Villa Cora, Florence

Old Dec 24, 19, 10:34 pm
Original Poster
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Villa Cora, Florence

I've been looking at hotels in Florence, and I saw Villa Cora, a property I haven't really seen/heard about before. It's a little bit outside of the centre (10 min taxi from Gucci Garden, for example). Just wondering if anyone has toured/stayed there? We've stayed at several of the more typical properties in Florence before and were looking for something possibly a little different for next summer.
Any input would be appreciated!
Old Dec 25, 19, 8:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
There are eight (out of eight) positive reviews on Virtuoso.com, all of which are quite complimentary (except for the note that lead-in rooms are small). I've never stayed or visited it myself, but Villa Cora a boutique hotel (44 rooms) that looks intriguing.
Old Dec 27, 19, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
I stayed in 2016 and it is one of my all-time favorite hotels. The service was impeccable. My suite was lovely, and the hotel has a strong sense of place. F&B was a highlight for me as they truly understood how handle guests with dietary restrictions. It's a nice place to retreat from the hustle and bustle of Florence, and still be close to everything.

https://www.luxurytravelworks.com/20...rt-1-florence/
Old Dec 29, 19, 1:51 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Rooms are spread out over one large building, where the informal lobby, breakfast rooms and panoramic rooftop deck are located, and 2 smaller ones. The "medium" sized building is connected by an underground tunnel to the main building and houses the spa. The 3rd building has 2 (or maybe 3) rooms and is right up against the road which could cause some noise issues.
Dinner around the pool in the summer is lovely.
And the best part, this property is often 1/2 the cost of the Four Seasons with a very similar offering.
Very much worth a try
livefromtuscany and FlyerEC like this.
Old Jan 3, 20, 3:06 pm

I really liked this hotel too. We stayed in a family room (that was a reasonable size suite) in the main building for a few days in about 2017. It was a quick/easy walk into central Florence and the outdoor pool was nice.
The GM was very friendly and helpful as we were pretty much a walk in given a sudden work crisis. It was a mix of couples and families in August and was a fraction of the price of the FS etc...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: