FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Las Vegas: Encore Tower Suites vs. others (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/2003417-las-vegas-encore-tower-suites-vs-others.html)

mktozd Jan 17, 2020 10:08 pm

Wynn side is busier and more central and I like the colors and decor of the rooms better. Encore is fine too. Really no close second choices.

theOtherHolmes Jan 28, 2020 9:09 am

Ah the good times.. in 2013 I booked a Wynn Tower King Suite via FHR at Wynn for US $1100 for four nights right during Christmas. It was pay three get one free deal.

When I checked in, the front desk denied my upgrade despite all suites being available for sale, and put us in just the room we booked.

I didn’t waste my time with the FD. Went to the room and called Amex. I also emailed Amex.

Half an hour later they put us in the Salon Suite.

Though nowadays Cosmo is my preferred property on the strip.

BenjaminNicholas Jan 28, 2020 10:21 am

Wynncore is stingy as hell with FHR upgrades. It's always a fight to get them to honor it.

Generally, the decline of the property since Steve was ousted is palpable. The rates have dropped, more deals offered to get a greater diversity of guest, more DJs which bring a younger, louder contingent and a turnover of dining options. It feels a lot like the other hotels in Vegas now, albeit with better finishes.

The saving grace is the refurb of the Wynn Spa. Looks fantastic, but it's still on the small side for the number of people who use it.

CGRA Jan 28, 2020 10:50 am

Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas (Post 32004320)
Wynncore is stingy as hell with FHR upgrades. It's always a fight to get them to honor it.

confused : who was not upgraded at wynncore ??!!

Bellagio does not upgrade FHR / virtuoso but wynny still do :o)

BenjaminNicholas Jan 28, 2020 4:36 pm

The reply just above mine spoke of Wynn's tight-fisted upgrades with FHR.

I've had better luck with Virtuoso at Wynncore, but ultimately, I usually just book the room I want from the get-go.

Mickidon Jan 29, 2020 6:57 am

Just a note to the noise sensitive: Wynn was our go to and we stayed there many times, finding the location, service and rooms top notch. We always opted for a suite with the private entrance but we have given up staying here due to excessive noise issues. The Club generates internal
noise that can be heard on high floors, often until 4 AM. When the Pool Parties are happening, rooms on the golf view side of the are bombarded with noise. Finally, rooms on the strip side often came with a side of unpredictable train noise. I know it is silly to expect quiet in a city like Las Vegas,
but it was just too much for these non party people. If you are up late anyway, it won't matter but it was a significant enough problem for us that we had to stop visiting what was our favorite hotel.

myeurocrush Jan 29, 2020 2:27 pm

I know MGM isn’t the most glamorous of hotels, but I loved the Skylofts at MGM. The service and rooms were exceptional. It has a private entrance, elevator and Butler service, great concierge. Limo airport transfer. Prices vary but you should be able to get a one bedroom for under 1500.

BenjaminNicholas Jan 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by myeurocrush (Post 32009445)
I know MGM isn’t the most glamorous of hotels, but I loved the Skylofts at MGM. The service and rooms were exceptional. It has a private entrance, elevator and Butler service, great concierge. Limo airport transfer. Prices vary but you should be able to get a one bedroom for under 1500.

Skylofts used to be great, but they've needed a refurb for awhile.

Their AC systems are weak for the bi-level nature of the rooms. The furniture and 'art' in the rooms needs refreshing.

I worried about the product when they started to cheapen out on the airport transfers: From a guaranteed all-Maybach fleet to beat-up MGM house limos. No bueno.