites but it’s now officially known as ....an Aman partner hotel.

The image is becoming more IHG although Aman did have a recommended hotel in New Delhi before the Aman Lodhi opened.

Aman partner hotel is certainly taking Aman towards yet another direction .

As I understand it, yes...

Under the terms of the agreement, Aman will integrate marketing services and sales, as well as operations on the ground in an initial phase that will span the next 18 months. Evolving judiciously over the years to come, and after significant investment, the long-term partnership will see Rosa Alpina become a fully branded Aman in December 2022 – in time to welcome guests for the winter season.

https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk/aman...-alpina-hotel/

Did you get the same email or it was a shorter one with less details?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:54 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bearbrick
It‘s not a bad hotel, but IMHO nothing to do with an Aman. Architecturally boring building, alpine rustic-chic interior. The only way to make this an Aman is to tear it down and rebuild it.

Doronin bought the property and now markets it through Aman, but the product is nowhere on the same level. The food is better than many Amans though...
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Tried Amankila few weeks ago.

Only 3 villas occupied during my time.
Service was amazing and I guess they manage to convince me to join Amanjunkies rank

I guess now plan for staying at Indonesian Amans first until the time border open and can plan for those abroad Amans
Nice one! You should hit up Amanjiwo soon too...(assume you're in Jakarta?)
kaizen7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.